Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Texas bill 321 signed into law (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/texas-bill-321-signed-into-law-44993/)

David26 07-10-2011 05:07 PM

Texas bill 321 signed into law

Got a letter from the NRA the other day saying that the Governor Rick Perry signed bill 321 into law allowing employees to keep lawfully owned firearms in there locked private motor vehicels while parked at work in company parking lots. goes into effect in sept 1 2011.

it small but atleast its a step in the right direction around here.

Daoust_Nat 07-10-2011 11:16 PM

Be careful, it is legal in Florida, but the employer can still terminate you. You just cannot be arrested.

I have one in the car, but I do not advertise it.

lonewolf101 07-11-2011 12:34 AM

years ago I live in phonix and out there they have circle K stores on almost every corner anyway there was roberies of thoes stores, so one night a man walks into the store to rob it the guy behiend the counter pulled his gun didnt kill the robber but he ran out of the store the guy who pulled his gun was FIRED! even though in AZ you could carry openly. and the NRA didnt do **** about trying overturn to get the guy job back:mad:

Thadeuce 07-11-2011 12:38 AM

I heard a similar story recently about a pharmacist that thwarted a robbery by carrying and was fired by Walgreen's for having a gun at work.

canebrake 07-11-2011 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonewolf101 (Post 538592)
years ago I live in phonix and out there they have circle K stores on almost every corner anyway there was roberies of thoes stores, so one night a man walks into the store to rob it the guy behiend the counter pulled his gun didnt kill the robber but he ran out of the store the guy who pulled his gun was FIRED! even though in AZ you could carry openly. and the NRA didnt do **** about trying overturn to get the guy job back:mad:

Fired from a Circle K? They did him a favor!

Korey 07-11-2011 12:48 AM

you can't have a gun in your car at work?

lonewolf101 07-11-2011 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 538600)
Fired from a Circle K? They did him a favor!

yeah but that waent the POINT I was making

JonM 07-11-2011 01:42 AM

i got fired from pizza hut waaaaay back for not letting a scumbag rob me and steal my car. delivery drivers use their personal vehicles. if i was smarter then i woulda found a law weasel to help sue em *sigh*. those no fight back policies take the option of self defense from the employee basically it deprives the employee to the right to life and liberty. even the government has to go through court trials to deprive a citizen the right to life and liberty. but some jack@ss in a corporate boardroom can do it by fiat with no trial by jury.

thats about as fkd up as you can get.