Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Terrorists show renewed interest in explosive implants, TSA's nudie booth can't see. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/terrorists-show-renewed-interest-explosive-implants-tsas-nudie-booth-cant-see-44814/)

orangello 07-06-2011 08:47 PM

Terrorists show renewed interest in explosive implants, TSA's nudie booth can't see.

Security officials see renewed interest in implanted explosives - CNN.com

"As a precaution, passengers flying from international locations to U.S. destinations may notice additional security measures in place. These measures are designed to be unpredictable, so passengers should not expect to see the same activity at every international airport," Kimball said. from the article.

Unpredicatble eh? hmmmmmm Did i hear a elbow-length rubber glove being snapped? :eek:

I guess the TSA's nudie booth isn't up to the task.

Millwright 07-07-2011 03:36 AM

Or at least so says DHS. And TSA says its going for "more passenger interaction", too !

About all we really know about these backscatter scanners is there's reports they generate a lot more "dose" than the public has been led to believe. Rumor has it a lot of TSA personnel are presenting a lot more cancers than statistical probability predicts should occur.

The administration that promised a "new era in government transparency" has delivered - with black pages. >MW

michigan0626 07-09-2011 10:39 AM

I work at a federal prison. We have to body scanners. There is an old one, it can see through clothes to locate weapons, and see how "endowed" one is. We have another one, I believe it is a prototype. It takes 30 seconds. You can count the number of fillings in someones mouth, you can see if they have any rods and screws in bones, you can even see if an inmate has swallowed 12 balloons of cocaine or marijuana.

I personally think they should use these. If they are already gonna invade privacy and look or touch your junk, at least use something that would show implanted bombs.

RairWeatherSmok 07-09-2011 03:15 PM

First off, I don't fly anymore. IF I did, and if I was scanned by the device that scans whats inside, the first call they would make would be to a bomb disposal squad.

I have a 4 oz titanium computer capable of delivering 700 joules of electricity through 3 leads attached to my heart. I saw a chest x-ray once. Looked awful spooky.

Just add C4 and ready to blow !!

Jpyle 07-09-2011 03:22 PM

Oh behave...

http://images.cheezburger.com/comple...5051953016.jpg

orangello 07-09-2011 07:09 PM

I just hope those TouchySqueezyAsswipes don't screw up train travel.

canebrake 07-09-2011 07:28 PM

I had the answer two years ago, nobody listens to an old man!

You build a check point booth big enough for one person at a time. The booth is made of ballistic/bomb proof material and once the subject enters, every known RF trigger is employed to cause explosives to go high order.

No boom, no bomb. Boom, no problem, the check point booths have wheels and you wheel out the used one and replace it with a fresh one!

No more need for nudie booths, junk touchers and the like!

IGETEVEN 07-09-2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 537804)
I had the answer two years ago, nobody listens to an old man!

You build a check point booth big enough for one person at a time. The booth is made of ballistic/bomb proof material and once the subject enters, every known RF trigger is employed to cause explosives to go high order.

No boom, no bomb. Boom, no problem, the check point booths have wheels and you wheel out the used one and replace it with a fresh one!

No more need for nudie booths, junk touchers and the like!

I listened and still like the idea myself as well. :cool:

They would need to add a good drain/garbage disposal, some bleach and a firehose for quick clean-up and turnaround though. ;)

therewolf 07-11-2011 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RairWeatherSmok (Post 537652)
First off, I don't fly anymore. IF I did, and if I was scanned by the device that scans whats inside, the first call they would make would be to a bomb disposal squad.

I have a 4 oz titanium computer capable of delivering 700 joules of electricity through 3 leads attached to my heart. I saw a chest x-ray once. Looked awful spooky.

Just add C4 and ready to blow !!

I don't fly anymore, either. Maybe, prior to bankruptcy, the airlines will

get the message...

Lawmaker 07-16-2011 02:36 AM

Soon we will be like Total Recall where we can only see bones.