Teachers carrying concealed - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Teachers carrying concealed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4791 Times on 2317 Posts
Likes Given: 1482

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I think you would be able to find retired LEOs or veterans who would do some volunteer work a week at time. Rotating volunteers to watch over the schools.

The students shouldn't know who carries and who doesn't.
Volunteer vets would be cost effective but the turnover could lead to confusion in a crisis...teachers and students not recognizing the volunteers, volunteers not being familiar with the buildings layout, not knowing where students are...Ect...

I know many career educators and they're not all lemmings. I've shot with members here who are teachers and trust them implicitly.

Far better in a crisis to have armed immediate responders that the kids know and recognize as there beloved teachers...particularly in a high school where male students are more that capable of taking a full grown man off his feet "if they mistook him for a threat".

Our schools are like large extended families...far better for scared kids to get direction from trusted and armed adults rather than strangers.

Tack

Old 12-18-2012, 07:22 PM   #22
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7139 Times on 4297 Posts
Likes Given: 8669

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Volunteer vets would be cost effective but the turnover could lead to confusion in a crisis...teachers and students not recognizing the volunteers, volunteers not being familiar with the buildings layout, not knowing where students are...Ect...
Good point. I never thought of that.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:30 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1816 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I think I am the only teachers in my school that even has a carry license and owns guns. I would love to be able to carry at work.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:03 PM   #24
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4733 Times on 1608 Posts
Likes Given: 1445

I like this.

NSDQ

Old 12-19-2012, 07:41 AM   #25

Liked 180 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
I think I am the only teachers in my school that even has a carry license and owns guns. I would love to be able to carry at work.
You should see if that can become a reality. Since you are a woman and a gun owner/carrier you should try and educate some of your co-workers. One of my sons teachers gave a lecture today to the kids badmouthing guns and gun owners. I would love to ''visit'' him but know it would not be a good idea. The rhetoric since this last shooting is unlike anything I have ever seen. People need to stand up and fight for our rights. Hearing the things Im hearing from gun owners is disheartening. Many have already given up. We have to fight.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:50 AM   #26

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

In my home town we have a High School Skeet Shooting Team. I love in the backwoods of Oklahoma but it is not uncommon for schools in this area to have Skeet Teams. No Doubt that there are teachers and administrators carrying at many of the rural schools in Oklahoma. It is part of our culture. You would be hard pressed to find a home in our community that does not have at least 4 or 5 guns in them. If you do find a home that is unarmed it is likely a person that moved to here from Commiefornia or some place of that sort. . Hunting and being self sufficient is part of our way of life.

Truly the only way to get peace is to plan for war. If the bad guys want a fight let them know that it is a lose lose situation for them. If they plan on killing themselves when it is all over we should be able to help them to that part of their plan before they kill our kids.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:12 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1816 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamashooter68

You should see if that can become a reality. Since you are a woman and a gun owner/carrier you should try and educate some of your co-workers. One of my sons teachers gave a lecture today to the kids badmouthing guns and gun owners. I would love to ''visit'' him but know it would not be a good idea. The rhetoric since this last shooting is unlike anything I have ever seen. People need to stand up and fight for our rights. Hearing the things Im hearing from gun owners is disheartening. Many have already given up. We have to fight.
I have definitely been talking to the other teachers, especially the ones that say things like "why does anyone need an AR. They're assault rifles and are completely unnecessary". I calmly explain that I have one and that they are simply a rifle. I always invite people to come out and shoot with me so that they can see for themselves. I explain that I carry when I am not at school etc. I explain that the media is putting a negative spin on this. I personally have not watched any of the news coverage and wish more people would do the same.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:13 AM   #28

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Get ready for mags to go thru roof

just like the clinton era - high cap mags disappearing

"I'd rather be a conservative nut nob than a liberal with no nuts and no job!"

Old 12-19-2012, 11:20 AM   #29

Liked 383 Times on 250 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Haven't read all the posts, maybe someone's already touched on this. Rather than trying to arm and train teachers and other civilians, why not veterans? Iraqi and Afghan vets are already highly trained, have multiple tour experience. It would put unemployed vets to work and would give we taxpayers added return on our initial investment in their military training. MHO, but it makes more sense to me than trying to train someone up from scratch.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:02 PM   #30

Liked 1739 Times on 898 Posts
Likes Given: 1338

At the very least, some school personnel should have training and access to non-lethals. Even a can of 'industrial strengh' pepper spray could have reduced the carnage.

25' range:
http://www.buy-pepper-spray-today.com/pepper-spray-gun.html

Last edited by Vincine; 12-19-2012 at 01:09 PM.
dog2000tj Likes This