Teachers carrying concealed - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Teachers carrying concealed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 03:03 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRawTalent View Post
Do YOU think teachers be allowed to carry a concealed weapon to protect our children?
No I don't ... they need to be focused on educating the youth, not protecting them. We have plenty of returning and retired vets who are more than capable of protecting our children.

Place them in every single school in the country, dressed in plain clothes, with access to a firearm and remove the "gun free zone" signs ... then lets see how many of these piece of **** fucking cowards decide to shoot up a school

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

People Like This 
Old 12-18-2012, 03:21 AM   #12

Liked 4885 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
No I don't ... they need to be focused on educating the youth, not protecting them. We have plenty of returning and retired vets who are more than capable of protecting our children.

Place them in every single school in the country, dressed in plain clothes, with access to a firearm and remove the "gun free zone" signs ... then lets see how many of these piece of **** fucking cowards decide to shoot up a school
Um... Dog... I've heard there are 100,000 K thu 12 schools in the US. To be effective you'd need at least 2 vets per school.

Let's assume they work for an average of $38k per year...we are talking about 3.8 million per year to get started.

Now I'm sure we could easilly find 10 times that amount simply by eliminating the department of education...but...we'd need to make the cuts first.

Tack
Old 12-18-2012, 03:26 AM   #13

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Um... Dog... I've heard there are 100,000 K thu 12 schools in the US. To be effective you'd need at least 2 vets per school.

Let's assume they work for an average of $38k per year...we are talking about 3.8 million per year to get started.

Now I'm sure we could easilly find 10 times that amount simply by eliminating the department of education...but...we'd need to make the cuts first.

Tack
Actually it's $3.8billion ...

here is $750million to get started,

Quote:
The Embassy of the United States in Baghdad is the diplomatic mission of the United States in Iraq. It is located in Baghdad and is home to the Ambassador to Iraq. Ambassador James F. Jeffrey is currently the Chief of Mission.
The Embassy of the United States in Baghdad is the largest and most expensive of any embassy in the world. At 440,000 square meters it is nearly as large as Vatican City.[1] It also employs 15,000 people and cost $750 million to build. The Embassy opened in January 2009 following a series of construction delays.
and some more funds to continue the program - http://costofwar.com/

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 12-18-2012, 03:31 AM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Unfortunately, I think that armed personnel in the school is an idea whose time has come. Perhaps not each teacher in the class, but as suggested, several personnel, perhaps administrators who aren't in the room to accidentally discharge a live round.
I do disagree with some who seem to think that it would be a deterrent. A nut intent on suicide is not going to be deterred by the fact that he might get killed. Any police officers in the group are familiar with the problem and danger of "suicide by cop". So, armed school personnel needs to be a low key quiet strategy.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:48 AM   #15

Liked 61 Times on 32 Posts

Absolutely think teachers should carry, and be trained. Gun free zones invite slaughter. They should have cc parents that live near by as responders as well.

Outlawing any gun is just opening the door to complete loss of second ammendment.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #16

Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

I truly think allowing a TRAINED and certified teacher to carry in school would've eliminated the douchebag from murdering all those children. At the least, two teachers per school, like I said.

spit hell fire

Old 12-18-2012, 10:52 AM   #17

Liked 393 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 4

At first glance, it's an idea who's time has come. On the other hand, are we talking all schools? Don't know if it would be a good idea in some of the high schools around here. I see armed teachers possibly getting overpowered by students set on getting the gun. MHO you understand.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #18

Liked 1154 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 363

Quote:

Tack
http://www.proudtoserveagain.com/ It's a program called Vets to Teachers, government helps train vets to be teachers if they choose.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 12-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #19

Liked 4134 Times on 2024 Posts
Likes Given: 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn
At first glance, it's an idea who's time has come. On the other hand, are we talking all schools? Don't know if it would be a good idea in some of the high schools around here. I see armed teachers possibly getting overpowered by students set on getting the gun. MHO you understand.
The beauty of CCW is no one knows who has guns. And if students take a teachers gun, there's other teachers with guns.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 12-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #20
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7315 Times on 4399 Posts
Likes Given: 8971

Quote:

Tack
I think you would be able to find retired LEOs or veterans who would do some volunteer work a week at time. Rotating volunteers to watch over the schools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn View Post
The students shouldn't know who carries and who doesn't.