Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Teachers carrying concealed (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/teachers-carrying-concealed-78716/)

MyRawTalent 12-18-2012 01:49 AM

Teachers carrying concealed

Do YOU think teachers be allowed to carry a concealed weapon to protect our children?

Squawk 12-18-2012 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyRawTalent
Do YOU think teachers be allowed to carry a concealed weapon to protect our children?

Yea I do. But it won't happen. The Tyrannical Government wants all the sheeple to live in fear.

trip286 12-18-2012 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyRawTalent (Post 1055731)

There's at least one school district in Texas that has already gone that route. The board's theory is that this particular school is 30 minutes away for the Sheriff's department, and right off a major highway in an isolated area, so if an attack were to take place, it could be very, VERY bad.

They do have rules on it. Several different classes plus a Texas CC permit.

niteglock 12-18-2012 01:55 AM

I think all schools should have at least one or two trained teachers or principals conceal carrying.

trip286 12-18-2012 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niteglock (Post 1055739)
I think all schools should have at least one or two trained teachers or principals conceal carrying.

I'll add to this...

I think that there should be one armed teacher per minimum of every 3 classrooms, and I think the cops should be left to do "real" cop duties, such as patrolling the neighborhoods of their communities, investigating crimes, and occasionally helping little old ladies cross the street, instead of the ones I've seen in schools, just hanging out, sitting on their butts and not doing squat. At least until little Johnny brings his nerf to school, then they get to arrest a 6 year old child and carry them downtown for being such a deadly ****ing menace to society.

John_Deer 12-18-2012 02:05 AM

Security guards would be more effective. Most teachers are not experienced with guns. In urban areas you might not find a teacher in the entire school. If teachers are qualified and want to carry that is fine but requiring any educator to carry is a bad idea.

trip286 12-18-2012 02:07 AM

Read it and see what y'all think....

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/12/14/4486104/texas-school-where-teachers-carry.html

aandabooks 12-18-2012 02:19 AM

I am a teacher in Illinois. I would carry at school if I could. I teach machining and our CTE is in a different building from the main high school. We do have a full-time officer but reaction time could be anywhere from 30 seconds to several minutes depending on where he is in the building. I would want teachers trained and very proficient in firearms handling/marksmanship.

JonM 12-18-2012 02:50 AM

security guards are worthless. they dont arm security guards in schools.

Quote:

The Red Lake massacre was an incident of spree killing that occurred in two places on the Red Lake reservation in Red Lake, Minnesota, United States. The first murders began on the morning of March 21, 2005, when 16-year-old Jeffrey Weise killed his grandfather and his grandfather's girlfriend. He later drove his grandfather's police vehicle to Red Lake Senior High School, where he shot and killed seven people on the school campus, one teacher and an unarmed security guard, and wounded five others. The shooting ended when Weise committed suicide.
the only thing that stops this sht is armed citizens with guns. if you want lots of kids to die make sure cops are the only ones who have guns. this wasnt in the news because a psycho killed a cop to get the cop's guns. gun control only ensures that innocent people become victims.

get rid of gfz's let ccw people carry everywhere

Tackleberry1 12-18-2012 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 1055810)
security guards are worthless. they dont arm security guards in schools.

the only thing that stops this sht is armed citizens with guns. if you want lots of kids to die make sure cops are the only ones who have guns. this wasnt in the news because a psycho killed a cop to get the cop's guns. gun control only ensures that innocent people become victims.

get rid of gfz's let ccw people carry everywhere

Bingo...anyone who does not think teachers can be trusted with gun should think about the fact that you already leave your little crumb snatching snot factories in there charge for several hours a day.

As Jon stated, eliminate GFZ's and allow CCW everywhere!

Tack