Taxing bullets criminal?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Taxing bullets criminal?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Default Taxing bullets criminal?

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-10-13/news/ct-oped-1014-chapman-20121013_1_gun-owners-gun-control-destructive-bullets

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-14-2012, 11:29 AM   #2
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6400 Times on 3202 Posts
Likes Given: 6894

Taxing Bullets is Guncontrol plain and simple; make them so expensive, nobody will buy them but the Government and the Crooks and while they may look the same in the end, Crooks are easy to Identify, they are everyone with a gun accept card carrying Govt Officials.

How long will we wait and how far will they get before we realize that Gun Ownership has become A sin taxable crime? Were one law short of becoming a Vice Squad Assignment allong with Drugs, Prostitution -- Firearms Owners; the scourge of society!

They tax it, limit quantity and availability an then we the law abiding citizens will comply. At the same time, the crooks start a new business, untaxed uncontrolled and UN-monitered sales of Guns and Ammo (Black Market Principles, 101 level course)!

Pot was $30.00 an Ounce in the early 70's, reports on TV put it at about $400 and Ounce today. Nobody killed anybody for a $30 bag of herbs but something that has the value of an entire months rent in a cheap apartment might just get you killed if you stumble into it. Before anyone chimes in, Im not an advocate, just a realist.

A brand new single shot Ithaca 12 gau, a Box of Shotgun Shells and a Hunting License used to cost me about $80.00 when I was a kid, That was about a weeks worth of work on a local farm so a kid like me could afford to love hunting and shooting. What is the cost of the same thing today?

Now the record sales of legal arms and bullets in the last couple years should be alarming for those in charge. Good People are stocking up because they have a real fear that certain items wont be available or affordable in their coming months and years. Was that the Goobermints intention? If it was, its petty shortsighted! Sooner or later, old coots like me will be dropping dead and inside the closets and bunkers of our places will be a goldmine of untraceable, unregistered and grandfathered items that will fill to overfull a Black Market of Boom-Sticks that should never have happened.

If we didnt fear the loss of availability of these legal items, we wouldn't be stockpiling them, just sayin...

Last edited by WebleyFosbery38; 10-14-2012 at 11:48 AM.
gripper Likes This 
Old 10-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #3
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2180 Times on 1187 Posts
Likes Given: 643

I dont smoke, but I opposed the cigarette tax because it set a precedent. It would be easy to put the same type of tax on ammunition using the same lame excuses.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am not older than dirt but the rocks were bigger and there were more of them when I was a kid.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-15-2012, 06:09 AM   #4
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8583 Times on 4957 Posts
Likes Given: 11147

I read somewhere that the average criminal who uses a gun in crime fires fewer than 50 rounds in their criminal career. 50 friggin' rounds. That is a statistic that the politicians don't want to know and are willing to ignore if they do know it.

Old 10-15-2012, 06:17 AM   #5
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21919 Times on 12384 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

putting such a tax on ammo is just another way to gun control. tax ammo high enough and only the wealthy and privelaged can afford it and what use is a firearm that has no ammo? not much except as a club. and they can always fall back to the remarks, well see we didn't ban firearms! another problem i see is that if they put such a tax on ammo, i am sure they will find a way to tax reloading components as well. yeah, i am really sure many career criminals reload their ammo too.

Old 10-15-2012, 06:29 AM   #6

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

I think we should put a tax on these morons. The revenues would go up every year. And for the first time in history they would pay there own way. We are being taxed now by the Pittman Robertson Act which levels a Federal Tax on all firearms ammuntion reloading and hunting equiptment. This was applied to provide shooting ranges for American civilans. When is the last time you shot on a new range? Where has all this money gone?

Old 10-15-2012, 08:11 AM   #7
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Cook County Board president Toni Preckwinkle thinks levying a high tax is a good idea. Rahm Emanuel thinks this is a good idea. Chris Rock, an idiot, thought that if bullets cost $5000, "there'd be no more innocent bystanders" and Sen. Moynihan suggested a 10,000% tax on bullets.

Either all of these people are idiots who believe prohibition works, or they have another agenda: turning otherwise law-abiding people into criminals who purchase on the black market. To what end, hmmm?

Old 10-15-2012, 08:34 AM   #8

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

I ****ing hate some people

Old 10-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #9
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1365 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 3441

I really feel sorry for the folks that live Chicago.

It is becoming obvious that Organized Crime Elements still run Chicago with Rahm Emanuel as that "Don". That is the only way that he could have gotten into office.

How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Old 10-15-2012, 10:35 PM   #10

Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Not only is the violence tax unfair it hurts good causes. When you buy ammo there is already a tax to preserve wildlife habitat. If people stop buying ammo it's the animals that pay the price, not the criminals.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

USEBOTHHANDS Likes This