Target forms new policy - thanks to Texas Open Carry - Page 18
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Target forms new policy - thanks to Texas Open Carry

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2014, 01:15 AM   #171
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 516 Times on 241 Posts
Likes Given: 99

Default Too freaking funny !!!

And typical...

Quote:
lock step in this camp-Bloomberg/Moms Demand Action

If someone doesn't see it your way (and many here DO NOT) then they must be on the other side. Nothing could be further from the truth...but ignorance is bliss. What's it like in Nirvana ?

"All war must be just the killing of strangers against whom you feel no personal animosity; strangers whom, in other circumstances, you would help if you found them in trouble, and who would help you if you needed it" — Mark Twain

Old 07-10-2014, 01:21 AM   #172

Liked 419 Times on 236 Posts
Likes Given: 865

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant_one View Post
The article was not from the NY Times or the WSJ or even USA Today..it was from a gun advocacy site..so what did it prove? I will give it credit for this, it accurately describes how erratic behavior becomes fodder for anti-gun groups...

Sorry dude, you can rail on all you want about long guns at the Taco Bell, but I am with the poster who said "get your burrito's in Islamabad..."

Funny he said that. I shared this thread with my wife who has zero interest in guns but totally supports my hobby and love of handguns. Her comment ? "if they want to walk around stores carrying rifles, maybe they should spend some time in Iraq"....Gotta love her..and her straight up public opinion..which is the point a few are missing. If it offends her (totally neutral) and if it offends gun owners..then maybe you should concede - the message was not well received...
If your point is that because it's from a gun advocacy group then it doesn't mean anything, the same can be said for just about every article written against them. Afterall, they were written by the media, and almost all of the media is anti-gun.

It's been fun gentlemen, but I think this thread is going to be locked soon. Besides, I've only got 3 more days of freedom before I ship out, and I'm probably not going to be on here too often. Thanks for the ride

Does "Shall not be infringed" not mean anything to you?!

Old 07-10-2014, 01:41 AM   #173
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1018 Times on 540 Posts
Likes Given: 583

Pandering to and agreeing with gun control doesn't stand in a shade of Grey.

Read and understand the Constitution and the Bill of Rights like a child, it is that simple, not like a secular progressive lawyer dissecting it to quill your fears or to fulfill the agenda.

Old 07-10-2014, 01:43 AM   #174
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 871 Times on 526 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
the root of the problem, how does anyone differentiate from you (the hero carrying the open rifle), and the bad guy? (the guy openly carrying who is ABOUT to shoot everyone in sight). the answer: it is impossible to do so, so it can and does frighten people for no good reason.

and if i am walking around with a rifle in a store, it will be locked open and unloaded, because i am taking it for repair...making it pretty useless for defense (or offense).

if i carry for defense, the guy who comes in with the gun will never know i'm armed until i have fired on him.

EDIT: BUT, i'll say it again....we all know OC texas has NOTHING to do with SD...hard to believe anyone would even try to use this defense of their actions.
Direct answer, rifle can be used in self defense

In many states, there's a gray area between 18 yo and 21 yo, where one can not carry a pistol concealed, and in TX you can't OC a pistol.

Do you really want to have the OC deterrent vs CC surprise argument AGAIN?
Old 07-10-2014, 01:56 AM   #175
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin1995 View Post
I've only got 3 more days of freedom before I ship out, and I'm probably not going to be on here too often. Thanks for the ride
Where to and for who?

Old 07-10-2014, 02:13 AM   #176
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 516 Times on 241 Posts
Likes Given: 99

Default Just where did I agree to gun control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNGMSTR View Post
Pandering to and agreeing with gun control doesn't stand in a shade of Grey.

Read and understand the Constitution and the Bill of Rights like a child, it is that simple, not like a secular progressive lawyer dissecting it to quill your fears or to fulfill the agenda.
I don't pander to those groups and just because I have common sense, you question my knowledge ? I am 100% positive - no doubt in my mind I know more about constitutional law than you could ever hope to. But that is really a side issue because the disagreement here is what is common sense and what is extremism.

I have a right to drive a car (actually, technically, its a privilege, not a right), but common sense tells me I should not drive 60mph through a school crossing.

You do have the right (in States with OC) to carry a long gun into places where it is not expressly forbidden. That still doesn't make it a smart move and will at some point get some 2A yahoo shot because someone (a realist) thought they were a BG.

Your posts, you belligerent extremism in trying to make a sewer look like a swimming pool is defeatist and divisive. It is your actions and your words that fuel the anti's. You are giving them EXACTLY what they want. A poster child for gun toting extremists.

By the way, it's QUEL, not quill unless you are looking to write down your fears with an antiquated pen...but smart guy like you knew that right ?

"All war must be just the killing of strangers against whom you feel no personal animosity; strangers whom, in other circumstances, you would help if you found them in trouble, and who would help you if you needed it" — Mark Twain

locutus Likes This 
Old 07-10-2014, 02:31 AM   #177
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Keep grinding, the anti stance is gaining traction.

Bending to the will of anti 2A crowd will guarantee it's demise.

Old 07-10-2014, 02:39 AM   #178
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 133 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNGMSTR View Post
Pandering to and agreeing with gun control doesn't stand in a shade of grey.
Nobody here is doing any such thing. The point you seem to be missing is we're not swaying any anti 2A people our way and they aren't swaying any of us their way. As has already been said, it's the very large group of "I don't care's" who will be the deciding factor. Just a hunch, but a parade of idiots at Target probably didn't do much for the cause. These demonstrations aren't normalizing OC, they're normalizing the little no guns signs in windows.

When did rational thoughts and actions become pandering? I can walk into a coffee shop and use my AR barrel as a bagel holder while screaming "2A!" at anyone that looks at me, but the rational side of my brain says "hey, that's really stupid".
Old 07-10-2014, 02:58 AM   #179
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5681 Times on 2968 Posts
Likes Given: 376

closed

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This 
Closed Thread