Taking on the NRA and the Tea Party
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Taking on the NRA and the Tea Party

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2014, 11:37 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 754 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 351

Default Taking on the NRA and the Tea Party

LT Col. Robert Bateman has had enough of the NRA and the Tea Party.

He is coming home to take on the NRA, gun owners and the Tea Party in hopes to save America.

THAT'S IT. I AM COMING HOME.
The NRA has made mass killings normal in this country. I'm coming home from years of serving my country overseas to help stop it.

No. I am coming home. I need to be there and be part of the solution. Moms Demand Action is getting some traction, but they can use the lean-in of a few U.S. Army Airborne Infantry Rangers. I am only sorry that I did not stand up to this threat to our nation before. I am sorry. I was busy.

I have been overseas in Afghanistan and in NATO nations for half a decade while the insanity of the National Rifle Association expanded and exploded, and the NRA became, essentially, the tool of death in the United States. They made mass killings normal.

Well done, NRA. But this **** is too much.

Constant cop-killing, by people who echo the NRA talking points and the conspiracy theories of the Internet wackos.

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/i-am-coming-home

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-14-2014, 12:03 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1612 Times on 1104 Posts
Likes Given: 567

Who are these cop killers who echo NRA talking points? I only know of two skinheads who wanted to kill cops. If they happened to use a line promoted by the NRA so be it. They are not representatives of the NRA anymore than this guy is a representative of the Army Rangers.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

People Like This 
Old 06-14-2014, 12:45 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1977 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 944

Typical progressive/commissioned officer mentality, "Am better than you and I know what is best for you"! I saw it many times in my military and LE service!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

People Like This 
Old 06-14-2014, 01:25 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1969 Times on 1366 Posts
Likes Given: 1002

The colonel is poorly informed, and he has a short mental fuse. He lumps together the Tea Party and the NRA. He taunts us that only "wimps need guns." His imaginary opponents are "little boys" whom he dares to "come and get him".

The tony Esquire published the rant as "raw and authentic". That's what they do, kind of like teenage girls riding an ugly Jeep. I wouldn't worry too much about the letter. A couple of notes to self, however.

First, don't be like him. He is a mirror image of many right wing "revolutionaries" supposedly on our side. Just the opposite polarity. Be informed, compassionate, and level-headed. Can we do that?

Second and last. This will ruffle some feathers. Do not worship the uniform. Support and admire the military, but don't look up to every member of it just because. A distinguished officer may well be a sanctimonious, controlling prick, who would love to march you in lockstep. Judge each man on his merit, not membership.

People Like This 
Old 06-14-2014, 01:32 AM   #5

Liked 419 Times on 236 Posts
Likes Given: 865

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
The colonel is poorly informed, and he has a short mental fuse. He lumps together the Tea Party and the NRA. He taunts us that only "wimps need guns." His imaginary opponents are "little boys" whom he dares to "come and get him".

The tony Esquire published the rant as "raw and authentic". That's what they do, kind of like teenage girls riding an ugly Jeep. I wouldn't worry too much about the letter. A couple of notes to self, however.

First, don't be like him. He is a mirror image of many right wing "revolutionaries" supposedly on our side. Just the opposite polarity. Be informed, compassionate, and level-headed. Can we do that?

Second and last. This will ruffle some feathers. Do not worship the uniform. Support and admire the military, but don't look up to every member of it just because. A distinguished officer may well be a sanctimonious, controlling prick, who would love to march you in lockstep. Judge each man on his merit, not membership.
Hey now, there's no need to be so insulting. I personally really like teenage girls in jeeps!

Seriously though, who is this clown? And I agree with your last statement. I respect anyone that has served, even this guy, but I completely disagree with him and think he's a idiot.

Does "Shall not be infringed" not mean anything to you?!

People Like This 
Old 06-14-2014, 01:42 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 274 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin1995 View Post
...I respect anyone that has served, even this guy, but I completely disagree with him and think he's a idiot.
Ditto to that!

"To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last--but eat you he will."

Ronald Reagan

People Like This 
Old 06-14-2014, 01:50 AM   #7
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2890 Times on 1668 Posts
Likes Given: 1239

The first thing that any officer should know is to rely on the old Sarge who has been around.

He sounds like he doesn't realize that there are a lot of civilians who probably have been in worse situations than he has.

Again, he could be bucking to become a general and needs the blessing of this administration.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

People Like This 
Old 06-14-2014, 01:57 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1969 Times on 1366 Posts
Likes Given: 1002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin1995 View Post
Hey now, there's no need to be so insulting. I personally really like teenage girls in jeeps!
I used to subscribe to Esquire and GQ to get culture, many moons ago. I don't touch them now with a ten foot pole.

Old 06-14-2014, 02:00 AM   #9

Liked 419 Times on 236 Posts
Likes Given: 865

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
I used to subscribe to Esquire and GQ to get culture, many moons ago. I don't touch them now with a ten foot pole.
That's a smart move on your part, but no need to be insulting the ladies by comparing them to that BS Or more importantly, insulting jeeps!

Does "Shall not be infringed" not mean anything to you?!

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-14-2014, 03:00 AM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8881 Times on 3846 Posts
Likes Given: 1391

First, let's put this in perspective- there are presently 8,633 LTCs on Active Duty with the US Army. Not an especially exalted or scarce grade.

Secondly, he is not a combat vet. He has been a "strategist". See the folks that helped bring about the debacle taking place as we speak in Iraq.

Third, the bozo needs to go back to his Officer' Basic Course, where you are taught about things like Posse Commitatus- which limits involvement of the US military in civil affairs.

Finally, this legend in his own mind needs to return to the first grade, where you are taught to count. As in count the number of firearms owned by the US military, and the number owned by US civilians. A large portion of which are veterans. COMBAT veterans.

douchebag1.jpg

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Last edited by c3shooter; 06-14-2014 at 07:19 PM.
People Like This