Taking guns from Vets - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Taking guns from Vets

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #11
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1361 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 1015

The VA is not sending letters out to combat veterans who have been rated 100% permanently and totally disabled from PTSD that they cannot own or possess firearms. Period. The OP is pure internet bullsh*t. The VA does not have the authority to make or enforce the law or confiscate personal property.

If you have been adjudged mentally incompetent by the law it is illegal for you to possess firearms whether you are a veteran or not.

Get a grip.

People Like This 
Old 04-04-2013, 11:10 AM   #12

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

There are some issues with the VA and vets gun rights.

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/dec/3/change-on-veterans-gun-rights-lights-fire/?page=all

NEVER FORGET

Old 04-04-2013, 12:25 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post

Absolutely and thanks for posting a link with a bit more credibility.

Misinformation from internet rumor mills that package their BS as fact only spread panic and cloud the real issues. In the fight for gun freedom there is enough BS on both sides. Arm yourself with facts.
People Like This 
Old 04-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post

i'm a severely disabled veteran and Army retiree. i can tell you the link is bull$hit. The only time the VA gets involved is when a veteran is deemed unable to manage his own affairs. In these cases the veteran is declared incompetent and a fiduciary is appointed to manage his financial affairs. In the vast majority of cases the veteran or his family asks for the ruling.

The link is to a political rant.

THIS is fact.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #15

Liked 23 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 142

I'm curious, anyone have any info about this organization (redflagnews.com)? I'd just as soon not pass their links along if someone has proof/data that the site's news is not accurate:

http://redflagnews.com/headlines/critical-update-on-veterans-gun-rights-issue

I've got to admit, simply because one is a veteran who has not received a letter such as we've been discussing doesn't indicate that such letters are not going out. The VA is very private about individual cases (rightly so) and you wouldn't know about cases other than your own or people you've spoken with directly.

Just trying to find out some more info. I need time to plan my move to an undisclosed small island in the middle of nowhere if they come after me and my guns.

Joe

"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

Suggested gun control movement talking point: "We're OK with guns to keep our families safe, we just don't want you to have them." - Joe

Old 04-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5919 Times on 3348 Posts
Likes Given: 5458

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp_over View Post
I'm curious, anyone have any info about this organization (redflagnews.com)? I'd just as soon not pass their links along if someone has proof/data that the site's news is not accurate:

http://redflagnews.com/headlines/critical-update-on-veterans-gun-rights-issue

I've got to admit, simply because one is a veteran who has not received a letter such as we've been discussing doesn't indicate that such letters are not going out. The VA is very private about individual cases (rightly so) and you wouldn't know about cases other than your own or people you've spoken with directly.

Just trying to find out some more info. I need time to plan my move to an undisclosed small island in the middle of nowhere if they come after me and my guns.

When you read the name of a webpage and something like "red flag" or "patriot" or "real truth" or "free anything" inflammatory comes up, that should make you very wary.

Winston Churchill
jp_over Likes This 
Old 04-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2178 Times on 1187 Posts
Likes Given: 3323

If this stuff were true the Disabled Veterans, The American Legion, The Veterans of Foreign Wars and The Vietnam Veterans of America would be raising holy hell. The fact that the veterans organizations are not raising holy hell should throw up a red flag.

Yep, the VA continues to have many issues. This is not one of them.

Its very strange that Codrea is peddling this phoney stuff while our Second Amendment rights are under attack in numerous states. This year CO, CT and NY have passed draconian gun control. Other states are poised to enact strict gun control while Codrea fiddles around.

Old 04-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2831 Times on 1480 Posts
Likes Given: 251

Let's stick to verifiable information. The fear mongering must stop. The Alex Jones Kool-aid is hazardous to your mental health.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Closed Thread