Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Take heart, all is not lost (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/take-heart-all-not-lost-84036/)

CrazedJava 02-12-2013 01:51 PM

Take heart, all is not lost

Check out the approval rating on gun policy

So I have been getting pretty discouraged lately by the media assault, but despite all the negative press for guns and the NRA, the public is not overwhelmingly supporting Obama's approach.

I suspect as Sandy Hook fades and the political capital from it is expended, the public will support Obama's policies less and less. Not that he's let public opinion sway him in the past, I'm more concerned about the Senators and Congressfolk that have to worry about reelection.

So don't give up just yet. We're winning even if we can't see it.

Don't stop, keep the pressure on 'em.

Warrior1256 02-12-2013 11:37 PM

I have been encouraged for a few weeks now as things seem to be turning our way. But, as you say, now is not the time to set back and breath a sigh of relief. We need to really bear down now and pour it on. Continue calling your representitives and donating to the pro-gun group of your choice. Continue networking with friend and relatives and have them do the same.

bamashooter68 02-13-2013 05:08 AM

According to the link, liberals think Soterro can do no wrong. How is that for blind leading the blind.

7point62 02-13-2013 11:09 AM

Gallup is one they all pay attention to. Hope we see that gap widening. Thanks for the link.

bobski 02-13-2013 11:42 AM

all it takes is another sandy hook situation and it will flair again. we need to use the approach 'kill it or cure it.'

AIKIJUTSU 02-13-2013 06:46 PM

The mainstream media has been exposed. In spite of the fact that there are millions and millions of new gun owners and CWP holders, the MSM is still trying to fool us into thinking everyone is for gun control/confiscation. The MSM's priests like David Gregory and Piers Morgan are beating a dead horse. And any politician who votes for disarming America is sacrificing his/her career.

CrazedJava 02-13-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU (Post 1136009)
...any politician who votes for disarming America is sacrificing his/her career.

Unfortunately, they need to be reminded often in case they start to believe the public actually wants to be disarmed.

I like how one person put it. The most accurate poll on gun ownership is current gun sales data.

John_Deer 02-13-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazedJava (Post 1136011)
Unfortunately, they need to be reminded often in case they start to believe the public actually wants to be disarmed.

I like how one person put it. The most accurate poll on gun ownership is current gun sales data.

Hoplophobia, n. Irrational, morbid fear of guns (c. 1966, coined by Col. Jeff Cooper, from the Greek hoplites, weapon; see his book Principles of Personal Defense). May cause sweating, faintness, discomfort, rapid pulse, nausea, sleeplessness, nondescript fears, more, at mere thought of guns. Presence of working firearms may cause panic attack. Hoplophobe, hoplophobic.

Hoplophobes are common and should never be involved in setting gun policies. Point out hoplophobic behavior when noticed, it is dangerous, sufferers deserve pity, and should seek treatment. When confronted about their condition, hoplophobes typically go into denial, a common characteristic of the affliction. Sometimes helped by training, or by coaching at a range, a process known to psychiatry as "desensitization," a useful methodology in treating many phobias.

Hoplophobic behavior is often obvious from self-evident irrational responses to real-life situations, and is frequently seen in the news media and public debate. When a criminal commits a crime using a gun, hoplophobes often seek to disarm, or make lists of, innocent people who didn't do anything, a common, classic and irrational response.

danz60 02-14-2013 07:38 AM

http://www.ammoland.com/2012/04/bank-of-america-refusing-businesses-that-support-the-2nd-amendment/#

We need to stand as one hear everyone & start showing businesses that their discrimination will have consequences. PLEASE SPEAD the WORD & let BoA know why you are taking your business elsewhere.

locnload 02-14-2013 02:25 PM

What I am encouraged by is that because of the extreme nature of some of these anti-gun proposals, manufacturers of guns and accesories are seriously coming out and puting their butts on the line. Unlike years ago when Bill Ruger was drinking the ten round mag Koolaid and S&W was making a deal with the Devil for a chance of more Government business. Magpul has stated that they may move out of Colorado if the Legislature makes much of what they produce illeagal for civilians because of the potential legal mine fields. Larue Tactical will only sell to Law Enforcement, those things that are legal for civilians in their states. I've heard that Olympic Arms has made a similar statement. The Colorado Sherriffs Association has issued a statement that they will not enforce Unconstitutional laws against legal gun owners. Many others accross the country have voiced opinions to that effect.
The left has gone off the trolley a bit on this push and if we play it right, it may bite them in the behind before its over.
Worst case if they are able to push their full "wet dream" package through and hand it of to the enforcement arm of the Government, hide and watch. Its going to get ugly when the long time gun owners along with the thousands of people that have been depleting the gun store shelves since December will come face to face with the liberals "common sense gun laws" and will want to have a talk with those that sold it to em. :eek: