Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Supreme Court to decide on CC legality?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 12:46 AM   #71
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1598 Times on 949 Posts
Likes Given: 787

None of the amendments in the Bill of Rights 'trump' any of the others, they stand alone. The 10th states the States have the authority to deal with matters no delegated by the Constitution to the feds. The 2nd Amendment delegates the RTKABA'S to the Feds, the same as the enforcement of ALL of the INDIVIDUAL CIVIL RIGHTS spelled out in the Bill of Rights. This is the problem!!! The Feds are all over seeing that ALL of the others individual rights are not violated by the state and local governments, but not the RTKABA'S!!! This the point I have been making through out these threads, and this is why I say my oath, and the oath of every one who has taken it would preclude us passing, enforcing, prosecuting, and adjudicating any citizen for simply owning or carrying a gun!!!
The courts are part of the 'government' our founders warned us about and the reason for the RTKABA'S. The courts are last step in taking our freedoms, and they have done a very good job of 'infringing' on the RTKABA'S so far. But there are those who seem to think we are required to blindly follow the 'courts' even when they do not follow the law because they are the 'final' step taken by the government. I disagree!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

AIKIJUTSU Likes This 
Old 03-05-2013, 01:37 AM   #72

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
None of the amendments in the Bill of Rights 'trump' any of the others, they stand alone. The 10th states the States have the authority to deal with matters no delegated by the Constitution to the feds. The 2nd Amendment delegates the RTKABA'S to the Feds, the same as the enforcement of ALL of the INDIVIDUAL CIVIL RIGHTS spelled out in the Bill of Rights. This is the problem!!! The Feds are all over seeing that ALL of the others individual rights are not violated by the state and local governments, but not the RTKABA'S!!! This the point I have been making through out these threads, and this is why I say my oath, and the oath of every one who has taken it would preclude us passing, enforcing, prosecuting, and adjudicating any citizen for simply owning or carrying a gun!!!
The courts are part of the 'government' our founders warned us about and the reason for the RTKABA'S. The courts are last step in taking our freedoms, and they have done a very good job of 'infringing' on the RTKABA'S so far. But there are those who seem to think we are required to blindly follow the 'courts' even when they do not follow the law because they are the 'final' step taken by the government. I disagree!!!
I just made a post about the foulable nature of the SCOTUS a few days ago...we really are a lot alike in a number of ways

Your post is right in theory, but in practice, on such a hot button topic, the courts will take the easy out and that is to say Colorados state law stands. Im not agreeing with it, simply stating what I forsee. Can you imagine the can of worms a ruling like what your sugguesting would open? It would be wonderful, but the SCOTUS isnt into the buisness of overturning vast amounts of case law OR cans of worms.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 03-05-2013, 01:45 PM   #73
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5142 Times on 2932 Posts
Likes Given: 4356

Jim,

Since you and you alone have been chosen by God to interpret the constitution, why don't you go to Washington and be adviser to the SCOTUS??

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #74
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Jim,

Since you and you alone have been chosen by God to interpret the constitution, why don't you go to Washington and be adviser to the SCOTUS??
Why don't you stop 'drinking the kool-ade' and realize we ALL have the ability and responsibility to interpret the Bill of Rights. They were written in simple English so we ALL could understand them, but the progressives/government have 'spun' them to fit their agenda. If you do not have the ability or responsibility to interpret them , as you believe, then the government, through the courts, is your GOD.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!

BigByrd47119 Likes This 
Old 03-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #75
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1147 Times on 673 Posts
Likes Given: 1697

My guess is that if/when the SCOTUS or other federal entity makes a law or a ruling that infringes too much on our rights, the people, and many of the state governments will simply ignore them. What are the feds going to do, imprison 80 million people? They could never enforce an extreme ban. That's why they are trying to sneak the restrictions in a little at a time.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #76
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
My guess is that if/when the SCOTUS or other federal entity makes a law or a ruling that infringes too much on our rights, the people, and many of the state governments will simply ignore them. What are the feds going to do, imprison 80 million people? They could never enforce an extreme ban. That's why they are trying to sneak the restrictions in a little at a time.
I guess my question to you is 'how much (infringement) is TOO MUCH'?????
For me it has reached that point. And I guess many want to put their fear of losing their 'security' ahead of losing their 'liberty'!!! I can understand that, I use to be that way!
I have decided to live my commitment! They will not have to imprison 80 million, just those like me, who stand our ground and are demonized as 'enemies of the state' because many of you don't have the courage to support people like me!

Last edited by JimRau; 03-05-2013 at 02:31 PM.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #77
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1147 Times on 673 Posts
Likes Given: 1697

Quote:
I guess my question to you is 'how much (infringement) is TOO MUCH'?????
For me it has reached that point. And I guess many want to put their fear of losing their 'security' ahead of losing their 'liberty'!!! I can understand that, I use to be that way!
I have decided to live my commitment! They will not have to imprison 80 million, just those like me, who stand our ground and are demonized as 'enemies of the state' because the rest of you don't have the courage to support people like me!
Don't include me in that "rest of you".

Old 03-05-2013, 02:34 PM   #78
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
I just made a post about the foulable nature of the SCOTUS a few days ago...we really are a lot alike in a number of ways

Your post is right in theory, but in practice, on such a hot button topic, the courts will take the easy out and that is to say Colorados state law stands. Im not agreeing with it, simply stating what I forsee. Can you imagine the can of worms a ruling like what your sugguesting would open? It would be wonderful, but the SCOTUS isnt into the buisness of overturning vast amounts of case law OR cans of worms.
So what you are saying is they will probably violate the Constitution/our RIGHTS once AGAIN !

Last edited by JimRau; 03-05-2013 at 02:37 PM.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:36 PM   #79
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
Don't include me in that "rest of you".
I changed it 'many' just for that reason!
You are just faster than I am!

Old 03-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #80
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5142 Times on 2932 Posts
Likes Given: 4356

Quote:
Why don't you stop 'drinking the kool-ade' and realize we ALL have the ability and responsibility to interpret the Bill of Rights. They were written in simple English so we ALL could understand them, but the progressives/government have 'spun' them to fit their agenda. If you do not have the ability or responsibility to interpret them , as you believe, then the government, through the courts, is your GOD.

Jim, you are the one drinking the conspiracy kool aid.

Sometime when you have some idle time you really should actually read the Constitution. It VERY CLEARLY appoints the SCOTUS as the FINAL AUTHORITY. If you can't handle that, you should try to get the Constitution amended.

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.