Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Supreme Court to decide on CC legality?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 01:56 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4787 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The courts are the pressure release valve for our political system. We only need to look at other failed political systems around the world. Like it or not when impasses in the system occurs we do not have armed rebellions every year.
The decision to allow the citizens of Illinois to have the same freedom as other states for CCW was a court decision. The leaders of Illinois who are fighting this decision were elected by the people of that state. Do you really want your constitutionally elected leaders to prevail or the courts.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5072 Times on 2884 Posts
Likes Given: 4237

[QUOTE=JimRau;1157734 "It's not my job to interrupt the law, it is my job to enforce the law"![/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, my friend, but to me, if you support the Constitution, you support the ENTIRE constitution, you don't pick and choose the parts you agree with.

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:10 PM   #53
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2131 Times on 1064 Posts
Likes Given: 1089

Ladies and Gentlemen!

We are in an all out attack on our Second Amendment Rights! And we all better be contacting our Senators and Congressman! And standing up anyway we can!
Not to be rude, but just talking amongst ourselves is not going to get the job done. Do not take what is going on lightly! And we have almost four more years or more of this administration left to endure! Maybe more? I would not be surprised to see them attempt to manipulate the system to stay in power!
Crazy! Don't believe that! Just Wait!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 02-28-2013, 11:29 PM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1563 Times on 932 Posts
Likes Given: 778

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
I'm sorry, my friend, but to me, if you support the Constitution, you support the ENTIRE constitution, you don't pick and choose the parts you agree with.
You nailed it!!! Everything or nothing. That is the exact point I have been making. Does that mean you will stop arresting people for simply exercising their rights by simply carrying a gun?????
I guess you finally realized you are a citizen first and LEO second!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 03-01-2013, 01:25 AM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 187 Times on 121 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357

That's how it's supposed to work. Sadly, the Supremes more often make law rather than interpret it. It's the same for lower courts.
How exactly do you reach that decision?

Old 03-01-2013, 03:13 AM   #56
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5072 Times on 2884 Posts
Likes Given: 4237

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
You nailed it!!! Everything or nothing. That is the exact point I have been making. Does that mean you will stop arresting people for simply exercising their rights by simply carrying a gun?????
I guess you finally realized you are a citizen first and LEO second!
I've been retired for 15 years. But if I was still active, I would enforce the law, as I swore to do.

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:36 AM   #57
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
I've been retired for 15 years. But if I was still active, I would enforce the law, as I swore to do.
Well I can relate, I retired (the first time) 15 years ago myself!!!
I went back into full time LE about 2 years ago, (local SO) and retired a second time about 8 months ago, but I just got elected as a Constable here. I do work with all the local LE agency's through the FOP now. We (the FOP Lodge) are in the process of building a Law Enforcement Firearms Training Center about 2 miles from my house so I stay quit busy!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!

Old 03-01-2013, 10:42 PM   #58
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 727 Times on 443 Posts
Likes Given: 155

Supreme Court Justice Eric Holder

Old 03-02-2013, 04:19 AM   #59
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
Supreme Court Justice Eric Holder
I rest my case!!!

Old 03-02-2013, 09:05 PM   #60

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
I am not your 'dude' and I have no idea what 'court case' you are talking about!
I have been involved with the legal system for about 40 years now and the statements I am making are a result of those experiences.
Well DUDE, I am the OP of this thread and I started it to point out a particular case which is going to go in front of the Supreme Court, the fact that you obviously haven't even read the original post makes your ranting even more confusing? We all agree we don't need any more laws infringing on 2A, and as I have been trying to point out the case in which this thread is meant to discuss shouldn't have the weight to infringe on anyones rights, obviously there are other major issues within this gov't that many have issues with, this thread had nothing to do with any of that, so forgive me if it's kinda hard to follow your point. It is much easier to follow people if they make their rants in threads to which they apply.

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

locutus Likes This