Supreme Court to decide on CC legality? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Supreme Court to decide on CC legality?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 09:59 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

I think this happened in February of 2011.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:51 AM   #42

Liked 217 Times on 137 Posts
Likes Given: 450

Nice hijack

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwk4667 View Post
Anti-Gun Senator Shoots Intruder Can you believe this?

State Senator R.C. Soles (D - NC)

Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outside Tabor City, N.C. about 5 p.m. Sunday, the prosecutor for the politician's home county said.
The intruder, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen and Brunswick counties.

The State Bureau of Investigation and Columbus County Sheriff's Department are investigating the shooting, Gore said. Soles, who was not arrested, declined to discuss the incident Sunday evening.

"I am not in a position to talk to you," Soles said by telephone. "I'm right in the middle of an investigation."
The Senator, who has made a career of being against gun ownership for the general public, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger and he was the victim.
In typical hypocritical liberal fashion, the "Do as I say and not as I do" Anti-Gun Activist Lawmaker picked up his gun and took action in what apparently was a self-defense shooting.
Why hypocritical you may ask? It is because his long legislative record shows that the actions that he took to protect his family, his own response to a dangerous life threatening situation, are actions that he feels ordinary citizens should not have if they were faced with an identical situation.
It has prompted some to ask if the Senator believes his life and personal safety is more valuable than yours or mine.
But, this is to be expected from those who believe they can run our lives, raise our kids, and protect our families better than we can.
Please send this to your friends, senators and congressmen!
We do not need double standards in this country!

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

Old 02-28-2013, 01:25 AM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2072 Times on 1225 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
So, if each of us can individually rule on what's constitutional, and what isn't, what if we disagree on a particular issue??

Why do you think the founders provided for the courts in the constitution??
The courts are a branch of the government which is made up of humans who, like the two last justices appoint, do not always do the right thing for the right reasons. If the courts are being fair and doing the right think I will back them up, BUT when they are violating the civil rights of the citizens I will not.
When I studied constitutional law, reference LE, we studied arrest, custody, interrogation, search and seizure, rules of evidence and similar subjects. The 2nd Amendment was never discussed in any form!!!
The courts in general are more sympathetic to the 'rights if the accused' in all areas EXCEPT the RTKABA'S! I see this Right as the Right which protects ALL of the other rights and provisions of the Constitution!
We have allowed the courts/government to violate the RTKABA's for decades and now they are at it again. Well I for one have had enough, I refuse to slid any further down this slippery slope even if the 'courts' say I should!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 02-28-2013, 02:09 AM   #44

Honestly dude, I cannot see your reasoning, how is this particular court case going to infringe on anyones right to do anything? I don't see how it is possible for this court case to revoke anyones 2A rights? I am all for not giving in to the antis on any level but you seem to be getting all bent out of shape over this particular deal. The decision will either be, cc is guaranteed buy the 2A and all states must allow it, or it will be cc is not protected by the 2A and states can deal with cc as they see fit which is how it is now, what's the big deal?

Old 02-28-2013, 02:55 AM   #45

Liked 43 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg

I did not anywhere in this thread say I interpret 2A as being only in the home.
Wasn't criticizing you just pointing the government's stupidity. I'm from a state that won't issue cc permits which puts me in the position of only being able to protect myself when in my home So my right to bear arms is taken away when outside the home.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:13 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sig View Post
Wasn't criticizing you just pointing the government's stupidity. I'm from a state that won't issue cc permits which puts me in the position of only being able to protect myself when in my home So my right to bear arms is taken away when outside the home.
Ah yes, the great state of Illinois.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:35 AM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6561 Times on 3657 Posts
Likes Given: 6204

[QUOTE=JimRau;1157137
When I studied constitutional law, reference LE, we studied arrest, custody, interrogation, search and seizure, rules of evidence and similar subjects. The 2nd Amendment was never discussed in any form!!!
[/QUOTE]

Jim, I think you've probably figured out that I'm kind of playing "advocatatus diabili"

But the points are valid. The academy did teach the division of powers of different levels of government.

If we all made our own decisions on what the Constitution says or doesn't say, no matter how clear cut it may be in our own mind, if there was no central, FINAL authority that we are all bound by, we would have anarchy.

It seems to me, that if we believe in the Constitution, AS WRITTEN, we are bound by the SCOTUS as the final and absolute authority of interpretation. No matter how wrong their decisions appear to be.

For my value system, unless and until it becomes time to actually take up arms and take the field, my oath to uphold and defend the Constitution is also an oath to uphold the rulings of the SCOTUS, no matter how egregious.

I see no other option that doesn't violate my oath.

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz
V
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Winston Churchill

nitestalker Likes This 
Old 02-28-2013, 05:37 AM   #48

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg

Ah yes, the great state of Illinois.
Hopefully not for too much longer. How many days does IL have left to to enact a law?

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 02-28-2013, 02:18 PM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
Honestly dude, I cannot see your reasoning, how is this particular court case going to infringe on anyones right to do anything? I don't see how it is possible for this court case to revoke anyones 2A rights? I am all for not giving in to the antis on any level but you seem to be getting all bent out of shape over this particular deal. The decision will either be, cc is guaranteed buy the 2A and all states must allow it, or it will be cc is not protected by the 2A and states can deal with cc as they see fit which is how it is now, what's the big deal?
I am not your 'dude' and I have no idea what 'court case' you are talking about!
I have been involved with the legal system for about 40 years now and the statements I am making are a result of those experiences.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!

Old 02-28-2013, 02:32 PM   #50
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Jim, I think you've probably figured out that I'm kind of playing "advocatatus diabili"

But the points are valid. The academy did teach the division of powers of different levels of government.

If we all made our own decisions on what the Constitution says or doesn't say, no matter how clear cut it may be in our own mind, if there was no central, FINAL authority that we are all bound by, we would have anarchy.

It seems to me, that if we believe in the Constitution, AS WRITTEN, we are bound by the SCOTUS as the final and absolute authority of interpretation. No matter how wrong their decisions appear to be.

For my value system, unless and until it becomes time to actually take up arms and take the field, my oath to uphold and defend the Constitution is also an oath to uphold the rulings of the SCOTUS, no matter how egregious.

I see no other option that doesn't violate my oath.
Then you sir have been indoctrinated! The Rights spelled out in the Bill of Rights (Constitution) trump ANY statue on the books. If the courts apply the Constitution as it is written that is good. But the FINAL authority is not the government (courts) the final authority is the people!
You and I took an oath to protect and preserve the Constitution (the rights spelled out in it to the 'people') and that is the MOST important think we are task to do. If you choose to be a 'follower' of the 'government authority' you are violating the oath when you enforce ANY law which is an obvious violation of the individual civil rights spelled out in the Bill of Rights. The 2nd Amendment is not rocket science. As I said, 95 to 99% of the 'statutes' on the books are in direct violation of the RTKABA's (this is painfully obvious to all who keep an open mind and use common sense). If you can't see that I feel sorry for you and all others who use the excuse "It's not my job to interrupt the law, it is my job to enforce the law"!