Supreme Court to decide on CC legality? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Supreme Court to decide on CC legality?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 04:26 AM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5707 Times on 3227 Posts
Likes Given: 5133

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
What are you talking about!!! They, the Fed's, have allowed this to happen because the Fed's are as corrupt as the states and local officials.
ALL of the Bill of Rights apply to ALL people at ALL levels of government!
Why do you thing the 2nd Amendment is different from the rest????
Jim,calm down and read what I wrote. This case(s) is going for court review to ascertain if Colorado violated the 2A.

If we win, the Colorado law will be vacated. If we lose, the Colorado law will strand and nothing will change.

We're not losing anything in this case.

You're a lawman. Have a little faith in the law.

Winston Churchill
Jpyle Likes This 
Old 02-27-2013, 04:41 AM   #32

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The Constitution set forth the powers given to the Federal government by the 13 colonies. The original Bill Of Rights dictates those powers held by the people in the 13 colonies. The leaders of the various colonies refused to sign off on a constitution that did not offer them certain god created rights.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:01 AM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2036 Times on 1064 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13
If this is true we are in serious trouble.
Agreed. Gun grabbers are not going to give up, just like we won't. Unfortunately there will be more idiots shooting up folks in public places and every time that happens this gets revisited.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:18 PM   #34

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

This case has nothing to do with the mass shootings or gun grabbers. It isn't about the leaglity of existing cc laws it is about whether or not cc is covered in 2A, if they decide it is not then things will remain as they are, it will be the States job to regulate.

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

locutus Likes This 
Old 02-27-2013, 02:47 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1965 Times on 1161 Posts
Likes Given: 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Jim,calm down and read what I wrote. This case(s) is going for court review to ascertain if Colorado violated the 2A.

If we win, the Colorado law will be vacated. If we lose, the Colorado law will strand and nothing will change.

We're not losing anything in this case.

You're a lawman. Have a little faith in the law.
I can't have faith in the 'law' when I know that 95 to 99% of ALL the laws pertaining to 'arms' at ALL levels of government are unconstitutional and the 'government' continues to propose, enact, and enforce them with no regard for our individual civil rights. And we have allowed this to happen by 'trusting in the law'! It is time to stop going to the back of the bus!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

CA357 Likes This 
Old 02-27-2013, 03:44 PM   #36
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4705 Times on 1600 Posts
Likes Given: 1442

Default Supreme Court on CC

Here's a working link to that Fox news report.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VBFb7Wh89zQ

NSDQ

Old 02-27-2013, 04:57 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
I can't have faith in the 'law' when I know that 95 to 99% of ALL the laws pertaining to 'arms' at ALL levels of government are unconstitutional and the 'government'continues to propose, enact, and enforce them with no regard for our individual civil rights. And we have allowed this to happen by 'trusting in the law'! It is time to stop going to the back of the bus!!!
My friend, they taught you in the academy that a law is unconstitutional

WHEN THE SCOTUS SAYS IT IS.

The constitution does not give me or you the authority to make that determination.

So, it you truly believe in the constitution, you must accept the rule of law.

Making those decisions yourself is unconstitutional.

Winston Churchill

Old 02-27-2013, 07:25 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1965 Times on 1161 Posts
Likes Given: 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
My friend, they taught you in the academy that a law is unconstitutional

WHEN THE SCOTUS SAYS IT IS.

The constitution does not give me or you the authority to make that determination.

So, it you truly believe in the constitution, you must accept the rule of law.

Making those decisions yourself is unconstitutional.
No they did not teach me that in ANY academy I went to! What you are saying is what they are using to indoctrinate those who are in the academy's and the military TODAY!!! (And many use this as a excuse for violating others civil rights)
I was taught to use common senses and discretionary judgment when 'applying' the law to any given situation. Also the 'spirit' of the law trumped the 'letter' of the law. I, and every citizen and LEO, have the ability and responsibility to 'protect and preserve' the Constitution, not the way the 'government' tells us to, but according to our common sense and our morals tell us to. Our (LEO's and citizens) loyalty should be to each other, NOT the government!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Last edited by JimRau; 02-27-2013 at 07:28 PM.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:56 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
No they did not teach me that in ANY academy I went to! What you are saying is what they are using to indoctrinate those who are in the academy's and the military TODAY!!! (And many use this as a excuse for violating others civil rights)
I was taught to use common senses and discretionary judgment when 'applying' the law to any given situation. Also the 'spirit' of the law trumped the 'letter' of the law. I, and every citizen and LEO, have the ability and responsibility to 'protect and preserve' the Constitution, not the way the 'government' tells us to, but according to our common sense and our morals tell us to. Our (LEO's and citizens) loyalty should be to each other, NOT the government!!!
So, if each of us can individually rule on what's constitutional, and what isn't, what if we disagree on a particular issue??

Why do you think the founders provided for the courts in the constitution??

Winston Churchill

Old 02-27-2013, 08:17 PM   #40

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Anti-Gun Senator Shoots Intruder Can you believe this?

State Senator R.C. Soles (D - NC)

Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outside Tabor City, N.C. about 5 p.m. Sunday, the prosecutor for the politician's home county said.
The intruder, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen and Brunswick counties.

The State Bureau of Investigation and Columbus County Sheriff's Department are investigating the shooting, Gore said. Soles, who was not arrested, declined to discuss the incident Sunday evening.

"I am not in a position to talk to you," Soles said by telephone. "I'm right in the middle of an investigation."
The Senator, who has made a career of being against gun ownership for the general public, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger and he was the victim.
In typical hypocritical liberal fashion, the "Do as I say and not as I do" Anti-Gun Activist Lawmaker picked up his gun and took action in what apparently was a self-defense shooting.
Why hypocritical you may ask? It is because his long legislative record shows that the actions that he took to protect his family, his own response to a dangerous life threatening situation, are actions that he feels ordinary citizens should not have if they were faced with an identical situation.
It has prompted some to ask if the Senator believes his life and personal safety is more valuable than yours or mine.
But, this is to be expected from those who believe they can run our lives, raise our kids, and protect our families better than we can.
Please send this to your friends, senators and congressmen!
We do not need double standards in this country!