Supreme Court to decide on CC legality? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Supreme Court to decide on CC legality?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
I would have to disagree with you on this one. The 2nd says 'bear' which means 'carry'. How I elect to carry it is no business of the government!
NO COURT HAS A FINAL SAY! If so there would not have been a revolution!
The courts are part of the government and are subject to the same corruption as the rest of the government, which is obvious if you see there finding about the 2nd Amendment!
That would be true if 2A was interpreted properly as restricting the ability of the gov't to make laws which infringe on 2A but that was thrown out the window a long time ago. The Federal gov't all the way down to local municipalities have laws pertaining to guns, all of which "infringe" on 2A to some degree and those laws have been in place for years, society has long ago accepted that it is ok to have certain controls on guns, I doubt the court will overturn all those laws and go with what I believe to be the true meaning of 2A, they will let the states decide how to handle CC as they do now.
However I would love it if they decided that CC is granted in the Constitution and made instant nationwide reciprocity. That would be a big bowl of pi$$ed in Cheerios for the libtards.

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

Old 02-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #22

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The issue of concealed carry in the various states has historically been a states rights issue. These rights have been extended to the citizens or not depending on the elected state officials.
If the right to carry is judged to be under federal law it will no longer be a states rights issue. The Federal government would most likely control the interstate transporting of firearms under the Commerce clause. All rules regarding the type and use etc. would be directed by Federal officials.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:52 PM   #23

Liked 43 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg
I just saw on Fox News that the Supreme Court is going to decide whether we have the right to carry concealed weapons outside the home, apparently the Fed court in Colorado said the 2A doesn't grant this right, and Fed court in Illinois decided it does fall under 2A and in New York they say you have to prove reason to need a permit. So now the high court is going to decide on the issue. Hopefully the court agrees with the decision in Illinois that keep and "bear" arms references to carrying loaded weapons outside the home otherwise there will be a huge blow dealt to our freedoms.

I personally don't see how it's any business of the Federal Govt to stick their nose into the issue, the larger and more corrupt the Fed becomes the more the need for State's Rights grows.
If you interpret "the right to bear arms" to mean only in the home then you have to ask yourself why your life is only defensible when at home but not while walking around in an allegedly free country

Old 02-26-2013, 11:25 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sig View Post
If you interpret "the right to bear arms" to mean only in the home then you have to ask yourself why your life is only defensible when at home but not while walking around in an allegedly free country
I did not anywhere in this thread say I interpret 2A as being only in the home.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:27 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
The issue of concealed carry in the various states has historically been a states rights issue. These rights have been extended to the citizens or not depending on the elected state officials.
If the right to carry is judged to be under federal law it will no longer be a states rights issue. The Federal government would most likely control the interstate transporting of firearms under the Commerce clause. All rules regarding the type and use etc. would be directed by Federal officials.
This is exactly why I would rather it remain a State's Right's issue, at least then a corrupt Federal Gov't wouldn't be able to ban it altogether everytime there's a liberal president elected by the hoards of welfare recipients. There will always be conservative states where people can go if they get sick of dealing with the liberal encroachment on the coasts and big cities.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:37 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5699 Times on 3222 Posts
Likes Given: 5110

It will be a state issue as long as the states don't violate the 2A.

When they do, the federal courts will strike down whatever laws they pass. This is about protecting individual rights.

Winston Churchill

Old 02-27-2013, 12:38 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1964 Times on 1161 Posts
Likes Given: 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
That would be true if 2A was interpreted properly as restricting the ability of the gov't to make laws which infringe on 2A but that was thrown out the window a long time ago. The Federal gov't all the way down to local municipalities have laws pertaining to guns, all of which "infringe" on 2A to some degree and those laws have been in place for years, society has long ago accepted that it is ok to have certain controls on guns, I doubt the court will overturn all those laws and go with what I believe to be the true meaning of 2A, they will let the states decide how to handle CC as they do now.
However I would love it if they decided that CC is granted in the Constitution and made instant nationwide reciprocity. That would be a big bowl of pi$$ed in Cheerios for the libtards.
My point exactly, and WE allowed it to happen! It is just as wrong as the Jim Crow laws, but we have ALLOWED these illegal laws to stand because we have slid down the 'slippery slope' for about 150 years. Where do we 'stop' sliding? For me it is right now. I will not except any further violations of my rights and I will do anything I came to get the unconstitutional 'laws' changed. I would just hope that those who like to talk the talk will start walking the walk!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 02-27-2013, 12:42 AM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1964 Times on 1161 Posts
Likes Given: 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
It will be a state issue as long as the states don't violate the 2A.

When they do, the federal courts will strike down whatever laws they pass. This is about protecting individual rights.
What are you talking about!!! They, the Fed's, have allowed this to happen because the Fed's are as corrupt as the states and local officials.
ALL of the Bill of Rights apply to ALL people at ALL levels of government!
Why do you thing the 2nd Amendment is different from the rest????

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Last edited by JimRau; 02-27-2013 at 12:45 AM.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:45 AM   #29

I understand what you are saying, I don't support any further gun laws either, nor do I support many of the existing ones, but I don't think this case going in front of the SCOTUS is going to have a ruling which will turn over any CC laws, the guy is saying that 2A should prevent the state of Colorado from refusing a permit to out of state applicants, that is the issue at hand, the court isn't going to make a rule that will overturn CC in any state, I don't see how that can happen.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:02 AM   #30
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 949 Times on 622 Posts
Likes Given: 229

SHTF

To see how this will go, look to the recent NY gun laws.