Supreme Court to decide on CC legality? - Page 12
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Supreme Court to decide on CC legality?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 09:24 PM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 206 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 434

I like Rand Paul as well but what happens when if in fact he runs, the Republican Party and media ignore him completely and give the nomination to another "Romney" as they did in the last election with Ron Paul? Does that mean you vote for whomever the nominee becomes or do you not vote at all because your guy didn't get the nod? I heard of a lot of folks who did that last time and they now have the audacity to complain about the situation we are in.

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

locutus Likes This 
Old 03-08-2013, 09:25 PM   #112

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
From what I've seen I could support Rand enthusiastically.

My only worry is that he won't be able to put enough distance between himself and his nutty father to win a general election.

Hope I'm wrong
Its a valid concern when discussing mass appeal.

That said, "the sins of the father"...ya know? I mean, a good portion of libertarians dont favor him because he isnt his father, but thats exactly what gives him a better than fair chance at becoming POTUS. He isnt his father, and we should be OK with that. It would certainly open doors for libertarians moving forward.

All said, I dont think we have much to worry about based on the discussions being held the last two days over him, Cruze, et. al..

Im optimistic for the first time in a long time, and it feels good

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Last edited by BigByrd47119; 03-08-2013 at 09:49 PM.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:27 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
I like Rand Paul as well but what happens when if in fact he runs, the Republican Party and media ignore him completely and give the nomination to another "Romney" as they did in the last election with Ron Paul? Does that mean you vote for whomever the nominee becomes or do you not vote at all because your guy didn't get the nod? I heard of a lot of folks who did that last time and they now have the audacity to complain about the situation we are in.
If you didnt vote for Obama, then there is no audacity in complaints leveraged.

My .02 anyway...

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 03-08-2013, 09:27 PM   #114
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5938 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 5487

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
Its a valid concern when discussing mass appeal.

That said, "the sins of the father"...ya know? I mean, a good portion of libertarians dont favor him because he isnt his father, but thats exactly what gives him a better than fair chance at becoming POTUS. He isnt his father, and we should be OK with that. It would certainly open doors for libertarians moving forward.

All said, I dont think we have much to worry about based on the discussions being held the last two days over him, Cruze, et. al..

Im optomistic for the first time in a long time, and it feels good
I would be very optimistic with Rand, Cruz or Rubio leading the pack.

Winston Churchill
BigByrd47119 Likes This 
Old 03-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #115

Well my .02 is if you didn't vote against Obama and for whomever was the most likely to beat him simply because your favored candidate didn't get nominated then you may as well have voted for Obama and have no right to b1tch about political issues.

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

People Like This 
Old 03-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
Well my .02 is if you didn't vote against Obama and for whomever was the most likely to beat him simply because your favored candidate didn't get nominated then you may as well have voted for Obama and have no right to b1tch about political issues.
Well...this isnt really the place for the last two pages of this thread and THAT discussion certainly doesnt belong here, so I will thank the mods for not closing it and bow out with a simple disagreement

---Ron Paul

---Tom Braun

Old 03-10-2013, 03:49 PM   #117
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2014 Times on 1191 Posts
Likes Given: 971

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
I would be very optimistic with Rand, Cruz or Rubio leading the pack.
I agree, except Cruz was not born in the USA!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 03-10-2013, 07:18 PM   #118
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5938 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 5487

Bluecoondawg,

Your inbox is full.

Winston Churchill

Old 03-10-2013, 08:06 PM   #119