Supreme Court to decide on CC legality? - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Supreme Court to decide on CC legality?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 03:40 AM   #91
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 266 Times on 171 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU
Yep. The SCOTUS is, in effect, legislating via its selective judgement of the validity/invalidity, and its interpretation of the laws.
The founding fathers made a significant error when they appended the clause "A well-regulated militia..." to "the right of the people to bear arms shall not be infringed". If they'd just let the latter clause stand alone, we wouldn't be having all this conflict.
The phrase "A well regulated militia" wasn't appended on 2A. The 2A acknowledges that they states do have a need to maintain a "well regulated" militia. And, it establishes the right of the citizens to be equally well armed, in order that said well regulated militias be used to usurp power from the citizens.

You need to read some history. Everything in the BOR is there in response to something that had actually happened in the time between when the constitution was written, and the BOR was written. The BOR is a reactionary document.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. The great fallacy of our "democracy" is that all of those opinions, however poorly informed and thought out are equal.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:06 PM   #92
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1275 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Whatever the excuse for the piece about the militia, it now gives anti's a way to "justify" their attempts to disarm us.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #93

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

I was raised from a child with guns. My first was a German .32 Auto brought back from WWII and given to me by an Uncle. I have carried pistols since that time as a Marine MP, County Constable, City Policeman, and with a Texas CHL, and before the abovementioned, carried likely illegally.

I have never been convicted of a felony, shot or killed another human, and shall not unless allowed under the Texas Statutes regarding protecting my life and other's lives. I have, indeed spent one night in jail as a juvenile for throwing rotten eggs on Haloween, and would not eat an egg afterward for several years. But regardless of what the Supreme Court rules concerning Concealed Carry, I shall and will carry when I choose !

NRA Lifer Since 1968
Former USMC
Former Texas NG

JimRau Likes This 
Old 03-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #94

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Is the argument about an amendment or is it Section 1 - Each State to Honor all others

Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the Manner in which such Acts, Records and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect thereof.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:56 PM   #95
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2077 Times on 1228 Posts
Likes Given: 1019

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigs-n-fixture View Post
You have done a pretty good job of convincing me that they are far more qualified than you are. But then again you have done a pretty good job of convincing me that my ex-dry good little brother is more qualified.

Are you on pain meds? You are starting to remind me and the guys I work with, and my older brother who have been on prescription opiates for the last decade. Their ability to reason is also severely impaired.
No I am not on any meds, I just stopped drinking the 'kool-aid' many people are drinking along time ago too!!!
I just started looking to history and asking myself 'why' are these things happening to our country today. Because I have spent most of my live 'investigating' I learned you MUST keep an open mind when answering these questions. This is not rocket science, IF you apply history, and logic with an open mind it is plan as the nose on your face!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Last edited by JimRau; 03-06-2013 at 04:44 PM.
BigByrd47119 Likes This 
Old 03-06-2013, 04:05 PM   #96
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
Yep. The SCOTUS is, in effect, legislating via its selective judgement of the validity/invalidity, and its interpretation of the laws.
The founding fathers made a significant error when they appended the clause "A well-regulated militia..." to "the right of the people to bear arms shall not be infringed". If they'd just let the latter clause stand alone, we wouldn't be having all this conflict.
Not true. If you study history you will learn the use of the term 'militia' simply refers to the people in the country who are not 'agents of the government', in other words private citizens. The term 'regulated' was used in those times to mean equipped, trained, and organized.
Simply put the founder said WE, the private citizens, have the right to arm, train and organize as WE see see fit without the government 'infringing' on this right!
The progressives have twisted the 'militia' reference to make it sound as if they, the founders, were referring to 'military' which is exactly 180 degrees out.
The progressives us the term 'regulate' and to infer this gives them governmental authority to pass regulations which 'infringe' on our RIGHTS, again, 180 degrees out. You do not need a law degree or a 'black robe' to see this!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!

Last edited by JimRau; 03-06-2013 at 04:11 PM.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:23 PM   #97
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigs-n-fixture View Post
The phrase "A well regulated militia" wasn't appended on 2A. The 2A acknowledges that they states do have a need to maintain a "well regulated" militia. And, it establishes the right of the citizens to be equally well armed, in order that said well regulated militias be used to usurp power from the citizens.

You need to read some history. Everything in the BOR is there in response to something that had actually happened in the time between when the constitution was written, and the BOR was written. The BOR is a reactionary document.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. The great fallacy of our "democracy" is that all of those opinions, however poorly informed and thought out are equal.
IF you truly study history you will find this country was not formed as a 'democracy' but as a 'republic'. They are quite diffident. As stated by Ben Franklin when ask what the founders had given us he replied, "A republic, mam, if you can keep it"!
Enter the 18th Amendment, proposed and supported by the progressives, which did more to change this country from a Republic to a democracy than anything else in recent times. This is one of the 'checks and balances' put in place by the founder for a reason!

Last edited by JimRau; 03-06-2013 at 08:24 PM.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #98
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1275 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

I don't profess to be an expert on every subject.
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

All I meant to say was that if the entire text of the 2nd amendment had been:

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

without any qualifying info, there would have been no room for any challenge.
Period.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #99
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
I don't profess to be an expert on every subject.
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

All I meant to say was that if the entire text of the 2nd amendment had been:

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

without any qualifying info, there would have been no room for any challenge.
Period.
Works for me!!!!
But I believe the part about the militia was in there to insure we the people would have 'uninfringed' access to the same weapons, training, and organization the 'active' military had, and to differentiate between 'citizens (militia), and the government.
The founders were good, but not perfect!
But no matter how it was worded the progressives would find some to 'spin' it, that is what they do best!

Last edited by JimRau; 03-06-2013 at 08:27 PM.
BigByrd47119 Likes This 
Old 03-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #100

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
IF you truly study history you will find this country was not formed as a 'democracy' but as a 'republic'. They are quite diffident. As stated by Ben Franklin when ask what the founders had given us he replied, "A republic, mam, if you can keep it"!
Enter the 18th Amendment, proposed and supported by the progressives, which did more to change this country from a Republic to a democracy than anything else in recent times. This is one of the 'checks and balances' put in place by the founder for a reason!
Republic vs. Democracy
http://www.lexrex.com/enlightened/AmericanIdeal/aspects/demrep.html

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun