Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Support comes from unexpected places sometimes (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/support-comes-unexpected-places-sometimes-47961/)

Overkill0084 09-08-2011 03:25 PM

Support comes from unexpected places sometimes

Democratic Chicago Rep. La Shawn Ford Says He’d Support Concealed Carry Legislation | TheBlaze.com

Quote:

An Illinois politician representing a predominantly black section of Chicago has gone on record that he would support concealed carry legislation if it came up for a vote at the state’s General Assembly.

Rep. La Shawn Ford, an African-American, third-term Democrat representing a West Chicago district in the state legislature, would appear an unlikely gun rights advocate on paper...
I would have never expected this. Apparently not all dems are beyond hope, even in Chicago.

opaww 09-08-2011 03:45 PM

There are some pro-gun dems out there just as there are some anti-gun repub's

therewolf 09-09-2011 04:43 PM

Ever wonder how many antis are packing?

After all, laws are meant for US, not them.

Don't try to tell me Hillary doesn't carry...

winds-of-change 09-09-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therewolf (Post 577350)

I agree here heartily.

Davo45 09-09-2011 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therewolf (Post 577350)

Remember the black flaming anti-gun reporter who shot a white teenager for trespassing at his pool with an UNLICENSED therefore ILLEGAL 25 auto in D.C. about 20 years ago? He tried to tell police that the gun belonged to his son who was an F.B.I. agent, his son flat out denied knowing anything about it.

I doubt Hillary actually carries, but you can bet that she's got a security detail who are very well armed, just like Roseann Barr and the late Senator Edward Kennedy and many more. There are no doubt many progressive and liberal politicians from both parties who have CCW permits and carry while voting AGAINST the right of "we the people" to keep and bear arms every chance they get.

eaglesnester 09-12-2011 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davo45 (Post 577476)
Remember the black flaming anti-gun reporter who shot a white teenager for trespassing at his pool with an UNLICENSED therefore ILLEGAL 25 auto in D.C. about 20 years ago? He tried to tell police that the gun belonged to his son who was an F.B.I. agent, his son flat out denied knowing anything about it.

I doubt Hillary actually carries, but you can bet that she's got a security detail who are very well armed, just like Roseann Barr and the late Senator Edward Kennedy and many more. There are no doubt many progressive and liberal politicians from both parties who have CCW permits and carry while voting AGAINST the right of "we the people" to keep and bear arms every chance they get.

All we can hope and pray for is that every anti gunner in elected office that tramples on the 2nd amendment finds themselves in a situation in which they, at some precise time in their lives desperatly realize that they need a gun.

therewolf 09-12-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davo45 (Post 577476)

Oh, well, that .25 auto was a small gun, and, after all,

he was competently and justly looking out

after his property. That makes it

completely different. We who would shoot only when

our lives were endangered, are, really, the

irresponsible fools who are

supposed to obey the law.

You see, if you don't believe in RKBA, it's perfectly

okay to shoot someone who merely trespasses on your

property, even if your life isn't threatened.

I'm sure an anti can properly explain all this to you...

...only those of us who believe the laws are for everybody,

and who go through hell getting CCW permits, and make sure

our firearms and actions are actually legal are

required to know and obey the law.

tCan 09-15-2011 07:40 PM

I am decidedly liberal, but I think there should be a gun in every household. I think a person should be able to walk around a metro area with a longarm on his back without drawing more attention than a once over glance. I think people who open or conceal carry should be able to experience a traffic stop or other Terry stop without having to relieve their firearm.

I do live in one of the original states who's militias shed blood and burned powder to secure freedom from a controlling and corrupt political environment. I better well be pro-gun.

My point here is that it's foolish to assume anything about anybody.