The stupidity of California citizens - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > The stupidity of California citizens

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2013, 04:49 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by towboater
There is a BIG difference between going against the government, and going against the constitution.
Not in the eyes of 1A, if it were petitions like this would get you arrested right?

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #12

Liked 988 Times on 651 Posts
Likes Given: 637

So these people have a right to petition to ban all guns. The govt. has a duty not to. THEORETICALLY, pursuing this kind of thing would be useless. In REALITY, they do it because they know something may come of it. Which has been demonstrated many times. So actually, those people aren't really that stupid, are they? Misguided, yes.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:09 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx View Post
Could they blame it on the fluoride in their drinking water? Stupid gets stupider each year!

Old 04-14-2013, 05:14 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx View Post
B-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a, B-a-a-a-a-a-a-a (their right to do it though)

Last edited by johnr1943; 04-14-2013 at 05:18 PM.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:16 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 362 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Guys this isn't about the right or anything. It's to show that people are just signing stuff when they don't even know what this guy is talking about. They even signed when he said " this would take all the guns from the right wing extremists but keep the criminals' guns safe." (Something along those lines). Do they have a right to do this, yes. But the way that they are doing it by not even paying attention is the whole point.

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...

Old 04-14-2013, 05:17 PM   #16

Liked 43 Times on 21 Posts

I don't think any of you actually watched the video! The guy with the partition is pro gun! He says stuff to these idiots like "this petition will help ensure that no more law abiding citizens own guns, so only the criminals will be aloud to keep their guns" and "we want door to door confiscation to make sure right wing gun nuts don't have guns any more". The libtards of commifornia just stand their and sign the thing with a blank look like the mouth breathing morons they are. I think I saw Chainfire on there in a Hawaiian shirt asking if he could sign twice

Old 04-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3861 Times on 2305 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

I lived in Cali for two years. Yep, that is the population I remembered. Video cracked me up though.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:32 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 235 Times on 151 Posts

A minority of people banded together and passed an amendment to the constitution to ban alcohol. (Which the majority of Americans ignored until it was repealed.) The repercussions of that poorly thought out but "politically correct" movement are still reverberating down through society today.

We need to be very vocal in countering their actions even though they have the right to their illogical, poorly founded opinions; we have not only the right but the responsibility to present the counter argument.

We need to continue to point out in a calm and reasoned voice that the 2A isn't about the people being in a militia, but the counter force required to balance that militia with an equal level of force to prevent a government of the government for the benefit of the governors to coming into place.

We don't need the US to repeat the costly experiment that the Canadians are currently bringing to a close.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:01 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
Having a petition to violate a constitutional right seems stupid to me though.
Banning their petition would violate another constitutional right. Whether it's stupid or not depends on the viewpoint. Besides, it's California. You can't expect common sense out of a lot of them. The scary part of this is that the petition is being signed in the 9th US District, home of some of the worst judicial opinions in this country's history.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:21 PM   #20

Liked 2203 Times on 1296 Posts
Likes Given: 479

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
Name one...

I clearly disagree with what they're doing but 1A clearly protects their right to do so. Guess we could do as Communist Russia did and arrest any and everyone who speaks out about anything that even remotely goes against the government..?
Name one? The second amendment. Petitioning to do a complete ban on private gun ownership would violate the second amendment right of every citizen.

I agree they do have a right to petition. I do support that right. I just think that it is a stupid effort if the basis of the petition is going to fly in the face of a constitutional amendment guaranteeing a right. I'm not saying to not allow petitions. And going against the bill of rights is not about going against the government. It is about going against the rights of the people. So your analogy with regard to petitioning against the government is flawed.

I don't want to stifle their speech, it would just be nice if they thought through the likelihood of the petition being allowed to actually go anywhere since the constitution and Supreme Court rulings would probably already indicate that there effort is wasted.

I do fight for people's right to express themselves. I'll also allow them to stand up and look like idiots when they are saying something illogical and stupid.

If I wanted to draft a petition to make people allow troops to be housed in their homes it would be equally stupid because there is an amendment protecting people from such things.

That's all I was trying to say about this particular petition.