Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   The stupidity of California citizens (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/stupidity-california-citizens-88787/)

molonlabexx 04-14-2013 01:37 PM

The stupidity of California citizens
 
People sign petition to ban all guns [VIDEO]

Chainfire 04-14-2013 02:13 PM

It is the right of free people to petition their government. Would you like to see that changed?

deadsp0t 04-14-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainfire
It is the right of free people to petition their government. Would you like to see that changed?

Careful, some people only think that's ok when they agree with what's being petitioned.

DrumJunkie 04-14-2013 02:36 PM

Where in the OP does he say they have on right to petition? He just says that the opinion of the petition is favoring is stupid. Seems some think it's only OK to have an opinion when they agree with it.

I agree that wishing a ban on all guns is stupid. So I guess I"m in the wrong too.

Chainfire 04-14-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadsp0t (Post 1213490)
Careful, some people only think that's ok when they agree with what's being petitioned.

This is very true, but a real American would fight to the death to make sure these folks were able to, freely and openly, express their opinions.

deadsp0t 04-14-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainfire

This is very true, but a real American would fight to the death to make sure these folks were able to, freely and openly, express their opinions.

Amen brother...

SSGN_Doc 04-14-2013 03:04 PM

Yep, fine for them to express their opinion. Having a petition to violate a constitutional right seems stupid to me though. But if people want to be openly stupid, I guess that's their right as well.

Wonder what other amendments we could petition to violate?

deadsp0t 04-14-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc
Yep, fine for them to express their opinion. Having a petition to violate a constitutional right seems stupid to me though. But if people want to be openly stupid, I guess that's their right as well.

Wonder what other amendments we could petition to violate?

Name one...

I clearly disagree with what they're doing but 1A clearly protects their right to do so. Guess we could do as Communist Russia did and arrest any and everyone who speaks out about anything that even remotely goes against the government..? :confused:

BULLET9992 04-14-2013 03:43 PM

Alex Jones did a survey showing that people would sign a petition to ban dyhidrogen monoxide (h2o - water). Just goes to show how gullible most people are, especially big city folks.

towboater 04-14-2013 04:36 PM

There is a BIG difference between going against the government, and going against the constitution.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:54 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.