stupid self defense question from a jar head .... - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

stupid self defense question from a jar head ....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2011, 12:57 AM   #31
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22395 Times on 12494 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Cool

i say chalk it up to a bad loan and lesson learned. get a better class of friends, because if the brother was your "friend", he would have told his brother to pay you the money he owed you! as someone else said, don't loan money that you can't afford to lose. get a restraining order! call the cops each and everytime he says or does anything and make them make out a report. reason is, if or when the situation escalates, and you have to do something to defend yourself or your girlfriend, there is a record of what has been going on. if you work at the same place go to your supervisor or the owners and inform them of the situation. pulling a gun and defending yourself should be a last resort not the first option.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:05 AM   #32

Liked 9218 Times on 5061 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttolhurst View Post
The thug wouldn't. The police would, in the course of investigating how the victim came to be beaten to a bloody pulp and/or room temperature. It wouldn't take long for them to learn that Mr. Thug had a money dispute with Mr. Buice. And then, one Google search away, there's this thread, currently in search result #4. Guess who becomes suspect #1?
Okay, I'm officially scared as hell of Google

Old 10-03-2011, 01:44 PM   #33

Liked 3315 Times on 1880 Posts
Likes Given: 2394

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryBuice View Post
I have read the laws and what not but i wanted some opinions on a matter.

So this guy is my best friends older brother a wanna be gangster has silk tatted on his neck thinks he is mm or something. I recently had an altercation with him over some collateral that i pawned of his. I loned him money he gave me some property to hold some tattoo gear...he then changed his mind about paying me back and wanted his stuff back well i pawned it to get my money back, I got a call from him asking for his stuff when i told him i pawned it he flips out and instead of threat me ,he says he knows where my gf works and will beat her up if i dont give his stuff back.

1. can i get a restraining order on him?
2. secondly im an injured marine ...i have a back injury to my L5 vertebrae if somone landed a good punch to my back it could do very serious damage.

If he did come to beat me up and i shot him would i have good odds in court?
i walk with a cane so its not like i can run away.

I dont have a problem defending myself and i consider myself to be level headed ...but i dont wanna go to jail cause i dont wanna be paralyzed in a fight..

I carry a beretta 92G
I reposted the OP so we could get back to brass tacks.

YO! EVERYBODY! PEACE and LOVE! Let's re-focus here.

Cory,

It would appear you need to find a better class of friends.

Don't forget that your friends are a reflection of you.

You don't really want to be associated with scum-low,

druggie, gangsta wannabe losers, do you?

Do what you have to, get away from these people at

all costs. Borrow if you have to,get out of this,

and start a new, brighter future, with better

and nicer friends.

And Cory, to you I offer our thanks from a grateful

nation for your Marine service.

Old 10-04-2011, 12:06 AM   #34

Semper Fi,
One Marine to another, Your life would have to be in Imanent Danger. Other wise it would not be a good shoot. I know its hard, but dont lower yourself to his Level.Use the letter of the law to your advantage.let LEO handle this clown, as others have started,

Record the Idiot, Document everything Don't tarnish your reputation, because of this Jack a-- Remember who you are, and what you stand for.I know it's hard,especially being a Marine to turn the other cheek.

In the end, he will get what's coming to him, and you will be a better man for not stuping to his level. Keep the faith Brother (Always Faithful).....

Old 10-04-2011, 12:29 AM   #35

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5149

1. GET THE RESTRAINING ORDER;
2. if ("HE") breaks said restraining order (DON'T YOU GO LOOKING), you have the right to defend ur girl and yourself!

be ready for retaliation though, you know how those thugly, gang, pants down low, societal retards are...................his homies will be peepin fo payback.

BE CAREFUL and OOO-RAH, GET SUM, KILL, KILL, KILL!

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 10-04-2011, 10:55 AM   #36

The gangsta loses his guns in most states if you file a restraining order.

That could work both ways, IF he could successfully

file against you...

Old 10-04-2011, 11:35 AM   #37

As far as self defense goes if you shoot from a position that you can not escape and your life is in danger your in the clear such as:
Say your in your house at the back door and hes coming at you from the front door u should leave the residence unless he has someone trapped and their life is in danger than you can fire.
Say your in your bedroom and he is covering the only exit than you can fire.
Say your going to your car in a wide open parking lot and he doesnt have a gun. than you better make it point blank.
Say your in a alley way and hes trying to run u over with his car you cant run away because its an alleyway you can fire on him because he is commiting a armed criminal action against you and you have no escape route.
Never shoot somebody in your yard or your door way you need to be able to prove you had no choice but to take lethal force.
You also can make a citizens arrest which is hilarious i know but once again you gotta be able to prove he did something.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:47 PM   #38

Do you really want to lose a good gun defending yourself from this

terd? You do know, in the event of most SD shootings, the police

confiscate your firearm, right?

Leave the area, pay him back, find new people to hang out with.

You don't need this $#!+.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:00 PM   #39

Give him the adress of the pawn shop. I don't see why the courts wouldn't be on your side. Wounded Veteran attacked at home, shot and killed assailant. Seems pretty solid.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:01 PM   #40

Especially if theres a record of you contacting the police. That's always good, then they can't tell you that you didn't at least try to resolve this through the proper channels.