Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   stupid self defense question from a jar head .... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/stupid-self-defense-question-jar-head-49141/)

CoryBuice 10-02-2011 05:59 AM

stupid self defense question from a jar head ....

I have read the laws and what not but i wanted some opinions on a matter.

So this guy is my best friends older brother a wanna be gangster has silk tatted on his neck thinks he is mm or something. I recently had an altercation with him over some collateral that i pawned of his. I loned him money he gave me some property to hold some tattoo gear...he then changed his mind about paying me back and wanted his stuff back well i pawned it to get my money back, I got a call from him asking for his stuff when i told him i pawned it he flips out and instead of threat me ,he says he knows where my gf works and will beat her up if i dont give his stuff back.

1. can i get a restraining order on him?
2. secondly im an injured marine ...i have a back injury to my L5 vertebrae if somone landed a good punch to my back it could do very serious damage.

If he did come to beat me up and i shot him would i have good odds in court?
i walk with a cane so its not like i can run away.

I dont have a problem defending myself and i consider myself to be level headed ...but i dont wanna go to jail cause i dont wanna be paralyzed in a fight..

I carry a beretta 92G

doctherock 10-02-2011 06:01 AM

Contact the local police.

CoryBuice 10-02-2011 06:10 AM

I did already they went and talked to him but its just a he said i said thing....im the only one that heard this , someone also threw a brick threw my living room window last week called the police no proof it was him,,,,,im sure it was ..im 22 years old we even moved but i still work over there.... at night ,.

unclebear 10-02-2011 06:47 AM

Personally I do things differently, I would try to talk things out with him, then you can go from there.

CourtJester 10-02-2011 07:20 AM

Put up a video camera and call the local chops to make a few more passes and to have your back on the ongoing issue if it gets ugly.

Dzscubie 10-02-2011 10:31 AM

Wait, this guy is the older brother of your “best” friend? What is he doing to help you? you helped out your best friends brother and now he is crapping on you like this what does your “best” friend doing to stop this? Sounds like you need some new friends because the one you have doesn’t sound like a friend to me.

Scubie

winds-of-change 10-02-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzscubie (Post 591144)
Wait, this guy is the older brother of your “best” friend? What is he doing to help you? you helped out your best friends brother and now he is crapping on you like this what does your “best” friend doing to stop this? Sounds like you need some new friends because the one you have doesn’t sound like a friend to me.

Scubie

I agree. You need to hang around with a different crowd. I would document all exchanges between you and this thug, call the police with each threat of his. That way you will have a proof that there's been a problem with him.

ScottA 10-02-2011 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unclebear (Post 591110)
Personally I do things differently, I would try to talk things out with him, then you can go from there.

Noble intentions, but this has gone way past "let's talk this out". Once threats and violence starts, talking is over.

Put a recorder on your phone and cameras at the front and back of your house. Get your gf into a weapons class and get her a gun... pepper spray at the least.

The best case scenario is to gather evidence to put this loser in jail.

knfxda 10-02-2011 01:36 PM

Forget the police. Go to the county clerk. See here: http://www.ehow.com/how_6582054_file-restraining-order-georgia.html

You and your gf may need to do this individually.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

therewolf 10-02-2011 03:28 PM

IMO, some of the best money I ever spent was lent,

to gubers, who I thought were my friends.

They showed their true colors with merely 5 or 10$

in their hands. Now they avoid me which I think

saves me a lot of trouble.

I'd pay him back his s#!+.

Then don't say a word to him or his brother ever again. They

aint friends, because friends don't do this to friends,

or allow this to happen to friends.

As to shooting him, no way, he's not worth it.

Look at it like this:

If you were placed in a position where you agreed to

defend somebody, or use your gun for hire, wouldn't you want

massive amounts of money, probably 50,000$ plus, to even consider

making that commitment?

But you're going to shoot this guy over a couple hundred dollars?

It makes neither good financial, moral,or legal sense.