Stupid article that a liberal used as a comeback - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Stupid article that a liberal used as a comeback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 03:41 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10720 Times on 5723 Posts
Likes Given: 10477

I was attempting to have a rational discussion with a good friend that is quite liberal. This nice lady (and she is a nice lady) is an attorney, and additionally has a MA degree in psychology.

I can't quote the exact words, but she said, in effect:

Ron the trouble with you and all of the damned conservatives is that you always try to use cold, uncaring intellectual arguments. You need to let yourself be ruled by your by heart. The heart will never lead you in the wrong direction.

Intellect is fine for mathematics and engineering, but human problems should be solved from the heart. Look into your heart, and you'll see that I'm right!

Again, she has a BA, MA and JD.
How do you argue with that mindset???
History fails to record a single precedent in which nations subject to moral decay have not passed into political and economic decline. There has been either a spiritual awakening to overcome the moral lapse, or a progressive deterioration leading to ultimate national disaster.
Douglas MacArthur

If you think a strong military is expensive, think about what a weak one would cost

Old 12-20-2012, 03:41 PM   #12

Liked 140 Times on 101 Posts
Likes Given: 1

with that definition, I would argue that a black pistol grip blends in with a black finish and black stock, so therefor, it is inconspicuous. now, if you put an OD pistol grip on a black rifle, THEN it becomes conspicuous, and thus, "should be banned" in their opinion.
PSYCHOFREAK3 Likes This 
Old 12-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2146 Times on 1345 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
I was attempting to have a rational discussion with a good friend that is quite liberal. This nice lady (and she is a nice lady) is an attorney, and additionally has a MA degree in psychology.

I can't quote the exact words, but she said, in effect:

Ron the trouble with you and all of the damned conservatives is that you always try to use cold, uncaring intellectual arguments. You need to let yourself be ruled by your by heart. The heart will never lead you in the wrong direction.

Intellect is fine for mathematics and engineering, but human problems should be solved from the heart. Look into your heart, and you'll see that I'm right!

Again, she has a BA, MA and JD.
How do you argue with that mindset???
If that was actually true, the human race would have gone extinct millenniums ago.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:09 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1933 Times on 1127 Posts
Likes Given: 4716

As the person in my avatar would say,

"You should learn to control your emotions, for they will be your undoing"

@locutus,
I had to respond to what your Doctor friend said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
You need to let yourself be ruled by your by heart. The heart will never lead you in the wrong direction.

How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 12-20-2012, 04:50 PM   #15

Liked 4908 Times on 2446 Posts
Likes Given: 1200

I'd say, my heart told me to hate blacks, Jews, and homosexuals.... But then I used logic and reason to see that they were no different than me.

Or I'd say, 'tell that to the millions of people who use their heart to kill in the name of their God'
People Like This 
Old 12-20-2012, 04:52 PM   #16

Liked 4908 Times on 2446 Posts
Likes Given: 1200

Tell her you know a guy (me) who was stabbed in the heart, and flatlined on an operating room table.
My heart now tells me to shoot back.

(That's not a joke either).
People Like This 
Old 12-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #17
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3569 Times on 1967 Posts
Likes Given: 1037

Liberals are indoctrinated, not educated. Common sense and logic are not part of their training.
People Like This 
Old 12-20-2012, 05:08 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 216 Times on 173 Posts
Likes Given: 116

there was another article linked in the link stated that you could retrofit a grenade launcher to shoot shotgun shells.

1. Is that even possible?
2. Even if it was possible, who cares. So you take a grenade launcher and make it fire something far less dangerous?
3. Where the hell do you but 40mm grenades?
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 12-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #19

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe
there was another article linked in the link stated that you could retrofit a grenade launcher to shoot shotgun shells.

1. Is that even possible?
2. Even if it was possible, who cares. So you take a grenade launcher and make it fire something far less dangerous?
3. Where the hell do you but 40mm grenades?
You can do so with an adapter, however it's a destructive device. But if you have a grenade launcher already, I think you got the class 3 DD registering out of the way.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:11 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1177 Times on 512 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

All I can say is:

Stupid article that a liberal used as a comeback - Legal and Activism
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams
People Like This