Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Stupid article that a liberal used as a comeback (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/stupid-article-liberal-used-comeback-78940/)

Gizord1 12-20-2012 06:40 AM

Stupid article that a liberal used as a comeback

While I was tryin to reason with a bunch of liberals on Facebook, on the topic of "assault weapons", one of them uses this as a reply to a comment about criminals can't just go out and buy a grenade launcher (the same guy tried to say that criminals use grenade launchers and how an "assault weapon" would be useless if a criminal broke into your home with a grenade launcher).

http://www.opednews.com/populum/linkm.php?f=Connecticut-Gun-Laws-Are-S-in-General_News-121217-367.html

Vikingdad 12-20-2012 06:44 AM

So what the f*ck is a criminal going to do with a frigging grenade launcher? Don't you need some frigging grenades to make it of any use? Tell Mr. liberal panty waste to start trying to buy a live grenade and see where that lands him.:eek:

Gizord1 12-20-2012 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikingdad
So what the f*ck is a criminal going to do with a frigging grenade launcher? Don't you need some frigging grenades to make it of any use? Tell Mr. liberal panty waste to start trying to buy a live grenade and see where that lands him.:eek:

I can't, I was banned from the page XD

Mosin 12-20-2012 12:03 PM

Oh please oh please oh please!!! SHTF!!!

Just a little one!

I only need like 3-4 months without power to let these morons wipe themselves out!

Please oh please oh please!!!!!

Donn 12-20-2012 01:02 PM

Mentioned this in another post. You'll never discuss this issue rationally with anyone on the Left even in the best of times. After an incident like Newtown, it's impossible. Save your breath and sanity. You can't use logic with someone who uses emotion and feelings.

Rick1967 12-20-2012 01:29 PM

I was at Jerry;s Outdoor Sports yesterday. He had grenade launchers for sale. I asked "What the heck do you shoot out of that?" They toldme it works with pepper spray and some type of marking round. Nothing explosive. It actually mounts under the barrel of an AR. I used something similar in the army. I think it was an M-203 back then.

I said to the salesman "I can't belive it. After all these years I found something in your store that I have absolutely no use for."

Mosin 12-20-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick1967
I was at Jerry;s Outdoor Sports yesterday. He had grenade launchers for sale. I asked "What the heck do you shoot out of that?" They toldme it works with pepper spray and some type of marking round. Nothing explosive. It actually mounts under the barrel of an AR. I used something similar in the army. I think it was an M-203 back then.

I said to the salesman "I can't belive it. After all these years I found something in your store that I have absolutely no use for."

It's a 37mm 'flare launcher' they're legal because there's no explosive rounds for them.
The military uses a 40mm launcher, those need all the proper paperwork/body cavity searches... And $200 tax stamp...per round.

70cuda383 12-20-2012 03:11 PM

there's a lot of idiotic stories being posted on facebook. one such story was headlined "do armed citizens stop mass shootings? No." and then provided a bunch of instances where armed citizens stepped in in the middle of a "mass shooting" and either A) the citizen was shot and killed himself while defending another and therefore, did no good, B) the citizen was actually an off-duty cop, or a military veteran (as if that makes them above the law somehow and not 'orinary citizens?) or C) said they were a vigilante who was not arrested for his "justifiable homicide" by the cops.

It's simply amazing how illogical these people are, how they rationalize and twist a set of facts to fit their argument.

I will look at my own arguments and try to find holes in them, and make sure I'm not doing the same thing they do, but in the other direction, but I just can't find any real holes in my logic, yet theirs is full of them.

PSYCHOFREAK3 12-20-2012 03:20 PM

"A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon"

I quoted this directly from the article, it provides no additional input or debate for the topic being discussed so I apologize for that however it does provoke a question...how does a pistol grip protrude "conspicuously" beneath the action of a weapon. I get a kick out of that one every time.

TDS92A 12-20-2012 03:46 PM

It is the use of the big words that make them sound smarter than they really are. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSYCHOFREAK3 (Post 1059225)
"A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon"

I quoted this directly from the article, it provides no additional input or debate for the topic being discussed so I apologize for that however it does provoke a question...how does a pistol grip protrude "conspicuously" beneath the action of a weapon. I get a kick out of that one every time.