this is stupid - Page 6


Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > this is stupid

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #51
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Free State of Winston, AL
Posts: 3,089
Liked 2014 Times on 1191 Posts
Likes Given: 971

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
What zero tolerance means is no one has to think. If it is a gun, no matter what kind of gun the punishment is the same. School officials read the rules literally. The punishment for a machine gun is the same as an airsoft gun since the word gun is applied. The say we need common sense reform. We need common sense in the most literal of ways.
Like I said "an excuse for government employees not to do their job"


__________________

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

JimRau is offline  
FullautoUSA Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:04 PM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 3,184
Liked 2403 Times on 1327 Posts
Likes Given: 324

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer
What zero tolerance means is no one has to think. If it is a gun, no matter what kind of gun the punishment is the same. School officials read the rules literally. The punishment for a machine gun is the same as an airsoft gun since the word gun is applied. The say we need common sense reform. We need common sense in the most literal of ways.
This is so true! Those jokers even try to call us with their "no tolerance" bull crap at least once a year and when the officer responding doesn't take the JUVENILE to jail they file an admin and an IA complaint. They think they run the world. We follow state law and local ordinances, not their mindless bull crap policies.

What am I supposed to do if 2 9 year olds are fighting like kids? THEY ARE KIDS. If I charge ANYBODY it would be the legal guardian, which is the TEACHER when they're at school. But let me try to explain that to the vice principal and his eyes roll in the back of the head and all he can do is talk about "school board policy." UGH!


__________________

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

DeltaF is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:01 PM   #53
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
1911love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,484
Liked 640 Times on 386 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post

This is so true! Those jokers even try to call us with their "no tolerance" bull crap at least once a year and when the officer responding doesn't take the JUVENILE to jail they file an admin and an IA complaint. They think they run the world. We follow state law and local ordinances, not their mindless bull crap policies.

What am I supposed to do if 2 9 year olds are fighting like kids? THEY ARE KIDS. If I charge ANYBODY it would be the legal guardian, which is the TEACHER when they're at school. But let me try to explain that to the vice principal and his eyes roll in the back of the head and all he can do is talk about "school board policy." UGH!
When I was in grade school you were best off fighting on campus. That way the law wasn't involved and you got a couple days vacation from class. A few years after I graduated HS zero tolerance came out and cameras were installed at my former HS.

I was able to be a kid, those people a few years behind me were monitored like prisioners and an arrest was the first solution to every problem. The school didn't even care who started the fight or if it was self defense. All parties go to jail.

The county I went to school in had LEOs at every middle and high school. Thankfully the one at my HS was reasonable. She more than once talked some sense into the administration regarding the actions they wanted to take against me.

These school administrators were stuck on stupid way before zero tolerance. ZT just makes it so they don't have to explain their illegitimate actions to others.
__________________
1911love is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:45 AM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 3,184
Liked 2403 Times on 1327 Posts
Likes Given: 324

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love

When I was in grade school you were best off fighting on campus. That way the law wasn't involved and you got a couple days vacation from class. A few years after I graduated HS zero tolerance came out and cameras were installed at my former HS.

I was able to be a kid, those people a few years behind me were monitored like prisioners and an arrest was the first solution to every problem. The school didn't even care who started the fight or if it was self defense. All parties go to jail.

The county I went to school in had LEOs at every middle and high school. Thankfully the one at my HS was reasonable. She more than once talked some sense into the administration regarding the actions they wanted to take against me.

These school administrators were stuck on stupid way before zero tolerance. ZT just makes it so they don't have to explain their illegitimate actions to others.
Yeah in the high school they expect us to arrest both parties in self defense situations. We won't do that either. Cameras would be nice for us though, since the teachers can never write a report or witness statement worth a crap. It's zero tolerance so no thinking is necessary right? So they don't think. They literally write "little
Johnny was fighting." And then leave. For educated people they are really ignorant about the Criminal Justice System. I get more information out of 5 year olds than high school teachers.
__________________

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

DeltaF is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:25 AM   #55
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
clr8ter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 3,414
Liked 1029 Times on 686 Posts
Likes Given: 677

Default

So what is a gun-owning parent to do nowadays? There seems to be so many of these stories popping up about kids doing innocent things, and the school going off the deep end. Kids talk, you can't stop that. I'm not a parent, but this situation worries me for when I will be.

I'll tell you what, though. I'd have Zero Tolerance for the school being stupid.

__________________
clr8ter is offline  
FullautoUSA Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #56
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jacksonville,FL
Posts: 2,831
Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Default

A few updates.

1. The complaint and disciplinary report have been amended to reflect an Airsoft gun instead of a firearm.

2. The child has been offered a choice of home schooling or a disciplinary school. If he does well at the disciplinary school he could be reinstated next semester after the January hearing.

3. Airsoft gun is included in the city ordinance along with firearms, so there could be prosecution after further investigation.

3. It seems that the incident was not limited to private property, nor did he have permission to use the airsoft gun on that private property from the property owner, as required by city ordinance.

5. At least one person not a party to the game was hit by an Airsoft pellet.

6. The little darling in the story is not unknown to disciplinary authorities at the school. This is just the newest one. He has 6 previous incidents ranging from harassment to bullying to fighting causing injury during the last 18 months.

__________________
Doc3402 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:32 AM   #57
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FullautoUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Marxachusetts
Posts: 2,627
Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter
So what is a gun-owning parent to do nowadays? There seems to be so many of these stories popping up about kids doing innocent things, and the school going off the deep end. Kids talk, you can't stop that. I'm not a parent, but this situation worries me for when I will be.

I'll tell you what, though. I'd have Zero Tolerance for the school being stupid.
Lucky for you, you're in New Hampshire- the state where being anti-gun is punishable by death!
__________________
LIVE FREE OR DIE

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
FullautoUSA is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:43 PM   #58
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 3,184
Liked 2403 Times on 1327 Posts
Likes Given: 324

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter
So what is a gun-owning parent to do nowadays? There seems to be so many of these stories popping up about kids doing innocent things, and the school going off the deep end. Kids talk, you can't stop that. I'm not a parent, but this situation worries me for when I will be.

I'll tell you what, though. I'd have Zero Tolerance for the school being stupid.
My 3 year old little girl "shoots bad guys" with everything from crayons to teddy bear legs to actual toy guns. She is no longer scared of the dark now that she has the tools to deal with her "bad guys." I shudder to think what a school would think if I sent her there.

And don't get me started on the fighting. Her 6 year old cousin liked to play the bully till I taught my baby how to punch. Now she gets pushed or kicked and turns around and lays her cousin out flat.
__________________

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"


Last edited by DeltaF; 09-26-2013 at 01:45 PM.
DeltaF is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #59
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TDS92A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Posts: 1,977
Liked 1365 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 3441

Default

I taught my kids the same way and they turned out really well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
My 3 year old little girl "shoots bad guys" with everything from crayons to teddy bear legs to actual toy guns. She is no longer scared of the dark now that she has the tools to deal with her "bad guys." I shudder to think what a school would think if I sent her there.

And don't get me started on the fighting. Her 6 year old cousin liked to play the bully till I taught my baby how to punch. Now she gets pushed or kicked and turns around and lays her cousin out flat.
__________________
The difficult I do immediately, the impossible takes me a few minutes longer.
NRA, U.S. Army (Ret), AGA, F&AM
A Person has to stand for something, or they will fall for anything.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
TDS92A is offline  
DeltaF Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #60
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
clr8ter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 3,414
Liked 1029 Times on 686 Posts
Likes Given: 677

Default

Quote:
Lucky for you, you're in New Hampshire- the state where being anti-gun is punishable by death!
LOL, damn right. Seriously though, we do have our fair share of antis...... And, also to be honest, my wife works in a school system in the city, and I have not heard of any of this silliness from her.

OK, now, bring on the "City" in NH jokes.....


__________________
clr8ter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Stupid here again ! dango The Club House 11 02-03-2013 04:12 AM
How can anyone be this stupid? cottontop Hunting Forum 5 10-23-2012 02:24 PM
How stupid we have become!!! RiverRat68 The Club House 17 06-12-2012 05:27 AM
I did something stupid. Uchahi Revolver Handguns 10 03-08-2010 10:11 PM
stupid is as stupid does. Rimfire McNutjob The Club House 8 08-29-2009 12:21 PM