Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   this is stupid (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/stupid-97545/)

unclebear 09-24-2013 09:59 AM

this is stupid

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/24/7th-grader-suspended-for-playing-with-airsoft-gun-in-own-yard/?intcmp=latestnews

One part that ticks me off the worst is this line right here
"The school's so-called "zero-tolerance" policy on guns extends to private property, according to the report"

I don't know what this kid does but before school but when I was in school I was trying to finish homework or catch up on reading before school. I never had time to play.

The kid shouldn't have been playing airsoft in the front yard before school but on the other hand the school had no reason to react and it should have just been a thing between the parent and child.

steadyshot 09-24-2013 10:20 AM

I'll say it again. The liberals are out of control in our nations schools.

WebleyFosbery38 09-24-2013 10:25 AM

So wrong, everyone with a Public Servant ID Card is a judge now! Stay the phuck out of my bedroom, living room and home sweet home!!!!!

Thats all I can say...

MisterMcCool 09-24-2013 11:10 AM

It sounds like the boy was shooting at other children who did not consent to participate in his game. A school bus stop is considered an extension of school property. Misbehavior at the bus stop can be disciplined at school (weird but true.)

Doc3402 09-24-2013 11:24 AM

There is so much more I would like to know before I pass judgement on this. Were these kids he was playing with also armed with airsoft guns? Was it a planned playtime? Was anyone not involved in the playtime threatened or hit?

If these kids were waiting for their school bus that tells me they were way outside the gun-free zone located around the school, but it would depend on state statutes as to whether or not a school bus stop is also a gun free zone. According to US Code, private property is not included in gun free school zones, but the state may be able to override that.

Pay attention now. This is one of the very few times you will ever see me write this. This sounds like a perfect case for the <gag> ACLU.

Donn 09-24-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterMcCool (Post 1381667)
It sounds like the boy was shooting at other children who did not consent to participate in his game. A school bus stop is considered an extension of school property. Misbehavior at the bus stop can be disciplined at school (weird but true.)

Not really weird, Mr. Mc. Some companies consider outside their buildings, including to and from the workplace, to be an extension of the workplace. Two guys duking it out on the sidewalk or at the bar across the street at lunch time is no different than if they were on company property and subject to the same disciplinary action.

GTX63 09-24-2013 12:01 PM

The property is approx. 200' from the bus stop. All the kids participated. The boy had a target on their tree in the front yard with a net to catch the pellets. The neighbor who called 911 is the mother of one of the boys and knew it wasn't a real gun. She decided it was easier to call the law than step out of her front door. Chasing eachother around, they came within 10' of the bus stop area. The local ordinance states it is unlawful to discharge a firearm within 150' of another building unless you are on private property. A little ambiguous.

robocop10mm 09-24-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTX63 (Post 1381700)
The property is approx. 200' from the bus stop. All the kids participated. The boy had a target on their tree in the front yard with a net to catch the pellets. The neighbor who called 911 is the mother of one of the boys and knew it wasn't a real gun. She decided it was easier to call the law than step out of her front door. Chasing eachother around, they came within 10' of the bus stop area. The local ordinance states it is unlawful to discharge a firearm within 150' of another building unless you are on private property. A little ambiguous.

Within 10' of the bus stop area? WTH does that mean? Is the "area" the actual stop or the same zip code?

Since when is an airsoft gun a "firearm"?

I agree, this is STUPID!

GTX63 09-24-2013 01:26 PM

Maybe it is the principle from Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

http://www.casondrabrewster.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/principal-rooney-middle-finger-ferris-buellers-day-off-261x300.jpg

winds-of-change 09-24-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterMcCool (Post 1381667)

Children waiting at a bus stop to go to school are not to be bullied, etc. same as if in the actual school.

But if the kids playing were NOT at the bus stop, then I wouldn't think the bus stop rules apply.