The stupid! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > The stupid!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 11:10 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
Quote:
My head hurts everytime, I read this letter to the editor.

Not sure who wrote the article.

Found this on another forum:

And you felt compelled to make us read it

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

KJG67 Likes This 
Old 02-18-2013, 11:10 AM   #12

Liked 388 Times on 252 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
I'm calling BS...no one is that stupid, ignorant or ill informed; that letter can only have been written by a satirical genius.
I agree. Not even a product of today's dumbed down public education, who gets 100% of their news from the mainstream media could connect those convoluted dots. On the other hand,,,,,,,,

Last edited by Donn; 02-18-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #13

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn View Post
I agree. Not even a product of today's dumbed down public education, who gets 100% of their news from the mainstream media could possibly have connected those dots. On the other hand.......
I'm thinkin on the other hand
No amount of stupidity surprises me these days ----

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

People Like This 
Old 02-18-2013, 11:48 AM   #14

Liked 262 Times on 166 Posts

Lmfao... Ok. Who's 8 year old wrote the editor??? Come on, fess up!!! Lol. Ahhhh......the stupid.......it hurts so bad.......make it stop..........make it stop........

Old 02-18-2013, 12:00 PM   #15

Liked 701 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 1455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
My head hurts everytime, I read this letter to the editor.

Not sure who wrote the article.

Found this on another forum:

http://www.carolinacoastonline.com/news_times/news/article_8065cdfa-6a1c-11e2-a753-001a4bcf887a.html

Beaufort, N.C.
Jan. 17, 2013
TO THE EDITOR:
Republicans and “so-called” conservatives are at it again. They are claiming that the Constitution gives people the right to have guns without the permission of the government. If that were true, then how could New York and Chicago have laws against it?

We Democrats are sick and tired of Republicans constantly using the Constitution to cover up their true plans, which are to make us all afraid of everyone else. Our great president came from a civilized part of the country where there is strict gun control, and he is only trying to bring the benefits of that more modern way of living to the rest of us. I don’t know the exact statistics, but I’m quite certain that Chicago is a lot safer that Morehead City, when it comes to gun violence.

But do Republicans and conservatives listen to the voice of reason? No, of course not. All they want to do is whine and complain about how gun control and wealth redistribution violate the Constitution, as if the Constitution were all that great, anyway. There are a lot of things that need to be changed about the Constitution, I’d say, and President Obama needs to change it.

The Republicans are just trying to stand in the way, because the president is black. They even dared to question whether he was born in this country. I think all this demonstrates that the Constitution needs to be amended when it comes to the qualifications for being president. Right now, it says that a person has to be 35 years old and be a natural born citizen. Well, that is obviously unfair because there are a great many otherwise qualified people who cannot run for president because their mothers had to have a C-section. But because the Constitution was written a hundred years ago, nobody even thought of the discrimination that would result from a doctor having to deliver a baby in this unnatural way. Now that we Democrats are in control of the government, that’s just one more thing we should change in our drive to make life fair.

Please withhold my name because I don’t want to get crank calls.

PROUD TO BE A DEMOCRAT
Unfortunately... it is real... and yes, there are people here in the great state of North Carolina that are this stupid. In my defense as a native I can tell you that the majority of this way of thinking comes mostly from carpetbaggers and is (again, mostly) restricted to "metro" enclaves like Chapel Hill, Carborro and Charlotte... although I have gotten into some discussions here in my current residence of Cary (stands for "Collected Area of Relocated Yankees")... No natural rural-born native here believes this horse-hockey... and if this durn dude thinks any town or city in this state is more violent than Chi-town then they truely DO have their head up their @$$ !!! We have had carry conceal for law-abiding citizens here since 1996... and we've not turned into a "wild west shootout" scenario yet. As a mater of fact... overall crime rates have been decining and are currently their lowest (per population stats) since 1977; http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/nccrimn.htm and you'll notice a BIG decline right after 1996... Hmmmm, wonder why???

The good news is this person is an exception to the overall thinking here in my home state. We are firmly red as of the last election and the only new state gun legislation proposed is a carry conceal confidentiality bill; http://www.nraila.org/legislation/state-legislation/2013/2/north-carolina-senate-committee-to-consider-right-to-carry-confidentiality-bill.aspx .... So for now I am not worried... Vigilant and aware... but not worried.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #16
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

"Well, that is obviously unfair because there are a great many otherwise qualified people who cannot run for president because their mothers had to have a C-section. But because the Constitution was written a hundred years ago, nobody even thought of the discrimination that would result from a doctor having to deliver a baby in this unnatural way."

Just about blew the coffee out my nose. Onion material. I actually applaud the paper for publishing it except we now have to wonder if the paper is supportive on the 2nd Amendment and wanted to get a laugh, or the editor is 1st cousin to this person.

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Old 02-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #17
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1023 Times on 543 Posts
Likes Given: 594

Unfortunately they are real. I ran into one a while back, the conversation went south out of the gate on his part. He was devoid any rationality on any level, made me a bit uncomfortable as he was actually heading off the cliff in a tirade of " You f*****g Nazi.

I had to threaten him with LE restraint to get him out of my grill. I had visited with him several times on different subjects with pleasant results. Guns and Freedom he had no use for.

They are our neighbors.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #18

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

People like this do exist in real life, we keep voting them into office and they keep writing stupid anti-gun bills. Don't forget the thing that folds up over the gun.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #19
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 260 Times on 172 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity .
Robert Heinlein

May the Force be with you.
An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein
A Gun-Free-Zone is nothing more than a hunting preserve for wackos.

NC1760 Likes This 
Old 02-18-2013, 01:25 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1917 Times on 1360 Posts
Likes Given: 2155

Default Foot in mouth disease......

Growing up on the family farm, my father would all ways tell me, boy I'm going to castrate you if you keep talking like that.......lol......

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........