The "Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act" I don't get it... - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

The "Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act" I don't get it...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 09:29 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9736 Times on 5233 Posts
Likes Given: 9561

I hve a question.

Why didn't all of the EXTRMELY strict, almost Nazi/Soviet style gun and ammo laws in Norway prevent Anders Brieviek (s?) from getting and using his guns and ammo to murder

SEVENTY

Innocent teenagers????
People Like This 
Old 08-02-2012, 10:01 PM   #32

Liked 1963 Times on 1034 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
I hve a question.

Why didn't all of the EXTRMELY strict, almost Nazi/Soviet style gun and ammo laws in Norway prevent Anders Brieviek (s?) from getting and using his guns and ammo to murder

SEVENTY

Innocent teenagers????
Ooh, ooh!! I know! I know!!....Wait for it....

CRIMINALS DON'T OBEY THE LAW!!!
horshack3.jpg  

Last edited by vincent; 08-02-2012 at 10:29 PM.
KalashnikovJosh Likes This 
Old 08-02-2012, 10:27 PM   #33

Liked 27 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 67

The politicians felt they had to do something to ease the weak minds of the cowards hiding in this violent world. Online sales was an easy target; now, all the cowards can feel better since something was at least mentioned.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:27 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 216 Times on 173 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
Drvsafe:

you are proud citizen of New Jersey, correct?

You think MORE regulations will help? Regulations on ammo this time?

I would like you to truthfully answer this question.

How have all the "feel good" regulations NJ already have in place (FOID, ID, Magazine capacity etc ad.nauseium ) helped with all the violent crime in Camden? or the rest of the state for that matter?

How has all the restrictions on law abiding citizens helped violent crime in Chitcago? New York?

NOW, after answering these questions truthfully, now answer this...how will even MORE regulations on law abiding citizens help??
first things first. I live where I live, don't make it an affront to me. I am a proud citizen of the United States of America. I live in Jersey.

The gun regulations in NJ SUCK, I am well aware as I said before I travel to many other states, often legally with my firearm for self protection. I wish I could where I live as well, but I cannot.

I honestly don't know. which is basically the reason for my OP. You guys want to lynch me for asking a question? Insult my intelligence, or for my less than educated view on the subject. Instead of doing that, why not use this thread as an opportunity to show how intelligently you can express your views and opinions, as opposed to placing barf bag images and tossing insults.

I don't thank you for your time and input. I would have preferred to NOT have posted my questions in this forum. Because for the points I mentioned above, I feel as though the intelligence level of this forum dropped dramatically, from a group of like minded individuals to a mob of insult slinging flag wavers.

I love my country and my rights. I live where I live, so be it. I have my right to ask a question and to voice my opinion without being read the riot act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
Ooh, ooh!! I know! I know!!....Wait for it....

CRIMINALS DON'T OBEY THE LAW!!!
That's right they don't. Any further thoughts that I have will sadly lead to me once again being verbally lynched on this forum. so I am going to keep my mouth shut.

Way to go people, this is one intelligent person that will no longer post any thought provoking posts or threads.

Gee, for people that believe so strongly in their rights, you have effectively shown me that I have no 1st amendment rights on the Firearmstalk forum...I would have expected a little civility...but...I guess since I live in NJ I am also accused of having no brain as well.
I am not walking away with my tail between my legs, just refusing to continue a dialog with ppl that think I am beneath them due to my state of residence, my opinion (or lack thereof) or my quest for information and knowledge.

Thanks all...
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 08-02-2012, 11:41 PM   #35

Old 08-02-2012, 11:44 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post

HA! good 1

I'm easy.

But, I asked something and wanted some input, not a showering of insults is all. I'm taken aback not hurt.
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP

vincent Likes This 
Old 08-02-2012, 11:57 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe View Post
HA! good 1

I'm easy.

But, I asked something and wanted some input, not a showering of insults is all. I'm taken aback not hurt.
It's all good bro, just a touchy subject, right now more than ever...You're okay in my book!!

Old 08-03-2012, 12:22 AM   #38
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 12442 Times on 5335 Posts
Likes Given: 2042

Sir- I believe both I am a fellow mod responded to your post. We did not call you names or question your intelligence or ancestry.

The laws where you live are the laws where you live. Here we do not HAVE an ID to show that we can own a gun, or purchase ammo. We do not HAVE a waiting period for the purchase of guns or ammo, and are frankly trying to figure out WHY that would be considered a good thing.

In the case of "compromise" on gun laws, each time it is an additional restriction- NOT a compromise. This is not a matter of being eaten by a shark, but of being nibbled to death by ducks.

As I stated in an earlier post, we have always had, and always WILL have evil and demented people among us. No law is going to change that.
People Like This 
Old 08-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #39
fmj

Liked 755 Times on 439 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe View Post
first things first. I live where I live, don't make it an affront to me. I am a proud citizen of the United States of America. I live in Jersey.

The gun regulations in NJ SUCK, I am well aware as I said before I travel to many other states, often legally with my firearm for self protection. I wish I could where I live as well, but I cannot.

I honestly don't know. which is basically the reason for my OP. You guys want to lynch me for asking a question? Insult my intelligence, or for my less than educated view on the subject. Instead of doing that, why not use this thread as an opportunity to show how intelligently you can express your views and opinions, as opposed to placing barf bag images and tossing insults.
I don't thank you for your time and input. I would have preferred to NOT have posted my questions in this forum. Because for the points I mentioned above, I feel as though the intelligence level of this forum dropped dramatically, from a group of like minded individuals to a mob of insult slinging flag wavers.

I love my country and my rights. I live where I live, so be it. I have my right to ask a question and to voice my opinion without being read the riot act.

That's right they don't. Any further thoughts that I have will sadly lead to me once again being verbally lynched on this forum. so I am going to keep my mouth shut.

Way to go people, this is one intelligent person that will no longer post any thought provoking posts or threads.

Gee, for people that believe so strongly in their rights, you have effectively shown me that I have no 1st amendment rights on the Firearmstalk forum...I would have expected a little civility...but...I guess since I live in NJ I am also accused of having no brain as well.
I am not walking away with my tail between my legs, just refusing to continue a dialog with ppl that think I am beneath them due to my state of residence, my opinion (or lack thereof) or my quest for information and knowledge.

Thanks all...
Please show me where i made where you live an affront to you. Please show me where i insulted you or your inteligence in any way.

Now you ADMIT that gun laws in jersey suck. Yet you come on here and start a thread SUPPORTING more BS "feel good" legislation that will absolutely NOTHING to lower crime. Yet you expect something other than the response you recieved??

NOW once again i ask YOU. How have any ONE SINGLE ingfringement already in place in NJ has lowered crime in your state or in Camden? How have these infringemants upon citizens in NY help crime there? How have these unconstitutional laws helped crime in IL?

You want to jabber about thought provoking posts...i just made one. NOW sir, the ball is in YOUR court to do some thinking and answer the questions posed to you.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 08-03-2012, 12:55 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Sir- I believe both I am a fellow mod responded to your post. We did not call you names or question your intelligence or ancestry.

The laws where you live are the laws where you live. Here we do not HAVE an ID to show that we can own a gun, or purchase ammo. We do not HAVE a waiting period for the purchase of guns or ammo, and are frankly trying to figure out WHY that would be considered a good thing.

In the case of "compromise" on gun laws, each time it is an additional restriction- NOT a compromise. This is not a matter of being eaten by a shark, but of being nibbled to death by ducks.

As I stated in an earlier post, we have always had, and always WILL have evil and demented people among us. No law is going to change that.

C3 much respect..

I may have been confused with all the mudslinging. I AM used to regulations, and jumping through hoops in order to purchase my firearms and ammunition, etc.. Perhaps I am desensitized somewhat, which is the reason for my comment and question. I truly did not expect to receive the responses I got. I certainly Don't want to go through that again. I was hoping to be educated, I hope I still can be. But in truth much of the comments were somewhat derogatory and outright rude. The rude I can deal with...derogatory I prefer to not put myself up for that.

I have much respect for anyone who is willing to discuss their opinion whether I agree or not, as long as it's done civilly and in a proper forum. If there is no open dialog then what are we? Better yet would would be viewed as?
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP