You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Stop Congress from trashing Illinois’ concealed gun protections

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2017, 06:52 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4218 Times on 2450 Posts
Likes Given: 6485

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
Also with the sale of most new vehicles, trailers and off road toys, the manufacturer issues a manufacture form, which dealers are to fill out if they are also handling registration, or the owner takes it as proof of sale to DMV\DOT for the initial title or registration.

In NY, if you are going to ride the local trails in a UTV\ATV or on an Enduro or dirt bike, it does have to be registered and insured, same with a snow machine. In that case, they take the actual VIN (Same with cars older than XX\XX\XXXX), and add zeros to the beginning of the VIN, so it can be put in the modern system.

The stolen bike in our case was a 1980 Suzuki 400 SP, enduro., so it had the short VIN on our title, and the longer one on the new title and documents he had. When he knew he was caught, he came up with the plate, but not the papers, and had been trying to sell it in his front yard, in a town of about 800, inwhich about 100 of the residents ride. It was one of my friends I used to trail ride with that made the spot, and dad and I drove out to his place, loaned him my truck, and had him do a drive by.

When dad and I went there, and then got back to confirm the VIN, I had to explain the way they worked the VIN , as he hadn't seen one with a few zeros in front of it before.
some states do registering of certain vehicles differently. in Colorado, you can register and insure your ATV for street usage IIRC. not in Texas though!

now on some dual sport bikes like some enduros, if they have all the street safety equipment, they can be registered and insured for riding on the streets. now some enduro bikes are not equipped with the safety equipment for street usage though. they have a headlight, a tail-light, but no turn-signals, brake-lights, horn, and ect....

on trailers here in Texas, you can get a bill of sale from the builder or dealer, and take that to the DMV at the courthouse and get it registered and a license plate. also if i built a trailer from scratch here at the house, i can go to the DMV, classify it as home-built, tell them the approximate GVW capacity, and they have a rating chart as to how much to charge for the registration tags, and then i can get the plates for it. we have two of those home-built trailers down here at the farm.
"the hate which we all bear with the most Christian patience, is the hate of those who envy us."
kfox75 Likes This 
Old 04-21-2017, 11:33 AM   #12
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6798 Times on 3812 Posts
Likes Given: 5343

All good discussion, but a bit off topic. Anything about the OP?
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.
Generalizations are (almost) always bad.
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/10th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-13-14-15-2017-a-123120/#post1850960
People Like This 
Old 04-22-2017, 07:22 AM   #13

Liked 4218 Times on 2450 Posts
Likes Given: 6485

if a person passes an NCIC BGC to purchase a firearm, or gets a CC permit, gets fingerprinted, goes through a BGC, and then a few years later goes off the deep end, because of a run of bad luck, his wife ran off, he lost his job, and his house is about to be foreclosed on and his truck got repossessed, who on God's green earth could predict such an outcome? i can tell you. exactly on one!

people and thier circumstances can change. even law abiding gun owners. none of us are immune to bad luck or bad circumstances. we are all susceptable to emotional breakdowns. it can happen to anyone, at any point in their lives if the right factors come into play.

now, in no way does that say that i justify this guys actions and committing murder by any means. just that there may be circumstances that drove him in the direction he went.
"the hate which we all bear with the most Christian patience, is the hate of those who envy us."
kfox75 Likes This 
Old 04-22-2017, 05:32 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2597 Times on 1236 Posts
Likes Given: 369

Some things that bother me about this latest Liberal editorial.

"That means a state such as Illinois could no longer draw a line and refuse to give concealed carry permits to people convicted of violent misdemeanors, substance abusers, repeat drunken drivers or who have severe mental health issues. Under the U.S. House version of a proposed law being considered in Congress, all those folks could simply get a permit from another state — one with much looser restrictions — sometimes just by mailing away for one. Twelve states require no permit at all"

Without a permit from your state, you will not be able to carry in another state, which would mean to me that I would get a permit from my state. Most that allow permit-less carry also will provide a permit Oh, by the way, most of those cited people who should not be allowed permits, are not already.

"The Violence Policy Center has documented 928 deaths since 2007 in incidents involving concealed carry permit holders in 40 states and the District of Columbia. Concealed carry laws ought to be tightened, not tossed out with the trash."

Hmm, that is about 93 per year, and who knows how many of those were justified. How many have their been in Chicago since 2007 that were criminal homicides? Fix that before you screw with the people who historically do not commit any crimes with their legally carried firearm.

"People in more than 100 professions, from hair braiders to canine handlers, have to get state licenses. There’s no reason gun dealers shouldn’t have to as well."

Those "licensees" are performing a service. For which they should be able to show training and competence. However what that really does is make it easier for the state to make sure they are getting their taxes and fees. Walmart sells lawn tools, car parts, cleaning chemicals and lots of other stuff. Do they need a licence? How about every other retail shop that sells anything?

That is just a start for a lot of this crap. The same old Liberal; "I don't like it so it should be illegal!"
People Like This 
Old 04-22-2017, 05:43 PM   #15

Liked 1083 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 1537

The Sun Times is more Liberal and at the same time fascist than any paper except thee NYT.
In 2007 Congress recommended an immediate minimum 25% increase in Disabled Veterans Compensation. Disabled Vets make less than many welfare families.
The Sun Times Letters to the Editor would only accept or print those opposed. All of the huge Public Housing Projects Residents seemed to be featured.
You would not believe the things they had to say about Disabled Vets.
We didn't deserve and the money should be directed to them essentially.
Disabled Vets, mostly, are champions of 2A . but we do not get heard.
Only money gets money in Washington and the only way we will preserve our Rights is to buy them it seems. Money is free speech. Money is now legal political speech.