STOP assuming its over and READ THIS - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > STOP assuming its over and READ THIS

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 05:04 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
clem_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Northern Wisconsin wolf country!
Posts: 178
Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts

Default

Stand together or fall one at a time.

__________________
clem_ is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:23 PM   #22
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Pasquanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: S.Maine
Posts: 1,086
Liked 862 Times on 390 Posts
Likes Given: 389

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clem_ View Post
Stand together or fall one at a time.
Good luck with that Clem! Since joining this forum I mistakenly assumed most were on the same page but sadly we are not. Our form of Gov. at this time is the two (2) party system like it or not that's where we are at. So it saddens me deeply to realize that several of our moderators and many members appear to be proud of the fact that they did not vote for one reason or another. Some too morally pure to vote for "the lesser of two evils" some "because my vote wont make a difference" some because they are so socially detached they are clueless as to what is going on! Choosing not to vote was a vote for the "greater of two evils" but at least you have a clear conscience!! You can comfortably sit back and say "I didn't vote for him or it!"
Countless thousands have given all to ensure we have the freedoms we enjoy today and it appears to mean so little to some that to chose A or B violates their form of morality to the point of standing by and letting it happen!

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

So Snappingturtle not to be a pessimist but yes I do think its too late we gave the farm away on Nov.6 2012 a date we will all remember in the future!
The only way to turn around now would be an all out revolution and thats just not going to happen. Americans have grown fat, dumb and comfortable with the "fight" bred right out of them.

BTW Happy New Year!
__________________

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Pasquanel is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4
Liked 9 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquanel View Post
......not to be a pessimist but yes I do think its too late.....
This is exactly how the other side of this issue thinks too.... they definitely are not writing in or mobilizing their supporters..... oh wait.... never mind.....

The fact that the other side DOES actively mobilize combined with the fact many on our side have a defeatist attitude is exactly why we are in the situation we are in. The anti's love this kind of attitude coming from our side. Its a dream come true.

Its never too late folks, write your reps and thanks for reading!
__________________
snappingturtle2 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 9,440
Liked 5830 Times on 3296 Posts
Likes Given: 5309

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquanel View Post
Good luck with that Clem! Since joining this forum I mistakenly assumed most were on the same page but sadly we are not. Our form of Gov. at this time is the two (2) party system like it or not that's where we are at. So it saddens me deeply to realize that several of our moderators and many members appear to be proud of the fact that they did not vote for one reason or another. Some too morally pure to vote for "the lesser of two evils" some "because my vote wont make a difference" some because they are so socially detached they are clueless as to what is going on! Choosing not to vote was a vote for the "greater of two evils" but at least you have a clear conscience!! You can comfortably sit back and say "I didn't vote for him or it!"
Countless thousands have given all to ensure we have the freedoms we enjoy today and it appears to mean so little to some that to chose A or B violates their form of morality to the point of standing by and letting it happen!

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

So Snappingturtle not to be a pessimist but yes I do think its too late we gave the farm away on Nov.6 2012 a date we will all remember in the future!
The only way to turn around now would be an all out revolution and thats just not going to happen. Americans have grown fat, dumb and comfortable with the "fight" bred right out of them.

BTW Happy New Year!
I agree with just about everything you said.

I believe that when we choose not to vote, for whatever reason, we dishonor the sacrifice of those who have "given it all" for our freedom.

BTW, we gave the farm away in 2008 when the "Caliph" was first anointed.
__________________
“We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.”


Winston Churchill
locutus is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:14 PM   #25
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Pasquanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: S.Maine
Posts: 1,086
Liked 862 Times on 390 Posts
Likes Given: 389

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
BTW, we gave the farm away in 2008 when the "Caliph" was first anointed.
I understand it was poorly worded I was referring to our opportunity to pull our bacon out of the fire! We still had a chance then but its almost impossible to overcome "FREE STUFF" hell one lady had 35 Obama phones! We have given the country up in small but consistent increments to the point where our individual wealth is being used to beat us into submission! We go to work everyday and try to make a better life for our families but the Federal gov has grown in power to the point of confiscating our productivity through taxation. As long as half our population is dependent on the Fed for their existence the rest of us will serve the Master
__________________

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Pasquanel is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4
Liked 9 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Many of us don't have the knowledge or the skills to draft a letter that covers all phses of any kind of a new ban. With a letter formatted, each individual could print as many copies as wanted, sign them and mail to his or her legistlators. Get it now??
Don't worry about covering all the points. Remember that this is a numbers game. The reps generally will not read your letter, their staffers will, and they will just glance it over to see where you stand and bump up a counter in the supports or does not support column. You may not even get a response or just a form letter, but who cares.

The point being is that just keep it polite, short and simple! Don't try to argue a point or convince the reader with a ton of details. Something as simple as the following should suffice as a starting point for folks needing a guide:

Quote:
Dear {Senator OR Representative} {last name here},
As a law abiding gun owner I demand that you vote no to any gun control legislation that is brought up for any vote. Our nation must focus on enforcing the laws already on the books by going after criminals and focusing on mental health issues instead of limiting the Second Amendment rights of millions of law abiding citizens.

Thank you for your time,
[Your name here]
__________________
snappingturtle2 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #27
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Pasquanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: S.Maine
Posts: 1,086
Liked 862 Times on 390 Posts
Likes Given: 389

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappingturtle2 View Post
This is exactly how the other side of this issue thinks too.... they definitely are not writing in or mobilizing their supporters..... oh wait.... never mind.....

The fact that the other side DOES actively mobilize combined with the fact many on our side have a defeatist attitude is exactly why we are in the situation we are in. The anti's love this kind of attitude coming from our side. Its a dream come true.

Its never too late folks, write your reps and thanks for reading!
It was not my intent to try to dissuade you from trying, quite the contrary if were going down might as well go down swinging!
Sometimes we have to do a reality check! Its the old "how to cook a frog thing"
we have been giving up ground for many years now and now suddenly we realize were in big trouble and want to change things back to how they should be! I just don't see it happening in the near future!
__________________

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Pasquanel is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
oldcoptn46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: EastTN
Posts: 129
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Default Watch the other hand

Another thing to keep an eye on: Ammo. While we are watching all the crap flying back and forth about gun control while with the other hand they start to make ammo impossible to obtain. No ammo, the weapon is just a club. EPA is already working on this. Just saying.

__________________

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem."
Ronald Wilson Reagan, 1911-2004, 40th President of the United States of America

oldcoptn46 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #29
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FullautoUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Marxachusetts
Posts: 2,627
Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcoptn46
Another thing to keep an eye on: Ammo. While we are watching all the crap flying back and forth about gun control while with the other hand they start to make ammo impossible to obtain. No ammo, the weapon is just a club. EPA is already working on this. Just saying.
Good reason to start reloading and forging bullets, if the tax on ammo does happen I will freak out, I just don't trust reloaded ammo, I've never used any so I'm just speculating but I have heard that it's less reliable.
__________________
LIVE FREE OR DIE

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
FullautoUSA is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:05 PM   #30
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21592 Times on 12249 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
Good reason to start reloading and forging bullets, if the tax on ammo does happen I will freak out, I just don't trust reloaded ammo, I've never used any so I'm just speculating but I have heard that it's less reliable.
where did you read or hear that reloaded ammo was less reliable? please share your source for this, as many of us would be interested. i know many people who reload and i personally reload, and would beg to differ with you on this.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
wizard63 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Will it stop? bigbomar4 General Handgun Discussion 38 03-20-2012 11:34 PM
I really need to stop... jordan89 Revolver Handguns 15 03-13-2012 02:31 AM
I have got to STOP doing this! Mark F Revolver Handguns 45 08-20-2009 12:40 AM
Stop $cientology! Stop The Cult! JiroZero713 The Club House 5 02-28-2009 12:02 AM