STOP assuming its over and READ THIS
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > STOP assuming its over and READ THIS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 09:08 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 2 Posts

Default STOP assuming its over and READ THIS

As gun owners we need to STOP this pessimistic attitude IMMEDIATELY that a new "ban" is going to take place. Lately I've been hearing talk like "when the new ban goes into effect" and "the coming ban" etc, as if this is already a done deal. WAKE UP, because its not a done deal! That kind of attitude comes from defeatism and will lead to failure!

We all need to realize that since the last ban expired, this industry has grown tremendously and there are millions of new law-abiding, responsible gun owners out there just like you!

You MUST take three minutes out of your day from searching for guns, magazines, parts etc, and take that time to WRITE YOUR REPRESENTATIVES at all levels of government. Local, state and most importantly at the federal level. Think LONG TERM! That's how the other side operates and we need to as well.

#1) Regardless if your representative is on the right or the left they still need to hear from you. Even if your rep is a huge 2nd amendment person or you live in an area surrounded by folks that don't agree with you... they still must hear from you!

#2) You must understand that your actual representatives will likely not read your letter/email. HOWEVER their STAFFERS WILL read them. This is a NUMBERS GAME. The staffers retain simple counts for their bosses (your representatives) of how many emails/letters came in FOR or AGAINST additional gun control legislation. The MORE WE WRITE IN the better it is for us and it puts them in a PICKLE.

#3) Keep your email/letter SHORT and SIMPLE. ONE or TWO sentences MAX. Don't try to laboriously argue a point; rather simply state your position and note that you will be educating your friends/family and anyone you can talk to, to vote them out of office if they vote for any new restrictions on your rights.

#4) Don't let the other side shout our side down. Make your voice heard. The consequences of NOT acting will lead to LONG TERM repercussions.

Do you want to be FINGERPRINTED and PHOTOGRAPHED like a common criminal and not be able to will your private property to your heirs? You should be OUTRAGED and offended by the suggestion!

Write your representatives today! Its EASY!

HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES: http://house.gov/htbin/findrep

SENATE: http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

http://nraila.org/get-involved-locally/grassroots/write-your-reps.aspx

RE-POST THIS EVERYWHERE AND EMAIL IT YOUR YOUR FRIENDS and FAMILY!

Thanks for reading.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-28-2012, 09:33 PM   #2

Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts

Thanks for the reminder. I have been contacting them daily and just did again.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:16 PM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Done. What's next?

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 12-28-2012, 10:22 PM   #4

Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe View Post
Done. What's next?
Good point...do we all just sit back and wait now?? Or could we be more proactive? What more can we do besides contacting our elected officials
Old 12-30-2012, 11:23 PM   #5

Liked 486 Times on 257 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Don't assume it will or won't happen.

A new ban looks unlikely, doesn't mean the gun grabbers won't try for it anyway. A slim chance is still a chance. We need to fight every proposed bill.

I may finally throw in the towel and join NRA, GOA, and SAF finally. I've been resisting forever, but it looks like they're needed now more than ever.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:21 AM   #6
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

You do have a point about the gun industry, when all other industries have been failing they have been thriving so I do think they will have the muscle to fight back, plus look at the companies that would be put out of business, Betaco., Magpul, Troy industries, Arsenal, Spikes, Okay industries, Calico, and that is about a twentieth of the companies, the NRA is really gonna fight for us this time too.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 12-31-2012, 02:59 AM   #7
JAD

Liked 52 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Obama in an interview aired on NBC’s Meet the Press today.

Said he would make gun control a priority in his new term, pledging to put his “full weight” behind passing new restrictions on firearms in 2013.

“I'm going to be putting forward a package and I'm going to be putting my full weight behind it.

Seems like we should have more pressing issues that he hasn't yet gotten in front of. Maybe behind is where he stays.

Old 12-31-2012, 03:17 AM   #8

Liked 41 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Done. Emailed them all. Hope they get enough of us to push back against this idiocy and shut it down.

Three old hunters were walking through the woods one day. The first looks over at the others and says, "Windy isn't it?" The second says, "I was sure it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's go get a beer!"

Old 12-31-2012, 03:20 AM   #9
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAD
Obama in an interview aired on NBC’s Meet the Press today.

Said he would make gun control a priority in his new term, pledging to put his “full weight” behind passing new restrictions on firearms in 2013.

“I'm going to be putting forward a package and I'm going to be putting my full weight behind it.

Seems like we should have more pressing issues that he hasn't yet gotten in front of. Maybe behind is where he stays.
First off welcome to FTF,
But I've noticed that he always says this type of stuff to distract us from how horrible of job he's done but it is good to take it into consideration.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 12-31-2012, 03:46 AM   #10
RiverRat68
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 120 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Angry Letter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappingturtle2 View Post
As gun owners we need to STOP this pessimistic attitude IMMEDIATELY that a new "ban" is going to take place. Lately I've been hearing talk like "when the new ban goes into effect" and "the coming ban" etc, as if this is already a done deal. WAKE UP, because its not a done deal! That kind of attitude comes from defeatism and will lead to failure!

We all need to realize that since the last ban expired, this industry has grown tremendously and there are millions of new law-abiding, responsible gun owners out there just like you!

You MUST take three minutes out of your day from searching for guns, magazines, parts etc, and take that time to WRITE YOUR REPRESENTATIVES at all levels of government. Local, state and most importantly at the federal level. Think LONG TERM! That's how the other side operates and we need to as well.

#1) Regardless if your representative is on the right or the left they still need to hear from you. Even if your rep is a huge 2nd amendment person or you live in an area surrounded by folks that don't agree with you... they still must hear from you!

#2) You must understand that your actual representatives will likely not read your letter/email. HOWEVER their STAFFERS WILL read them. This is a NUMBERS GAME. The staffers retain simple counts for their bosses (your representatives) of how many emails/letters came in FOR or AGAINST additional gun control legislation. The MORE WE WRITE IN the better it is for us and it puts them in a PICKLE.

#3) Keep your email/letter SHORT and SIMPLE. ONE or TWO sentences MAX. Don't try to laboriously argue a point; rather simply state your position and note that you will be educating your friends/family and anyone you can talk to, to vote them out of office if they vote for any new restrictions on your rights.

#4) Don't let the other side shout our side down. Make your voice heard. The consequences of NOT acting will lead to LONG TERM repercussions.

Do you want to be FINGERPRINTED and PHOTOGRAPHED like a common criminal and not be able to will your private property to your heirs? You should be OUTRAGED and offended by the suggestion!

Write your representatives today! Its EASY!

HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES: http://house.gov/htbin/findrep

SENATE: http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

http://nraila.org/get-involved-locally/grassroots/write-your-reps.aspx

RE-POST THIS EVERYWHERE AND EMAIL IT YOUR YOUR FRIENDS and FAMILY!

Thanks for reading.

I would like to see someone draft an all encompassing letter, covering all aspects of "NO MORE GUN CONTROL", and post it so it could be (copied) printed and used as a format by each individual.

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
George S. Patton

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Stillersfan Likes This