Stolen firearm
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Stolen firearm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Default Stolen firearm

I just found this site - - - not sure how good it is but good idea

http://www.stolenweapon.com/

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-05-2012, 01:22 PM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

It'll only be as good as the amount of participation becomes. I had a gun recently stolen while in one of my son's posession and am glad to see something like this.

The system in place now sure makes certain that you provide information when you take posession of a handgun, but if one gets taken, little concern about getting info about it out there where it may do some good. If the theft is reported, yes, it gets out on the NCIC, but that only comes into play if it gets recovered by police or is used and then recovered during the commission of a crime. I know as a dealer, and I'm far from alone on this sentiment, there really needs to be a more accessable database of stolen weapons out there to be accessable by others than just law enforcement. Hell, some skell can easily try to sell a stolen gun at any shop or pawn broker's and there's no way for the dealer to know if it's hot or not. Private citizens should have access to this info as private party sales of firearms are up also. You could be buying a hot gun from another party and never know it.

My hat's off to whomever set this up.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #3

I hope this go as well I have had 2 weapons stolen reciently ( loaned to a friend so he could teach his wife to shoot and his house was robbed - - insurance paid off but one of them was my duty weapon for several years on the sheriff's dept and I want it back! )

So if anyone runs acorss a Smith & Wesson SS357 model # 66-1 Serial # 9K5090 I really want it back and I would pay to put the SOB behind bars.

I also want my Smith & Wesson model # 22A-1 Serial # UBP8757 back but there is no real attachment to it.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1989 Times on 1078 Posts
Likes Given: 592

It is a start but it needs an organized data base by make and type. You need to be able to go in and bring up S&W 66 .357 and see a list of serial numbers.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 03-05-2012, 04:00 PM   #5

I just filled out the info for a "free membership" and it took about 3 hours for the reply to my email - - - I then started to list my stolen firearms and it will cost $12.99 to do so.

If that had been posted on the home page I would probably have done so, but on the home page it states over and over it's free.

I did not list mine and I'm now done with the site - - - I hate "Bait & Switch"

I will now probably get a bunch of spam - - - I guess I should keep a seperate email account for this type of thing!