STI tells Kalifornia to stick it!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > STI tells Kalifornia to stick it!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2008, 02:58 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default STI tells Kalifornia to stick it!

STI is a manufacturer of pistols, most 1911 style, that has been around for awhile. They are not big, nor are they omni-present in the marketplace, which makes this move on their part all that more respect worthy in my eyes.

" Cessation of California Firearm Sales

As a company, STI adhered to California’s drop test certification and DOJ listing process in 1998 for the people in competition shooting and for those who desired self-protection DESPITE the financial strain placed on a small company such as ours. Listing our two most popular firearm models was not an inexpensive undertaking. We even redesigned our compensator systems to adhere to the CA “no threaded barrel” law. Then CA’s onerous liability laws were enacted and we chose at that time not to renew certification nor to sell to LEO and governmental agencies in CA, regardless of their exempt
status, because there was no exemption from liability or legal fees which could bankrupt this company.

When federal law overrode CA’s liability laws, we resumed LE sales because we felt our product could be used to LE’s advantage. With the micro stamping bill, we as a company have decided enough is enough.
While our sales to Law Enforcement agencies are not huge, all revenue sources are important to a company of our size and it hurts us to turn our backs on those revenues.

While we truly feel badly for the law-abiding citizens of California, we feel it is necessary to take a stand against irresponsible legislation designed solely to inhibit the American citizen’s right to keep arms. We are fierce proponents of the Second Amendment, and it is our hope that other manufacturers will follow our lead.

It is time for the gun industry as a whole to take a stand against the insanity of the anti-2nd Amendment activists. We simply believe that some things are more important than profit.

In all honesty, when we made this decision we had no idea of the responses, both positive and negative, it would evoke. We just did what we thought was right and, because of our size, didn’t really expect much notice. Since we announced this new policy however, we have been deluged by customers
contacting us to show their support and by others who consider it a “stunt” of some type.

We greatly appreciate all of the supporting comments and would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to express, even contrary, opinions. We do understand that this action on our part will have little effect on California’s criminal or political element.

To our loyal supporters in California, we sincerely regret the measures we feel we must take and will continue to honor all warrantee obligations. We hope for a speedy resolution of this ill-conceived violation of the Second Amendment."

I shot them an e-mail expressing my admiration for their stand. Maybe a few of you could do the same and let them know they made a wise choice in the eyes of the gun owning populous.

JD

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-25-2008, 03:01 PM   #2

I will be glad to send them an e-mail!

edit:Checked out there site, the only contact I found was the sales dept. What e-mail address did you use?

Last edited by Doug1627; 04-25-2008 at 03:03 PM.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:13 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug1627 View Post
I will be glad to send them an e-mail!

edit:Checked out there site, the only contact I found was the sales dept. What e-mail address did you use?
That's the one I used - it was all I could find also. Sent an e-mail last night I already received a response thanking me for my support.

D

Old 04-25-2008, 04:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
That's the one I used - it was all I could find also. Sent an e-mail last night I already received a response thanking me for my support.

D
Alright. I will send one now! Thanks for the post Dillenger!

Old 04-25-2008, 04:32 PM   #5

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

I'll try and get an email out to them some times today

Old 04-27-2008, 08:22 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I enjoyed hearing about this so much I started carrying STI's LS line of handguns!

Old 05-19-2008, 07:50 AM   #7

Default Caving in

This is exactly the response that the Libs wanted. That is, no more handgun sales in Kalifornia. Make sure that this also includes the police and the military in Kalifornia.

Of course this is a silly law and is easily gotten around if someone wants to use the gun in a crime. Just change the barrel and firing pin. Or, polish the end of the firing pin and wire brush the firing chamber. This is much easier than removing the serial number from the frame. They know this and passed the law anyway. Of course lawabiding citizens would not do this modification. There would be no reason for them to do this.

Soon there will be so many numbers on bullets and cases that they will write over each other. What with the upcoming proposed ammo serialization/encoding law.

Yes, what if the microstamped number actually does write over the encoding number? Humm..........Maybe the encoding number will be on the base of the shell. Oh well. Here we go.

Old 05-19-2008, 05:06 PM   #8

Amen to STI for having a backbone and telling those dumbass liberals to shove it up their a** there stupid laws

I will try to get an email off to them asap......................

IN A WORLD OF COMPROMISE SOME DON'T H&K
GOD BLESS THE SECOND AMENDMENT :D :D
GOD BLESS THE NRA :D :D
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
VOTE PRO GUN ONLY
SUPPORT THE SECOND AMENDMENT

Old 05-19-2008, 08:40 PM   #9

Even though this is the response that the anti-gun libs want they likely did not want the sales to law enforcement to stop.

Every firearm manufacturer should refuse to sell to any law enforcement agency within Kalifornia. Even if they do re-tool for this microstamping farce they should sell only to private citizens. Of course law enforcemnt personnel may purchase their own privately owned guns, but these fiream manufacturing companies should not sell especially to any Kalifornia State agency such as the Kalifornia Highway Patrol, State Marshals, Kalifornia Department of Justice , etc. Let them use revolvers.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:00 PM   #10

Email sent. I may just have to buy a gun from them just to show support.

Liberals And Moderates Hate Me!!

Just remember, Hitler gave great speeches too.