Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Steve Stockman responds!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 05:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3680 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Default Steve Stockman responds!

I got an email back from a rep, Steve Stockman... Someone clearly on our side...

Thank you so much for taking the time to write to me. I really wish I could personally respond to every one, but I have received literally THOUSANDS of messages, emails and phone calls. They are running 25 to 1 in favor of my efforts to block, defund and overturn Obama's Executive Orders, and seek impeachment if that's what is necessary. Even many Democrats oppose his illegal actions.

Obama is angry at me. Obama's anti-gun extremists are targeting me for defeat and trying to bully people into opposing me.

His supporters are leaving vulgar and sexually explicit emails and phone calls, and even talking about shooting me, shooting my family, killing children and blowing up the Capitol -- in the name of gun control.

I won't back down. I am trying to build a national grassroots movement to stop Obama. Could you please go to https://rally.org/congressmanstevestockman/donate and chip in $10 or more to help me stop Obama's gun grab?

Also, be sure to include me, and our country, on your prayer lists. And please share this.

-- Steve

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-20-2013, 05:29 PM   #2

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I like...
But, he's already paid to do his job... Why is he asking for money? I mean, is it a donation to somewhere? If so, where?

Personally, I feel one of my biggest rewards for doing my job... is keeping my job...

I'm not against a donation. Just wondering who it's going to.

ETA: I kinda get the impression it would go towards a reelection campaign fund. Nuttin wrong with that, donating money to the campaign funds of an official you want to see get reelected...

Old 01-20-2013, 05:50 PM   #3

Liked 3680 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

That's what I'm thinking. But I'm cool with that.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 01-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #4

Liked 180 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 129

We prayed for all of our constitution loving politicians this morning. I dont mind sending a few bucks if it will help us keep our God given rights.

Old 01-20-2013, 07:42 PM   #5

Liked 208 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 289

Trip, your signature about "come if you must...." who said that? I have been meaning to ask, but keep. forgetting.

Old 01-20-2013, 07:42 PM   #6

Liked 32 Times on 21 Posts

I like that guy !!!

Old 01-20-2013, 09:43 PM   #7

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyChadwell View Post
Trip, your signature about "come if you must...." who said that? I have been meaning to ask, but keep. forgetting.
I don't remember where I got it from. I may have said it myself, or I may have heard it somewhere.

I just put it in google, and the only source I can find is me. But I don't normally come up with such things. I was either really, really drunk, or got it from somewhere else.

Last edited by trip286; 01-20-2013 at 09:46 PM.
People Like This 
Old 01-21-2013, 01:41 AM   #8

Liked 208 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I don't remember where I got it from. I may have said it myself, or I may have heard it somewhere.

I just put it in google, and the only source I can find is me. But I don't normally come up with such things. I was either really, really drunk, or got it from somewhere else.
I like that answer about as much as I like the saying!!

Old 01-21-2013, 04:42 PM   #9

Liked 225 Times on 140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

I believe I'll name my Dan Wesson Jordan...

Old 01-21-2013, 09:41 PM   #10

Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Don't mean to be rude by asking, but is anyone donating?

I'm with Trip286 - don't mind giving some $$ (although I don't have much) but am wondering what he's using it for?