Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Steve Stockman responds! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/steve-stockman-responds-81945/)

Mosin 01-20-2013 05:22 PM

Steve Stockman responds!

I got an email back from a rep, Steve Stockman... Someone clearly on our side...

Thank you so much for taking the time to write to me. I really wish I could personally respond to every one, but I have received literally THOUSANDS of messages, emails and phone calls. They are running 25 to 1 in favor of my efforts to block, defund and overturn Obama's Executive Orders, and seek impeachment if that's what is necessary. Even many Democrats oppose his illegal actions.

Obama is angry at me. Obama's anti-gun extremists are targeting me for defeat and trying to bully people into opposing me.

His supporters are leaving vulgar and sexually explicit emails and phone calls, and even talking about shooting me, shooting my family, killing children and blowing up the Capitol -- in the name of gun control.

I won't back down. I am trying to build a national grassroots movement to stop Obama. Could you please go to https://rally.org/congressmanstevestockman/donate and chip in $10 or more to help me stop Obama's gun grab?

Also, be sure to include me, and our country, on your prayer lists. And please share this.

-- Steve

trip286 01-20-2013 05:29 PM

I like...
But, he's already paid to do his job... Why is he asking for money? I mean, is it a donation to somewhere? If so, where?

Personally, I feel one of my biggest rewards for doing my job... is keeping my job...

I'm not against a donation. Just wondering who it's going to.

ETA: I kinda get the impression it would go towards a reelection campaign fund. Nuttin wrong with that, donating money to the campaign funds of an official you want to see get reelected...

Mosin 01-20-2013 05:50 PM

That's what I'm thinking. But I'm cool with that.

bamashooter68 01-20-2013 07:09 PM

We prayed for all of our constitution loving politicians this morning. I dont mind sending a few bucks if it will help us keep our God given rights.

CaseyChadwell 01-20-2013 07:42 PM

Trip, your signature about "come if you must...." who said that? I have been meaning to ask, but keep. forgetting.

shaker 01-20-2013 07:42 PM

I like that guy !!!

trip286 01-20-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaseyChadwell (Post 1102562)
Trip, your signature about "come if you must...." who said that? I have been meaning to ask, but keep. forgetting.

I don't remember where I got it from. I may have said it myself, or I may have heard it somewhere.

I just put it in google, and the only source I can find is me. But I don't normally come up with such things. I was either really, really drunk, or got it from somewhere else.

CaseyChadwell 01-21-2013 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 1102720)
I don't remember where I got it from. I may have said it myself, or I may have heard it somewhere.

I just put it in google, and the only source I can find is me. But I don't normally come up with such things. I was either really, really drunk, or got it from somewhere else.

I like that answer about as much as I like the saying!! :)

Jstrong 01-21-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286

I believe I'll name my Dan Wesson Jordan...

VoodooSouth 01-21-2013 09:41 PM

Don't mean to be rude by asking, but is anyone donating?

I'm with Trip286 - don't mind giving some $$ (although I don't have much) but am wondering what he's using it for?