Statistics on CCW vs Criminal Use of Guns - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Statistics on CCW vs Criminal Use of Guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 06:32 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2493 Times on 1422 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
Just to clarify, Lott's book is based on the entire (repeat, ENTIRE) FBI statistical database as of the publication of his paper. He has had to defend the results against claims made by Gun Control Inc. which claim opposite results. The Gun Control Inc. results are based on a very carefully selected subset of that database. The subset is so small that no realistic conclusion of (mathematically) statistical significance can be made.

At the time of Lott's paper and book, about 33 states had shall issue CCW laws. His paper covered a period where several of these states had recently passed CCW shall issue legislation. He was able to demonstrate in the statistics for each of those states that the same pattern occurred. First, CCW shall issue was passed. Second, a large number of LACs obtained such permits. Third, when the number of LACs carrying CCW increased by a significant amount, the crime rates went down. This pattern did not occur once in a while, or some of the time. Not even most of the time. The pattern occurred EVERY time.

Like I said in an earlier post ... Add Mr. Lott to your list of superheroes!!! And get a copy of his book!
I'm sorry, proper understanding of my post does require the ability to add small numbers.