States are standing up
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > States are standing up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Default States are standing up

SB 63 and HB4457 in Michigan would would nullify a large number of unconstitutional federal gun laws. HB4457 reads, in part: “A public servant or dealer that sells a firearm in this state shall not enforce or attempt to enforce any act, law, statute, rule, or regulation of the United States government relating to a personal firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition that is owned or manufactured exclusively within the borders of this state.”

Many states have similar bills being introduced. If you support these, tell your representatives immediately!
----------

This was my email:

I STRONGLY urge each and every one of you to vote YES on HB4457. It is up the the people of Michigan, not the federal government, to decide their own destiny. Voting yes on this bill is critical to the preservation of the right to keep and bear arms as protected under the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution of the United States as well as the sovereignty of the State of Michigan as protected under the 10th Amendment. I and the people of Michigan will not stand for erroneous federal overreach. I strongly urge those voted in by the people of Michigan to abide by and uphold the Constitution to in fact do so. The federal government needs to be reminded that it works for the people and the states. My 2014 vote will depend on how these issues are resolved

I would like to be kept in contact on the progress of this bill.
-----------
In writing my Local rep, I have received personal letters (mail not email) hand signed and have also started developing a personal relationship. You CAN make a difference.

Stop the virus before you're infected so you don't have to seek treatment after the damage has been done.

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-07-2013, 10:19 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5938 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 5496

Wyoming has the same law.

The question is whether or not it's enforceable.

Even if it's not, it's a nice gesture.

Winston Churchill
gmaster456 Likes This 
Old 04-07-2013, 10:55 PM   #3

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Wyoming has the same law.

The question is whether or not it's enforceable.

Even if it's not, it's a nice gesture.
It's nice to know it's still possible to actually be represented.

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity