States Fighting Back~ - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > States Fighting Back~

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 10:04 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

How many guns should we be limited to? One, three, a thousand? How many rounds should our magazines hold? The question is not need. We are a free people that should be able to buy as many or as few as we deem fit. It is called self governance for a reason. Only I can judge that number accurately for myself. Any law that limits the number of weapons or rounds is arbitrary.

It is not about violence, it is about control. Not viable control honestly but still another excuse to interfere with our lives.

I may upset a few people but is like the minimum wage argument. Should it be 9 dollars or 7 dollars an hour. Why not a 100 dollars an hour? In the end it is arbitrary and intrusive.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:09 PM   #22
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2680 Times on 1304 Posts
Likes Given: 1338

robo,

You are absolutely CORRECT! As a young Deputy Sheriff my first duty gun was a S&W Model 27 5". I carried on duty for the first month. And one night after working in a storm rust had formed on it almost immediately and pitted through the bluing on the barrel. When I cleaned it the blue came off those areas. Being very upset because it should not have done that, I contacted S&W the next morning. They had me send it back into the factory, as I borrowed a duty gun to work with while it was gone. When I got it back, it had the most beautiful deep, almost black shinny blue finish on it that I had ever seen. Anyway I do not know why but years ago for some reason I parted with it. It had the smooth wide trigger and the target hammer on it with beautiful Rosewood Grips. I was flat stupid for letting it go! Can not even remember why I did. But to go with your comment! I was sorry for years that I ever parted with it. And being my first duty revolver it should have had sentimental value? I found one in Nashville TN. just like her two years ago! I think I paid $225.00 for the original one but I do not wish to tell you what I paid for this one. Some would think I was stupid but I could not resist. They are one of the most fantastic revolvers ever made! A thing of beauty with the N Frame! But now this second one is mine and I will not sell it! Still wished I would have kept my original one and also I could find my original duty belt and holster in brown basket weave made by William G. Clark of Pendleton IN. That would be a needle in the haystack if I ever were to locate it. I need a good 5" holster if you ever know where to get one.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 02-19-2013, 10:28 PM   #23

Liked 206 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
I live in the U.K. and understand the 2nd, however, I often wonder why many gun owners NEED so many guns/rifles.
Jungleman.
I don't feel the NEED to explain American freedoms to a member of a country whose citizenry has laid down and cowered to monarchs for hundreds of years AND let them implement draconian gun laws/bans in the process. We do not need to give the Queen a "reason" why we need own guns, we proved that to you a good while back.

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

People Like This 
Old 02-19-2013, 11:45 PM   #24

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03
robo,

You are absolutely CORRECT! As a young Deputy Sheriff my first duty gun was a S&W Model 27 5". I carried on duty for the first month. And one night after working in a storm rust had formed on it almost immediately and pitted through the bluing on the barrel. When I cleaned it the blue came off those areas. Being very upset because it should not have done that, I contacted S&W the next morning. They had me send it back into the factory, as I borrowed a duty gun to work with while it was gone. When I got it back, it had the most beautiful deep, almost black shinny blue finish on it that I had ever seen. Anyway I do not know why but years ago for some reason I parted with it. It had the smooth wide trigger and the target hammer on it with beautiful Rosewood Grips. I was flat stupid for letting it go! Can not even remember why I did. But to go with your comment! I was sorry for years that I ever parted with it. And being my first duty revolver it should have had sentimental value? I found one in Nashville TN. just like her two years ago! I think I paid $225.00 for the original one but I do not wish to tell you what I paid for this one. Some would think I was stupid but I could not resist. They are one of the most fantastic revolvers ever made! A thing of beauty with the N Frame! But now this second one is mine and I will not sell it! Still wished I would have kept my original one and also I could find my original duty belt and holster in brown basket weave made by William G. Clark of Pendleton IN. That would be a needle in the haystack if I ever were to locate it. I need a good 5" holster if you ever know where to get one.

Feel the same about my 28-2, not as flashy as the 27 but it's a S&W masterpiece.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Sniper03 Likes This 
Old 02-20-2013, 03:20 AM   #25

Liked 125 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Feel the same about my 28-2, not as flashy as the 27 but it's a S&W masterpiece.
I had an S&W Model 13, 4" that was my personal gun but I also used it when I worked for Wells & Fargo Armored Car Div. because the issued M-64 was a beat up POS. That little K-Frame shot better then any revolver that I ever owned before or since. I sold it, bought it back then sold it a second time and I still really miss that gun.
This is the War Room!"

Old 02-20-2013, 03:49 AM   #26
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2230 Times on 1354 Posts
Likes Given: 2399

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
I live in the U.K. and understand the 2nd, however, I often wonder why many gun owners NEED so many guns/rifles.
Jungleman.
We need them because government can become tyrannical, as ours seems to be in the process of doing.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

People Like This 
Old 02-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
Jungleman,

There are a lot of reasons why some of us have several guns.

1. It is our Constitutional Right. The Constitution and the Second Amendment protects those rights.
2. It keeps the American People safe from a Tyrannical Government
3. Years ago they won our freedom from the United Kingdom (No reflection on you!)
4. In World War II it was a proven fact that the only reason the Japanese did not attack the American home land was that Yamamoto and high officer with the Japanese Army stated "We should not attack the American homeland because there would be a weapon behind every blade of grass in America! Which proved it was the sheer number of American citizens and all their firepower that prevented invasion on American soil. And proved they were more afraid of the American citizens than they were the American Military.
5. Some of us have several weapons that are heirlooms and have been passed down for years in the families! And while we are on that issue. Most Americans would be willing to die to protect them! If they want my grandfathers weapons they will get them but not the way they want!
6. Some of us are avid shooters in several disciplines and categories which requires various weapons.
7. Many hunt various types and sizes of game in the field which requires a weapon for each
8. Some just simply like weapons for the sake of collecting them and admiring their craftsmanship.
9. Various weapons for personal protection and conditions. Larger pistols in cold weather and possibly smaller in warm or hot weather so they can be easily concealed.
10. Weapons can be used for bartering should terrible times come about.
11. Various weapons for adults vs young children depending on stature and size reasons
12. For investment! I have some that have matured value wise. Some over 300+% since the day I purchased them. Try to get that kind of return on money from a bank or investment!

Sorry Jungleman for the lengthy comments below. But regarding your question here are some additional thoughts to reveal how we feel about our Second Amendment Rights. And what is going on at the present time regarding the shooters and companies standing thier ground. I think it is FANTASTIC!

Anyway, the bottom line is we are Americans and have Constitutional and Second Amendment Rights! Which we will defend! Wish you did as well! Come to America and enjoy Freedom at least in most states! By the way, do not move to Colorado, New York, California, Illinois, Ohio and some of the other Liberal eastern states. The liberals there are getting ready to have there own specific share of major problems for attacking the gun owners and manufacturers here in the USA. Companies are advising the sales of restricted and ban products will apply also to law enforcement sales! No special weapons or special treatment. They will not sell anything to anyone in that state that is in violation of the imposed ban. Other Governors of other states are inviting the companies who are looking at relocating to relocate in their states who are more Second Amendment friendly and offering tax advantages! *That is POing the Liberal. I have contacted Congresswoman Diane Black and Senator Bob Corker regarding offering invitations for the companies to possibly relocate in Tennessee! For those liberal states, I hope they enjoy loosing their tax base the companies and some of the citizens who will also be relocating with the company. One company this week who employs 600 people are planning on moving their company out of Colorado! Hurray for them!!!! Magpul! Others are in the process, which will result for tax loss and higher unemployment issues as the companies leave their idiotic anti-Second Amendment States. Most of them (Democratic States) who are already on the brink of bankruptcy at the present! "They deserve what the get"! And I hope they pay dearly! Those companies taking a stand and or relocating will certainly get my business in the future. I own a weapon related training company, My Instructors and I will no longer be presenting any classes in any of the states that have taken this liberal anti Second Amendment postion on our weapons! Claiming an Asualt Rifle Ban! We conduct about 55-65 schools per year. I do not need their business. There are too many pro Second Amendment good states that request our schools. We just advised the State of New York "today" we would not anylonger consider do any schools in their state under the present conditions until things changed. Not looking for that in the near future. This is the same state that banned "Large Cokes" and one Mayor (NYC) wanted to take infamil baby formula off the shelf in an attempt to force or promote breast feeding. Screwed up? I would say a Big YES! Wouldn't you!

Sniper03. Many thanks for the most sensible and instructive answer to my question.This was not to de debase your 2nd, but as a retired Police Firearms Officer, I just wanted to know the answer to my simple question most admirably answered by your good self.
Thank you.
Jungleman.

There is no such thing as a problem,only a solution.