There are a lot of reasons why some of us have several guns.
1. It is our Constitutional Right. The Constitution and the Second Amendment protects those rights.
2. It keeps the American People safe from a Tyrannical Government
3. Years ago they won our freedom from the United Kingdom (No reflection on you!)
4. In World War II it was a proven fact that the only reason the Japanese did not attack the American home land was that Yamamoto and high officer with the Japanese Army stated "We should not attack the American homeland because there would be a weapon behind every blade of grass in America! Which proved it was the sheer number of American citizens and all their firepower that prevented invasion on American soil. And proved they were more afraid of the American citizens than they were the American Military.
5. Some of us have several weapons that are heirlooms and have been passed down for years in the families! And while we are on that issue. Most Americans would be willing to die to protect them! If they want my grandfathers weapons they will get them but not the way they want!
6. Some of us are avid shooters in several disciplines and categories which requires various weapons.
7. Many hunt various types and sizes of game in the field which requires a weapon for each
8. Some just simply like weapons for the sake of collecting them and admiring their craftsmanship.
9. Various weapons for personal protection and conditions. Larger pistols in cold weather and possibly smaller in warm or hot weather so they can be easily concealed.
10. Weapons can be used for bartering should terrible times come about.
11. Various weapons for adults vs young children depending on stature and size reasons
12. For investment! I have some that have matured value wise. Some over 300+% since the day I purchased them. Try to get that kind of return on money from a bank or investment!
Sorry Jungleman for the lengthy comments below. But regarding your question here are some additional thoughts to reveal how we feel about our Second Amendment Rights. And what is going on at the present time regarding the shooters and companies standing thier ground. I think it is FANTASTIC!
Anyway, the bottom line is we are Americans and have Constitutional and Second Amendment Rights! Which we will defend! Wish you did as well! Come to America and enjoy Freedom at least in most states! By the way, do not move to Colorado, New York, California, Illinois, Ohio and some of the other Liberal eastern states. The liberals there are getting ready to have there own specific share of major problems for attacking the gun owners and manufacturers here in the USA. Companies are advising the sales of restricted and ban products will apply also to law enforcement sales! No special weapons or special treatment. They will not sell anything to anyone in that state that is in violation of the imposed ban. Other Governors of other states are inviting the companies who are looking at relocating to relocate in their states who are more Second Amendment friendly and offering tax advantages! *That is POing the Liberal. I have contacted Congresswoman Diane Black and Senator Bob Corker regarding offering invitations for the companies to possibly relocate in Tennessee! For those liberal states, I hope they enjoy loosing their tax base the companies and some of the citizens who will also be relocating with the company. One company this week who employs 600 people are planning on moving their company out of Colorado! Hurray for them!!!! Magpul! Others are in the process, which will result for tax loss and higher unemployment issues as the companies leave their idiotic anti-Second Amendment States. Most of them (Democratic States) who are already on the brink of bankruptcy at the present! "They deserve what the get"! And I hope they pay dearly!
Those companies taking a stand and or relocating will certainly get my business in the future. I own a weapon related training company, My Instructors and I will no longer be presenting any classes in any of the states that have taken this liberal anti Second Amendment postion on our weapons! Claiming an Asualt Rifle Ban! We conduct about 55-65 schools per year. I do not need their business. There are too many pro Second Amendment good states that request our schools. We just advised the State of New York "today" we would not anylonger consider do any schools in their state under the present conditions until things changed. Not looking for that in the near future. This is the same state that banned "Large Cokes" and one Mayor (NYC) wanted to take infamil baby formula off the shelf in an attempt to force or promote breast feeding. Screwed up? I would say a Big YES! Wouldn't you!