States Fighting Back~ - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > States Fighting Back~

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 03:42 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4885 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
I live in the U.K. and understand the 2nd, however, I often wonder why many gun owners NEED so many guns/rifles.
Jungleman.
Excellent points about need but no one mentioned the most important need. The purpose of 2A Liberty is to stop tyranny "foreign or domestic", by force, if need be.

While 100 Million of us own gun... 230 Million of our neighbors do do not.

Personally, I like to collect them... And I really like the fact that if push comes to shove, not only can I outfit myself... I could also arm a dozen like minded individuals.

Hopefully that would never be necessary in the Land of the Free, bit these days, once can never quite tell.

Tack
Old 02-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2144 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Quote:
I live in the U.K. and understand the 2nd, however, I often wonder why many gun owners NEED so many guns/rifles.
Jungleman.
It's called freedom man. Why do coin collectors need so many coins? Why not just one, really nice and rare coin.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:58 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Jungleman.
It is obvious, by your statement, that you do not understand the Second
Amendment. The Second Amendment was written so that the citizenry
could when needed, take back our government from tyrants!

Other than my wife; How many guns I own, how much ammo I own is
nobody's business.

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-19-2013, 04:23 PM   #14

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleman
Jungleman.
Because need is a personal decision. There is no needs test in the 2nd Amendment so everyone is free to determine how many is enough. Personally I see no need for Piers Morgan to be on TV, there are plenty of like-minded hosts with similar shows but I respect his 1st Amendment rights as I expect him to respect mine.

Living in the UK I suspect that you are familiar with the rights protected by our Constitution but you have never really experienced them and cannot fully appreciate the lengths that many of us here in America will go to preserve and protect them.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Last edited by Jpyle; 02-19-2013 at 04:29 PM.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #15

Liked 379 Times on 235 Posts
Likes Given: 156

There's no need to even answer the question.

01100011011011110110110101100101001000000110000101 10111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110 01010010000001110100011010000110010101101101

Old 02-19-2013, 04:50 PM   #16
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1082 Times on 571 Posts
Likes Given: 635

It is not a bill of needs, it is a "Bill of Rights".

Old 02-19-2013, 04:58 PM   #17

Liked 177 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Michigan is more or less putting up bills that say if our constitutional rights are infringed upon,than the contract we made with America to be a part of the united states would be void...or something along those lines.

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Shade Likes This 
Old 02-19-2013, 08:23 PM   #18
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2598 Times on 1268 Posts
Likes Given: 1299

Jungleman,

There are a lot of reasons why some of us have several guns.

1. It is our Constitutional Right. The Constitution and the Second Amendment protects those rights.
2. It keeps the American People safe from a Tyrannical Government
3. Years ago they won our freedom from the United Kingdom (No reflection on you!)
4. In World War II it was a proven fact that the only reason the Japanese did not attack the American home land was that Yamamoto and high officer with the Japanese Army stated "We should not attack the American homeland because there would be a weapon behind every blade of grass in America! Which proved it was the sheer number of American citizens and all their firepower that prevented invasion on American soil. And proved they were more afraid of the American citizens than they were the American Military.
5. Some of us have several weapons that are heirlooms and have been passed down for years in the families! And while we are on that issue. Most Americans would be willing to die to protect them! If they want my grandfathers weapons they will get them but not the way they want!
6. Some of us are avid shooters in several disciplines and categories which requires various weapons.
7. Many hunt various types and sizes of game in the field which requires a weapon for each
8. Some just simply like weapons for the sake of collecting them and admiring their craftsmanship.
9. Various weapons for personal protection and conditions. Larger pistols in cold weather and possibly smaller in warm or hot weather so they can be easily concealed.
10. Weapons can be used for bartering should terrible times come about.
11. Various weapons for adults vs young children depending on stature and size reasons
12. For investment! I have some that have matured value wise. Some over 300+% since the day I purchased them. Try to get that kind of return on money from a bank or investment!

Sorry Jungleman for the lengthy comments below. But regarding your question here are some additional thoughts to reveal how we feel about our Second Amendment Rights. And what is going on at the present time regarding the shooters and companies standing thier ground. I think it is FANTASTIC!

Anyway, the bottom line is we are Americans and have Constitutional and Second Amendment Rights! Which we will defend! Wish you did as well! Come to America and enjoy Freedom at least in most states! By the way, do not move to Colorado, New York, California, Illinois, Ohio and some of the other Liberal eastern states. The liberals there are getting ready to have there own specific share of major problems for attacking the gun owners and manufacturers here in the USA. Companies are advising the sales of restricted and ban products will apply also to law enforcement sales! No special weapons or special treatment. They will not sell anything to anyone in that state that is in violation of the imposed ban. Other Governors of other states are inviting the companies who are looking at relocating to relocate in their states who are more Second Amendment friendly and offering tax advantages! *That is POing the Liberal. I have contacted Congresswoman Diane Black and Senator Bob Corker regarding offering invitations for the companies to possibly relocate in Tennessee! For those liberal states, I hope they enjoy loosing their tax base the companies and some of the citizens who will also be relocating with the company. One company this week who employs 600 people are planning on moving their company out of Colorado! Hurray for them!!!! Magpul! Others are in the process, which will result for tax loss and higher unemployment issues as the companies leave their idiotic anti-Second Amendment States. Most of them (Democratic States) who are already on the brink of bankruptcy at the present! "They deserve what the get"! And I hope they pay dearly! Those companies taking a stand and or relocating will certainly get my business in the future. I own a weapon related training company, My Instructors and I will no longer be presenting any classes in any of the states that have taken this liberal anti Second Amendment postion on our weapons! Claiming an Asualt Rifle Ban! We conduct about 55-65 schools per year. I do not need their business. There are too many pro Second Amendment good states that request our schools. We just advised the State of New York "today" we would not anylonger consider do any schools in their state under the present conditions until things changed. Not looking for that in the near future. This is the same state that banned "Large Cokes" and one Mayor (NYC) wanted to take infamil baby formula off the shelf in an attempt to force or promote breast feeding. Screwed up? I would say a Big YES! Wouldn't you!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

People Like This 
Old 02-19-2013, 08:38 PM   #19
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2847 Times on 1485 Posts
Likes Given: 251

To me, firearms are useful precision works of art. Much like fine time pieces. The craftsmanship of a classic N-frame S&W revolver is timeless.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

People Like This 
Old 02-19-2013, 08:59 PM   #20

Liked 134 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
To me, firearms are useful precision works of art. Much like fine time pieces. The craftsmanship of a classic N-frame S&W revolver is timeless.
very well put Robo....

I like to compare them to the models I made as a kid, except they're metal with a more serious working function, an engineers daydream, granted their function requires an adult attitude with regards to their safe handling and usage, but so does working with electricity, gas engines, race cars, and sharp knives....likely a plethora of similar comparable examples.