Starbucks Now Anti-gun - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Starbucks Now Anti-gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1546 Times on 901 Posts
Likes Given: 2491

They are not banning guns, they have simply requested that people not go in their stores brandishing weapons, acting like fools, and intimidating the rest of the customers. They never claimed that their stores are exclusively for gun nuts. Carrying a gun for legitimate purposes, such as self-defense, is one thing, but to dress up like a storm trooper or a TV cowboy hero and make a special trip to go in there to be an obnoxious fool will drive other customers away. And from the news article, it is still OK to carry a gun concealed in Starbucks, but just don't make a fool of yourself trying to impress customers who go in there for a cup of coffee.
People Like This 
Old 09-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #12

Liked 4803 Times on 2686 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Starbucks has not banned open carry. They have requested that you do not carry in their stores. They were not making a show out of open carry just quietly respecting gun rights. Open carry proponents created an issue with "Appreciation" days which were not needed.
If Open Carry is a Constitutional Right why do you need an appreciation day? McDonalds Corp founders have dumped millions into gun control efforts. Why are they exempt from protest?
People Like This 
Old 09-18-2013, 03:00 PM   #13

Liked 570 Times on 384 Posts

My local news today said that Starbucks is no longer accepting Gun's inside their stores they also said you would have to check them in at the front door how the hell would they do that.

said customers are getting nervous with all the people open carry and conceal carry in their store.

I say randomly go in the store with a hoodie on and a mask on stand in line holding a piece of paper like you're gonna rob the place then see how comfortable they feel.
People Like This 
Old 09-18-2013, 03:02 PM   #14

Liked 1144 Times on 735 Posts
Likes Given: 246

SBs is not against the second amendment, they are against Rambo wantobees coming in and making the place unsafe for everyone, because they know the attention grabbing crowd are far more likely, troublemakers.
People Like This 
Old 09-18-2013, 03:14 PM   #15

Liked 570 Times on 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
SBs is not against the second amendment, they are against Rambo wantobees coming in and making the place unsafe for everyone, because they know the attention grabbing crowd are far more likely, troublemakers.
Really

I would disagree anybody putting a ban on guns is against Second amendment
People Like This 
Old 09-18-2013, 03:15 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6580 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

They're not antigun. They haven't banned guns on their property. They're only asking that people stop open carrying in their stores because they're tired of people using their stores to make political statements.

Quote:
Pro-gun activists have used our stores as a political stage for media events misleadingly called “Starbucks Appreciation Days” that disingenuously portray Starbucks as a champion of “open carry.” To be clear: we do not want these events in our stores. Some anti-gun activists have also played a role in ratcheting up the rhetoric and friction, including soliciting and confronting our customers and partners.
Quote:
For these reasons, today we are respectfully requesting that customers no longer bring firearms into our stores or outdoor seating areas—even in states where “open carry” is permitted—unless they are authorized law enforcement personnel.
Quote:
This is a request and not an outright ban. Why? Because we want to give responsible gun owners the chance to respect our request
http://www.starbucks.com/blog/an-open-letter-from-howard-schultz/1268

They were forced into this debate by BOTH SIDES. They didn't want anything to do with this debate. They're a damn coffee shop. They just want to make an honest living. They choose to not ban guns because they didn't care. They decided to just abide by state and federal laws instead of imposing their own.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 09-18-2013 at 03:24 PM.
People Like This 
Old 09-18-2013, 03:39 PM   #17
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4605 Times on 2204 Posts
Likes Given: 2279

Once again it is a few idiots that just fuel the fire promoting anti-gun folks agenda. By being stupid like the guy with the tac clothing, vest, drop leg and others. This letter simply is a move to defuse a situation by SBs. I do not take it as an anti gun agenda. Notice they advise they are not going to enforce it in the stores and do not want their employees to do so. And make reference to our Second Amendment Rights. Obviously it is those that make a big deal out of it that could contribute to the situation worsening. Let a dead dog lay. And S**** the anti gunners who boycotted! I'll bet SBs lost a lot of business because of their boycott $$$$$ I will carry where I please, as long as it isn't on Aircraft and Federal Buildings. But I think open carry does cause issues and not my preference. So no one ever knows when I am carrying which is all the time. And if a perp comes in to commit a crime or shooting I will not be the main focus. Me having an advantage, by the time he realizes I have a piece he will be in deep S! I guess my thought is when a bank robbery occurs who is the first to be shot. Most of the time it is the visual armed security officer standing in the bank. Certainly it is the right to carry open carry but needs consideration and done with common sense and decency.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
--Abraham Lincoln
People Like This 
Old 09-18-2013, 03:41 PM   #18

Liked 21 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 9

This letter says they don't want guns in there, but also says they won't ask them to leave if they come in. Little contradicting.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:44 PM   #19

Liked 1963 Times on 1034 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

STOP SCARING THE SHEEP!!!

Anyone who goes out of their way to demonstrate their rights...IE-wearing a long gun into a coffee shop...is not helping things...

The ghost of KWIKRNU is alive and well and this is the result...
People Like This 
Old 09-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #20

Liked 1225 Times on 643 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I don't as that as particularly anti gun. It's not pro gun, but to make everyone who is not for guns as being against guns is, IMO, a mistake.
People Like This