Stand Your Ground and Castle Doctrine - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Stand Your Ground and Castle Doctrine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 05:40 AM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 600 Times on 357 Posts
Likes Given: 3445

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetDriver View Post
Awesome comments, thanks.

I realize that SYG was not part of the Zimmerman defense, and that is what I find amusing (sadly) about the attack on SYG.

It's another attempt at gun grabbing, yes, I fully believe that. They will milk this for all it's worth.
The reason they are attacking SYG is because they choose not to follow logic, reasoning or the law.

Plus, you can't forget the emotional aspect of this case.

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

People Like This 
Old 07-17-2013, 05:41 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimogden1984 View Post
I guess I should elaborate, by equal opportunity I mean what do you bring to the table, are you the best man/woman for the job regardless of what color you are or or what gender, who you pray to if at all.
And that's how it should be, but the way that it is enforced is more "affirmative action" than true EO.

And to clarify, AA was thrown out in my state prior to the above examples. The practice of it, however, hasn't really changed.

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 07-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #33
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6025 Times on 2981 Posts
Likes Given: 6392

Leave it to Holder to use Zim as his whipping post even though this wasnt a case of stand your ground, it was clearly Self Defense and nothing else. Ironically, TM had the chance to retrograde but chose to stand on Zim and fight to the death, Im just happy it was to his death and not Zims! Holder missed the opportunity to send good advice to those he says he cares so much for, instead he advised the rest of us to learn how to DIP (Die in place) Instead. Many Hundreds of young American Africans have been murdered by other AA's in the last year, nothing about that in his rant, no outrage that a million + American African Babies have been legally destroyed on his watch. No recognizance that millions of fatherless children are being raised in poverty created by a sexual act and left to fend for themselves. No sense of empowering AA's, just a goal of disarming everyone else!

This "white boy" was affected by racially motivated thugery in Germany in 1981 and it was literally Black on white. We were exiting a Gasthouse (Bar) in Germany at 2Am with a rack of beer in tow all drunk when a whole slew of AA's came at us one saying, "Hey White Boys, Give up the Beer!", I can still hear it echoing in my head 35 almost years later. Well, you know us white boys, we wouldnt give them the beer so they started pounding on us. One of them hit me square in the face with a full beer bottle, broke my nose and smashed my face like a MFer. I hit the ground like a brick, they took the beer and left us in pools of blood. These were American GI, attacking other American GI's in a foreign Country!

That one left an impression on me (And in my face) that left me with more questions than answers. My biggest question, why? Why would they sit in waiting for us, it wasnt just the beer, they were looking to hurt White Boys! All these years later, Im not a racist because they were, I didnt learn to hate AA's, I never felt anyone was more dangerous because of their skin color but I will not forget that they attacked us because we were white. In my 52 years of living, Ive been attacked by AA's twice, neither time did I do anything but exist to earn that.

I think Holder is seeing things through glasses that cloud his vision, if he wants to eliminate violence against AA's , he needs to include them in the solution instead of acting like its all Whiteys fault!

Last edited by WebleyFosbery38; 07-17-2013 at 11:00 AM.
People Like This 
Old 07-17-2013, 12:16 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat View Post
The head cop clown was in Orlando speaking to the NAACP and this is what he had to say on stand your ground. Here is a clue.....he does not like it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/16/eric-holder-stand-your-ground-laws_n_3606778.html
Actually, I'm not sure he really cares much for other laws ... or The Constitution for than matter...

Old 07-17-2013, 01:01 PM   #35
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

I think we would be better off disbanding the naacp. They have caused far more violence.

I don't need No stinking signature.

People Like This 
Old 07-17-2013, 01:06 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
The head cop clown was in Orlando speaking to the NAACP and this is what he had to say on stand your ground. Here is a clue.....he does not like it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/16/eric-holder-stand-your-ground-laws_n_3606778.html
Of course he doesn't like it. He doesn't need it. He has armed LEOs providing for his safety.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:13 PM   #37
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2802 Times on 1620 Posts
Likes Given: 1219

As the AG, one would think that his priorities would be to enforce laws without questioning.

I didn't know the position also allowed for condemnation of the laws he is to enforce.

(Yes officer, I do have a chicken on my head while driving, but there is not a law against my doing so.)

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

People Like This 
Old 07-17-2013, 01:34 PM   #38

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

How can "Stand Your Ground" laws have a discriminatory effect? Doesn't that implicitly assume that one identifiable group would not suffer as many casualties if their victims were required to retreat from them? Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like that assumption must be at work for that law to have a discriminatory effect. An attack or assault or serious threat is required to engage the SYG law, right?

Holder talks about the Rule of Law but it looks like he wants to punish Zimmerman for killing a black man regardless of the jury verdict.

The Dept. of Justice is asking for public help in building a civil rights case against Zimmerman:

The U.S. Department of Justice on Monday afternoon appealed to civil rights groups and community leaders, nationally and in Sanford, for help investigating whether a federal criminal case might be brought against George Zimmerman for the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, one advocate said.

The DOJ has also set up a public email address to take in tips on its civil rights investigation.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-07-16/news/os-george-zimmerman-doj-investigation_1_george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin-justice-department

That attitude and tactics seems racially motivated to me.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Last edited by Rocky7; 07-17-2013 at 01:46 PM.
People Like This 
Old 07-17-2013, 02:08 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1887 Times on 1109 Posts
Likes Given: 897

Quote:

He is NOT a cop, he is a secular progressive activist attorney!!!
The NAACP has taken the place of the KKK as the organization which is the most racist and bigoted group in the nation today. They make $$$$ by promoting their racist agenda which is very divisive and dangerous.
The 'stand your ground' law and the 'castle doctrine' are laws which favors the 'victims' in our society, not the criminals. Need I say more!!!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Last edited by JimRau; 07-17-2013 at 02:11 PM.
People Like This 
Old 07-17-2013, 02:26 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
How can "Stand Your Ground" laws have a discriminatory effect? Doesn't that implicitly assume that one identifiable group would not suffer as many casualties if their victims were required to retreat from them? Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like that assumption must be at work for that law to have a discriminatory effect. An attack or assault or serious threat is required to engage the SYG law, right?
First, you are correct about the requirements for SYG.

Second, never ever ever try to use logic, reasoning or facts when dealing with the left, they ignore them like they were the plague.

This is from the FBI 2011 murder tables (2012 isn't broken down into tables yet, I guess)...

National murders - Black victims @ 2695 where the offender was black - 2477, white - 193, other - 9 and unknown 46.

White victims @3327 where the offender is white - 2630, black - 448, other - 33 and unknown - 61.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-6

According to this, there were more whites killed in 2011 than blacks, however, there is a much larger number of blacks killing whites than there was white killing blacks.

Libs will twist this into claiming that SYG IS discriminatory because there will be less white deaths and more black deaths.

WE know this isn't a black/white issue. But they don't care, and will continue to use race to get what they want.

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Balota Likes This