Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Stand Your Ground and Castle Doctrine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2013, 03:09 AM   #201
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1748 Times on 1064 Posts
Likes Given: 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
If someone's breaking into my car, I'm confronting them with an UNholstered gun (21 feet rule). I'll be on the phone with 911, having given them the location and situation before going outside, and I'll be screaming at them (the perp) to "go away, I'm armed and on the phone with police" while keeping the connection open between myself and the emergency dispatcher.

What happens from there..."the best laid plans of mice and men..."

Is anything in my car worth killing over? No. But it ain't worth laying down and taking such a violation like a little beeyotch either.

Anyone asking "what if" questions in regards to robbery, I would guess haven't been through it. Being robbed has often been likened to being raped. I believe it. There is no greater sense of being violated in the dirtiest manner, except likely in the event of an actual rape. When you come home, and discover your SANCTUARY has been invaded, everything pulled out of its rightful place and rifled through. Some things taken, some left behind. Having your entire LIFE finger freaked by some ******* looking for something to sell for his next fix. In YOUR HOME. YOUR SAFE PLACE. YOUR SANCTUARY WHERE YOU CAN SHUT OUT THE WORLD AT WILL.

Considering I spend as much time inn my car as I do in my house, and it IS an extension of my sanctuary, I would be just as upset at someone raping that part of my life too.
As I said earlier, I'm not a lawyer. My understanding of the law is that it allows you to SYG defend yourself within your vehicle or within your home. But when you are outside your vehicle, especially already in your house, your vehicle is considered property, not sanctuary. Killing someone for trying to steal your car may not work out too well in court, where it is likely to wind up.

Personally, I think they should consider cars like they used to consider horses. Horse thieves got hung when caught or shot in the attempt to steal. But in the modern era, not many folks look at it that way. Are you willing to bet your freedom that you will get one of those few on your jury?

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 07-27-2013, 03:46 PM   #202
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1234 Times on 714 Posts
Likes Given: 1864

Thanks for the input, Balota

Old 07-31-2013, 06:54 PM   #203
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1340 Times on 792 Posts
Likes Given: 3358

My first chance to post something in months and you folks use up all the good material, WTF?

Allow me to recap:

Zimmerman aquitted for defending himself even though he should not have gotten out of the vehicle to start with... check.

The presumed Attorneys General of the good ole US of A is a complete and udder moron that cannot prosecute the current administration for violating the Constitution and Firearms trafficking, but can say that we cannot defend ourselves because it violates the civil rights of the bad guys... check.

Obubblehead is having an identity crisis, he believes that he was Trayvon 35 years ago... check.

McCain and Brewer are RINOs and pick which party that they want to represent on a daily basis... check.

The current administration only believes that the SYG law should only be used when it is not needed and only by those that they say can use it... check.

Did I forget anything?

I guess that this will teach me not to stay away for so long, huh?

How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
People Like This 
Old 07-31-2013, 07:33 PM   #204
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1234 Times on 714 Posts
Likes Given: 1864

I think you pretty well have it figured out.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:08 PM   #205
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6561 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
As I said earlier, I'm not a lawyer. My understanding of the law is that it allows you to SYG defend yourself within your vehicle or within your home. But when you are outside your vehicle, especially already in your house, your vehicle is considered property, not sanctuary. Killing someone for trying to steal your car may not work out too well in court, where it is likely to wind up.

Personally, I think they should consider cars like they used to consider horses. Horse thieves got hung when caught or shot in the attempt to steal. But in the modern era, not many folks look at it that way. Are you willing to bet your freedom that you will get one of those few on your jury?
Actually, in Texas you have the right to defend your property in certain situations.

Texas Penal Code§9.42

Quote:
A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:

(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and

(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or

(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and

(3) he reasonably believes that:

(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or

(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, Sec. 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974. Amended by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, Sec. 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 07-31-2013 at 10:11 PM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-01-2013, 12:40 AM   #206
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1803 Times on 1056 Posts
Likes Given: 872

Why should Zimmerman not have gotten out of his vehicle???

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 08-01-2013, 01:30 AM   #207
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1340 Times on 792 Posts
Likes Given: 3358

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
Well according to Fox News, he was instructed not to leave his vehicle by the 911 Operator.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-01-2013, 01:40 AM   #208
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6561 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS92A View Post
Well according to Fox News, he was instructed not to leave his vehicle by the 911 Operator.
Who had absolutely ZERO legal authority. IIRC, he was headed BACK to his vehicle when Martin attacked.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:51 AM   #209
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20860 Times on 11857 Posts
Likes Given: 52398

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS92A View Post
actually what i heard sounded more like a suggestion. the suggestion actually carries no legal authority.
Mason609 Likes This 
Old 08-01-2013, 01:46 PM   #210
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1803 Times on 1056 Posts
Likes Given: 872

This is SOP for all LE agencies. They want no liability so the standard is to tell 'civilians' not to get involved in any way. If you are a neighborhood watch participant you are instructed to 'observe and report' from a safe distance. So 'following' (not stalking, pursuing, or chasing as reported by the racist media) a suspicious person is necessary behavior to accomplish this. Zimmerman was acting in a responsible and lawful manner when he was attacked by a violent criminal who matched the description of those victimizing his neighborhood, and who was acting suspiciously (an angry young man, not an innocent child) and he was justified in using reasonable force to defend himself.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Last edited by JimRau; 08-01-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Axxe55 Likes This