Stand Your Ground and Castle Doctrine - Page 17
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Stand Your Ground and Castle Doctrine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #161
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4690 Times on 1595 Posts
Likes Given: 1442

"Blissninnies", hmmm, I think I like that and it is a good description !

NSDQ

Old 07-21-2013, 09:00 PM   #162
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2821 Times on 1400 Posts
Likes Given: 291

I just want to scream at these "issue of the week" douche-bag politicians. "Oooo I'll climb on this issue and milk it too."
What did SYG have to do with ANYTHING that has gone on in the last few years? Certainly nothing that made the national news.
Dammit, I just want to see if I could slap the stupid out of these people. I know... I'll just walk away with sore hands. Something has to be done.
Isn't this guy retiring at the end of this term? Or is it wishful thinking on my part?

NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld
People Like This 
Old 07-21-2013, 09:11 PM   #163

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

I won't keep beating this horse. But really, to blame the election of McCain on American Military vets is not fair. The Veterans are not the majority population of Arizona. Veterans are not "Lock-Step" voters. If Veterans were that powerful Obama would still be a Chicago Street Lawyer.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #164
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1583 Times on 1081 Posts
Likes Given: 546

Many of us have semi auto weapons that we have become very quick with. In self defense, over three good shots almost always puts you into excessive force. If the guy is a sumo wrestler it doesn't matter. Ask your lawyer or any officer you shoot IDPA with. The idea is to disable the attacker, not kill him. That is why Ayoob discourages reloading.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 07-21-2013, 09:45 PM   #165
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1961 Times on 1158 Posts
Likes Given: 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
Yep, he's an A-Rab.

Mas Ayoob does have some good points. What these "experts" will not tell you: If you are being tried before a jury several things unfavorable to your cause have happened:

1. The cops did not believe your story.
2. The prosecutor did not believe your story
3. The grand jury did not believe your story and/or the judge who bound you over for trail had a problem with your story.

There is little chance the jury is going to believe your story.

Get your ducks in a row before the shoot. Folks have plans for home invasions and "stand your ground" shootouts: Thats all well and good but they fail on security. Home security is everything. Folks often fail to keep the prospective home invading scumbag outside the house. If you have good security there is every chance the scumbag will not be able to get into your house. No home invader scumbag in house=no shoot out with home invading scumbag.
Details please! If you have a 'glass' in your windows and/or doors just how do you keep the person you refer to as 'invader scumbag' out?????

Also you need to be prepared for possible 'persecution' by malicious prosecution like we have seen in the Martin-Zimmerman incident! If your state is controlled by progressives even your local authorities can't do the right thing in your case, again as shown what happened in the Martin-Zimmerman incident!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 07-21-2013, 09:46 PM   #166
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2107 Times on 1139 Posts
Likes Given: 3171

Quote:
over three good shots almost always puts you into excessive force. If the guy is a sumo wrestler it doesn't matter.
Show me.

i will shoot the sumo wrestler until he no longer poses a threat; whether it takes one round or the entire magazine. One shoots to stop the threat. It makes little difference if the threat stops after one round or a dozen. Except for a very few media extravaganza cases and a very few cases of prosecutor over reaction; few legitimate self defense cases ever go to trial.

Show me where the use of reloads in a righteous self defense case was an issue.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:00 PM   #167
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5694 Times on 3218 Posts
Likes Given: 5099

I am disappointed, but not surprised, at McRino.

Winston Churchill
opaww Likes This 
Old 07-21-2013, 10:22 PM   #168
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2107 Times on 1139 Posts
Likes Given: 3171

Quote:
Details please! If you have a 'glass' in your windows and/or doors just how do you keep the person you refer to as 'invader scumbag' out?????
Lights, alarms, shrubbery with very large and numerous thorns. The thorns worked for my sister once. A would be home invader jumped off a bank go gain access to a window at the rear of the house. Cops took the scumbag to the hospital where dozens of sharp long thorns were removed from fleshy parts of his body.

The vast majority of home invasion and stand your ground killings are never prosecuted.

i have been involved on two home invasion shootings. Criminals with long records died both times. My wife and i were never arrested. In one case the prosecutor declined to prosecute my wife and i. In the other case the grand jury declined to indict me.

A few years ago a Lawton, OK man went to his Dad's home to check on something. He was met on the lawn by a huge 17 year old high school senior who was leaving the house with possessions belonging to the owner. For some reason that big dumb kid attacked the man and was shot to death. Our prosecutor declined to prosecute the case, calling it self defense.

Last edited by alsaqr; 07-21-2013 at 10:25 PM.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:24 PM   #169
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 71 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer
Many of us have semi auto weapons that we have become very quick with. In self defense, over three good shots almost always puts you into excessive force. If the guy is a sumo wrestler it doesn't matter. Ask your lawyer or any officer you shoot IDPA with. The idea is to disable the attacker, not kill him. That is why Ayoob discourages reloading.
I believe by "reloads" he's referring to "make your own rounds" not "finish mag #1, then continue shooting mag #2".

My understanding for this reasoning is to remove an element for the ignorant and overzealous prosecution ("he made his own exploding man-killing bullets to satisfy his blood-thirsty lust for violence").

Shoot until the threat is no longer a threat.

Factory rounds are good with me, they have proven, documented ballistics and reproducible results (within industry accepted standards).
Old 07-22-2013, 12:48 AM   #170

Liked 62 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post

The vast majority of home invasion and stand your ground killings are never prosecuted.

i have been involved on two home invasion shootings. Criminals with long records died both times. My wife and i were never arrested. In one case the prosecutor declined to prosecute my wife and i. In the other case the grand jury declined to indict me.

A few years ago a Lawton, OK man went to his Dad's home to check on something. He was met on the lawn by a huge 17 year old high school senior who was leaving the house with possessions belonging to the owner. For some reason that big dumb kid attacked the man and was shot to death. Our prosecutor declined to prosecute the case, calling it self defense.
Thankfully you live in a state that is run by common sense people. The three outcomes you mentioned would probably be a lot different if they happened in Leftyfornia.