Stand Your Ground and Castle Doctrine - Page 15
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Stand Your Ground and Castle Doctrine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2013, 02:26 PM   #141
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2962 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 4670

The vast majority of legitimate self defense killings never got to trial. Our former Comanche county prosecutor gave three passes in legitimate self defense shoots in one 18 month period.

The sensationalistic media has lost two cases where they made careers of demonizing the defendants. Blissninnies like Nancy Grace and that idiotic Brit guy on CNN are beside themselves that juries in the Jodias Arias and Zimmerman cases voted to acquit the defendants the media had worked so hard to convict in the court of piblic opinion.

One of the problems i have with Ayoob is his opposition to reloads for self defense. He can cite no case where reloads made the difference in a self defense trial but he keeps harping on the subject.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #142

Liked 5017 Times on 2431 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Just started another thread on this topic of Z's gun hitting the auction block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
...a scary thought on Z's Kel Tek.

What if he lists it on Gunbroker?

Famous... Infamous... and Notorious Guns have gone for big bucks in the past.

He's got to be financially strapped since the trial... and not working in almost 2 years...

Sure... it's still just a Kel Tek but... the race bating and protests are fomenting this thing into something bigger than Newtown. Personally... I expect the legislative fall out to be about the same... or less... than Newtown.

How much would Z's gun go for?

...and would Nancy Grace's head finally ACTUALLY EXPLODE if it went for 10 or 20 times it's retail value...

Tack

Old 07-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #143
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1933 Times on 1370 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default The law..........

I think They got it wrong in florida, if you are being followed on any street, and the follower fails to identify, why you should not beable to use the same law against him..............You are being threatened and fear for your life.........Any women feel this way.........Are they held going to court to prove thier innocents for shooting a rapist and muderer..............Folks, lets move on, unless the riots hit your household. Then It's shoot first and answer later, if theres still a law enforcement coming to ask questions..............

Old 07-21-2013, 03:32 PM   #144
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 10357 Times on 5530 Posts
Likes Given: 22201

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum
I think They got it wrong in florida, if you are being followed on any street, and the follower fails to identify, why you should not beable to use the same law against him..............You are being threatened and fear for your life.........Any women feel this way.........Are they held going to court to prove thier innocents for shooting a rapist and muderer........
No harm comes from being followed. If the following progresses to an attempted assault, rape, kidnapping, or other violent crime, the victim is right to defend against it. You never know when Publisher's Clearing House is coming to present your winnings or an evangelist wants to spread the gospel. Maybe a shy stranger just wants to get your number.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #145
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1933 Times on 1370 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Fed up.....................

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
No harm comes from being followed. If the following progresses to an attempted assault, rape, kidnapping, or other violent crime, the victim is right to defend against it. You never know when Publisher's Clearing House is coming to present your winnings or an evangelist wants to spread the gospel. Maybe a shy stranger just wants to get your number.
Iv'e had them all, not a gald damn one was offering money cept one, he was the local vietnamese preacher at Xmas time handing out gift certificates for hams or turkeys. And money to buy clothes if you needed it..........The rest can kiss my arse...............That means the ones that are first in line. and they know who they are.....................
Old 07-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #146
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 10357 Times on 5530 Posts
Likes Given: 22201

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum

Iv'e had them all, not a gald damn one was offering money cept one, he was the local vietnamese preacher at Xmas time handing out gift certificates for hams or turkeys. And money to buy clothes if you needed it..........The rest can kiss my arse...............That means the ones that are first in line. and they know who they are.....................
That was funny as heck.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:13 PM   #147
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 12607 Times on 5399 Posts
Likes Given: 2067

As far as being followed, ran across one where police showed up at gent's home, advised him lady had filed a stalking complaint.

She complained the he was following her to work every day, and following her home. She wanted a restraining order to make him stop.

Unfortunately, they worked for the same large business. She lived 4 doors down from him. Yep, he was following her to work every day, and following her home.
People Like This 
Old 07-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #148
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2709 Times on 1622 Posts
Likes Given: 1572

Progressive do not care about the 'law' unless it can be used to their benefit. The mere fact that Zimmerman was charged was violation of the law and his civil rights.
NEVER forget:
Progressives are the most ruthless and dishonest people on the face of the earth. They are a much bigger threat to our country and our way of life than any Muslim extremist will ever be!!!!!
People Like This 
Old 07-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #149

Liked 1397 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
Iv'e had them all, not a gald damn one was offering money cept one, he was the local vietnamese preacher at Xmas time handing out gift certificates for hams or turkeys. And money to buy clothes if you needed it..........The rest can kiss my arse...............
Yup.

Back when some boat people came to Canada, I heard some grumbling. I told my friends to be careful how much crow they piled up to eat later. The first Vietnamese refugee in my town took a labour job in the day and a night job mopping floors at a mall, even though I heard he was fairly well educated. I said then that he'd end up owning a his own home, educating his kids and moving ahead of a lot of slacker Canadians. I reckon that's what happened because after a while he wasn't mopping floors at the mall any more.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:24 PM   #150
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2962 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 4670

Default McCain Wants STG Laws Repealed

John McCain, aka Juan McAmnesty; presidential candidate who got his butt wiped by an unknown in the 2008 presidential election, now agrees with that unknown presidential candidate; Obama. Both want "stand your ground laws" repealed.

What a putrid POS McCain has become.

http://news.yahoo.com/mccain-backs-obama-s-call-for--stand-your-ground--review-153105503.html
People Like This