Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Stand Your Ground and Castle Doctrine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2013, 05:05 AM   #121
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 60 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Ayoob on is the best there is; he's an ex-cop, and one of the first training academy's for defense shooting and defensive marksmanship. Originally it was cops only, later expanded into the programs we have today.

He's on par with pioneers like Jeff Cooper, and he's been a defense shooting expert witness for decades. He's worked to successfully defends dozens, if not hundreds of self-defense shooters all over the country.

Last edited by scottmac; 07-20-2013 at 01:58 PM.
People Like This 
Old 07-20-2013, 05:43 AM   #122
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1276 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 1735

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBarrelTac View Post
It's cool if you don't I can look it up, but do you have any sources to these statistics you can share? Would be nice to read through
I was relying on Larry Elder's summary in his debate with Piers Morgan today. I've heard similar before from other sources, so I believe what Elder said.

Sorry, I can't give you any links directly to the 3% - 50% statistic. I think that would have come from him analyzing the FBI Uniform Crime Statistics and your DoJ statistics.

Here's a left-wing site that mentions: "Between 2000 and 2005 the average number of homicides per year committed by whites and blacks was 8,318 and 9,513, respectively.." They go on to bash Coulter, but let's just keep those numbers in mind for a minute.
http://americablog.com/2013/01/ann-coulter-murder-america-belgium.html

According to this site, blacks represent only 13% of your entire population. http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/00000.html

I think Elder was saying that only/mainly young males in the black population are committing all those murders - which seems right - and hence he said that the majority of your murders are committed by 3% of your population. Seems pretty plausible, doesn't it?

I did not post that to pretend any expertise in U.S. crime statistics. I have none. I have spent a fair bit of time with the FBI statistics because they are used here by our own Gun Zombies to "prove" this and that about U.S. murder rates and U.S. gun ownership rates. I've also been keenly interested in work done by Kleck, Lott and our own Mauser and Langmann.....all of which the MSM stubbornly ignores, btw.

I have found that diligent research will invariably debunk some secular progressive statistic that just doesn't pass the smell test. I believe that will the case with the "facts" now being bandied about by your liberal bottom feeders. I wish I could post an easy link or two for you but I just don't have them. If it's any consolation, there's none in my country, either. As I said, it can take some work to figure out where the smell is coming from; but if the truth is your aim then that time and effort is often richly rewarded.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Last edited by Rocky7; 07-20-2013 at 05:49 AM.
People Like This 
Old 07-20-2013, 07:05 AM   #123
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 518 Times on 307 Posts
Likes Given: 2750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
I was relying on Larry Elder's summary in his debate with Piers Morgan today. I've heard similar before from other sources, so I believe what Elder said.

Sorry, I can't give you any links directly to the 3% - 50% statistic. I think that would have come from him analyzing the FBI Uniform Crime Statistics and your DoJ statistics.

Here's a left-wing site that mentions: "Between 2000 and 2005 the average number of homicides per year committed by whites and blacks was 8,318 and 9,513, respectively.." They go on to bash Coulter, but let's just keep those numbers in mind for a minute.
http://americablog.com/2013/01/ann-coulter-murder-america-belgium.html

According to this site, blacks represent only 13% of your entire population. http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/00000.html

I think Elder was saying that only/mainly young males in the black population are committing all those murders - which seems right - and hence he said that the majority of your murders are committed by 3% of your population. Seems pretty plausible, doesn't it?

I did not post that to pretend any expertise in U.S. crime statistics. I have none. I have spent a fair bit of time with the FBI statistics because they are used here by our own Gun Zombies to "prove" this and that about U.S. murder rates and U.S. gun ownership rates. I've also been keenly interested in work done by Kleck, Lott and our own Mauser and Langmann.....all of which the MSM stubbornly ignores, btw.

I have found that diligent research will invariably debunk some secular progressive statistic that just doesn't pass the smell test. I believe that will the case with the "facts" now being bandied about by your liberal bottom feeders. I wish I could post an easy link or two for you but I just don't have them. If it's any consolation, there's none in my country, either. As I said, it can take some work to figure out where the smell is coming from; but if the truth is your aim then that time and effort is often richly rewarded.
If you go to post #18, there happens to be some nice info that I got from the FBI's Uniform Crime Report's - "Crimes in the United States" for 2011 (2012 isn't up yet). Expanded Homicide Data Table 6.

You can use those numbers to figure out the percentages. If my math is correct (which it may or may not be) the number of black on black murders nationally were 91.9% (Black victims @ 2695 where the offender was black - 2477, white - 193, other - 9 and unknown 46) HOWEVER.... that doesn't show age, so it's teens and adults mixed.

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

People Like This 
Old 07-20-2013, 07:42 AM   #124

Liked 1756 Times on 802 Posts
Likes Given: 1781

Quoted from Rocky's post.

"I have also heard that it is more likely that a white person will rely on SYG laws disproportionately to justify killing a black person. That is the statistic that those in the Victim Industry will rely upon and is probably some of the reason Jesse Jackson calls Florida an Apartheid State."

When the crime statistics show that black on white crime is 50 times higher than white on black crime, I guess you would see disproportionate numbers. That explains that number quite well I think. Please notice that is, 50 TIMES higher not 50%. Jesse Jackal never seems to use all the figures at his disposal. Figures never lie but liars always figure. I hope that helps Rocky, in case someone else confronts you with those numbers.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:29 AM   #125
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1720 Times on 970 Posts
Likes Given: 1295

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
Yep, he's an A-Rab.

Mas Ayoob does have some good points. What these "experts" will not tell you: If you are being tried before a jury several things unfavorable to your cause have happened:

1. The cops did not believe your story.
2. The prosecutor did not believe your story
3. The grand jury did not believe your story and/or the judge who bound you over for trail had a problem with your story.

There is little chance the jury is going to believe your story.
You forgot

4. The media concocts it's own story, and it must be true because you saw it on TV.

This is a major problem these days. The media is doing it's absolute best to turn us into a nation divided. If it's not a white skin/black skin division it's a red state/blue state division. Whichever they choose on any given day it is designed to sensationalize our differences. It is designed to infuriate us into intolerance of those that may be different. The media is trying to start another civil war!
Old 07-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #126

Liked 1692 Times on 1028 Posts
Likes Given: 356

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
Yep, he's an A-Rab.
He's an American. His "A-rab" ancestors got here in the 1800s. My Scottish ancestors got here in the early 1800s. My English ancestors got here in the 1700s. Dutch ancestors in the 1600s. Native ancestors way before that. What does it matter?

The guy was born and raised in the US. He speaks from a background in law enforcement, working in court with lawyers, writing and instructing in the topic of self defense for over 40 years. I'm pretty sure that is the info on the guy that matters to the relevance of this thread.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:50 PM   #127
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1238 Times on 776 Posts
Likes Given: 666

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Soo, let's recap, shall we?

When a home invader comes, we should run out of

our homes. (hopefully we remembered our cell phones,

so we can call the police, as we cringe, in the wind and

the wild) Then, when our fellow man decides to "whoop ass"

on us, out behind our house, in the cold, we should

allow ourselves to be BEATEN TO DEATH, because a

cracker owned some slaves a couple hundred years ago,

which simply means Black People are entitled to do

WHATEVER THEY WANT, FROM NOW ON, till the end of time.

Is this approximately correct?
If we allow the current narrative to prevail the answer is YES!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Last edited by JimRau; 07-20-2013 at 09:25 PM.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #128
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
When the crime statistics show that black on white crime is 50 times higher than white on black crime, I guess you would see disproportionate numbers. That explains that number quite well I think. Please notice that is, 50 TIMES higher not 50%.
That's the point I was trying to make. You put it more clearly, thx. And yes, I try to cram the truth down as many squawking progressive gullets as I come across.

rjd3282 Likes This 
Old 07-20-2013, 08:55 PM   #129

Liked 29 Times on 15 Posts

I don't feel like watching it but is it true that guy owned Piers Morgan on his show? Iv seen piers Morgan get owned on his show and his own audience go against him several times now lol

Old 07-20-2013, 09:43 PM   #130
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Yeah, Elder pretty much mauled him.