Sports "Authority"
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Sports "Authority"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 12:43 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 640 Times on 386 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default Sports "Authority"

Just remembered this. While in Central Florida recently I went to SA to buy ammo as a birthday gift for a friend. I've shopped for ammo before at SA in North Florida with no probs. They didn't sell guns or ammo and told me only the Gainesville and Tallahassee locations sell it. They used to sell handguns too, I found out from a friend who bought a G23 there in N FL. Now they don't sell any handguns and only sell long guns/ammo at two of the many locations in Florida. Talk about anti gun practices. I say boycott SA for there anti rights practices.

Anyone here know anything about SA outside of Florida?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-13-2013, 03:23 AM   #2
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1953 Times on 1135 Posts
Likes Given: 4084

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
Just remembered this. While in Central Florida recently I went to SA to buy ammo as a birthday gift for a friend. I've shopped for ammo before at SA in North Florida with no probs. They didn't sell guns or ammo and told me only the Gainesville and Tallahassee locations sell it. They used to sell handguns too, I found out from a friend who bought a G23 there in N FL. Now they don't sell any handguns and only sell long guns/ammo at two of the many locations in Florida. Talk about anti gun practices. I say boycott SA for there anti rights practices.

Anyone here know anything about SA outside of Florida?
In Albuquerque, the Sports Authority sells only long guns, shotguns and did have sporter rifles the last time, which was a year ago. They were just too expensive compared to LGS.

They did sell ammo of all makes. Not sure now!

Old 01-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1244 Times on 609 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I do not remember ever seeing guns or ammunition in any Orlando area Sports Authorities. I could be wrong, but I cannot remember seeing any.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

Old 01-13-2013, 04:06 PM   #4

Liked 25 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat View Post
I do not remember ever seeing guns or ammunition in any Orlando area Sports Authorities. I could be wrong, but I cannot remember seeing any.
The one in Altamonte Springs use to sell hand and long guns about 15 years ago they all of a sudden they stopped. I did not ask any questions back then
because it really didn't affect me.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:50 AM   #5

Liked 640 Times on 386 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I haven't been to the SA in Altamonte, I went to the one in Waterford Lakes. No guns or ammo, manager said just Tally and Gainesville. I won't be shopping there for anything anymore. They are def not an authority and obviously are anti gun.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #6

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

To my knowledge SA in CA has never sold arms or ammunition.

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 01-14-2013, 03:53 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5919 Times on 3348 Posts
Likes Given: 5460

Even here in the wild west (Wyoming) they sell only old timey long guns.

No handguns and no modern sporting rifle or shotguns. I refuse to shop there.

Winston Churchill

Old 01-14-2013, 04:00 PM   #8

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

This is great news. It looks like there will once more be some new local gun shops able to open. The Big boys from Arkansas can go home to Little Rock.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:50 PM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

SA hasn't sold guns/ammo since the late 90's here in IL. Sucks because I used to buy a lot of ammo there back in the day.