Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Sports "Authority" (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/sports-authority-81137/)

1911love 01-13-2013 12:43 AM

Sports "Authority"

Just remembered this. While in Central Florida recently I went to SA to buy ammo as a birthday gift for a friend. I've shopped for ammo before at SA in North Florida with no probs. They didn't sell guns or ammo and told me only the Gainesville and Tallahassee locations sell it. They used to sell handguns too, I found out from a friend who bought a G23 there in N FL. Now they don't sell any handguns and only sell long guns/ammo at two of the many locations in Florida. Talk about anti gun practices. I say boycott SA for there anti rights practices.

Anyone here know anything about SA outside of Florida?

Bigcountry02 01-13-2013 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911love (Post 1091142)
Just remembered this. While in Central Florida recently I went to SA to buy ammo as a birthday gift for a friend. I've shopped for ammo before at SA in North Florida with no probs. They didn't sell guns or ammo and told me only the Gainesville and Tallahassee locations sell it. They used to sell handguns too, I found out from a friend who bought a G23 there in N FL. Now they don't sell any handguns and only sell long guns/ammo at two of the many locations in Florida. Talk about anti gun practices. I say boycott SA for there anti rights practices.

Anyone here know anything about SA outside of Florida?

In Albuquerque, the Sports Authority sells only long guns, shotguns and did have sporter rifles the last time, which was a year ago. They were just too expensive compared to LGS.

They did sell ammo of all makes. Not sure now!

Daoust_Nat 01-13-2013 04:00 PM

I do not remember ever seeing guns or ammunition in any Orlando area Sports Authorities. I could be wrong, but I cannot remember seeing any.

gilfo 01-13-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat (Post 1091906)
I do not remember ever seeing guns or ammunition in any Orlando area Sports Authorities. I could be wrong, but I cannot remember seeing any.

The one in Altamonte Springs use to sell hand and long guns about 15 years ago they all of a sudden they stopped. I did not ask any questions back then
because it really didn't affect me.

1911love 01-14-2013 12:50 AM

I haven't been to the SA in Altamonte, I went to the one in Waterford Lakes. No guns or ammo, manager said just Tally and Gainesville. I won't be shopping there for anything anymore. They are def not an authority and obviously are anti gun.

gregs887 01-14-2013 02:49 PM

To my knowledge SA in CA has never sold arms or ammunition.

locutus 01-14-2013 03:53 PM

Even here in the wild west (Wyoming) they sell only old timey long guns.

No handguns and no modern sporting rifle or shotguns. I refuse to shop there.

nitestalker 01-14-2013 04:00 PM

This is great news. It looks like there will once more be some new local gun shops able to open. The Big boys from Arkansas can go home to Little Rock.:mad:

Jtelli71 01-14-2013 10:50 PM

SA hasn't sold guns/ammo since the late 90's here in IL. Sucks because I used to buy a lot of ammo there back in the day.