The South us standing up for Americans~ - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > The South us standing up for Americans~

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #41
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
Look, i've worked in a few of those anti-gun states. Voters of those states buy into the entire liberal ball of tar. In MA you are not allowed to work on the plumbing or electrical wiring in your own house, unless of course, you are a certified union plumber or electrician. Never saw so many NRA stickers on vehicles in my life as MA: But those NRA members vote the way their union tells them to.

Look at the New England states (CT, MA, ME, NH, RI and VT. There is one A rated House member along with one B rated House member: That's all there are in New England. Entire delegations are F rated; MA, for example.

http://gunowners.org/112hrat.htm
True enough. But it does bear mentioning that Vermont has the least onerous gun-control laws in the country, and New Hampshire is extremely pro-gun too.

Much of the problem, particularly in New York, is that a concentration of people in a small urban area - New York City - drives what happens to the entire state, even if the rest of the state is radically different in every way from those people in the city.

And this, boys and girls, is why the Electoral College is so critically important. Do you want the people of Los Angeles, Dallas, Chicago, Atlanta, New York and a handful of other cities determining what rights the rest of the country is allowed to have?

Old 01-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1278 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Voting is not given the importance it should by too many people. Only about a third of eligible voters show up at the polls. Of those who do, many just always select the same party, never split their ballots. Some just vote for the incumbents because they haven't studied any info about the challengers. Some, believe it or not, vote for the "cutest" candidates. Some, always for candidates of a certain race or ethnic background. If Congress really wanted to do something about it, there would be laws requiring all candidates to make their political histories public, including their voting records, not just have them so it takes dilligent effort by the few conscientious people to dig out of archives. And maybe voters should be required to sign a statement at the polls that says they have studied the candidates and are voting based upon knowledge of their records. (I guess the last line could just become a formality with no teeth). As it is now, all the info we get on the candidates is the mud-slinging they do to each other.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:12 PM   #43

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Best place I found to post this update about the former marine who was arrested in NYC forb ccw.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/former-marine-refuses-plea-deal-in-nyc-gun-possession-case/

NEVER FORGET

Old 02-14-2012, 05:20 PM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1278 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Best place I found to post this update about the former marine who was arrested in NYC forb ccw.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/former-marine-refuses-plea-deal-in-nyc-gun-possession-case/
From what I see happening in NYC, and Bloomberg's adament resistance to the concept that people have the right to defend their own lives, it appears to me that some organized crime is really in control, and wants little or no power in the people to resist being victimized.

Old 02-15-2012, 12:28 AM   #45

Liked 1704 Times on 1015 Posts
Likes Given: 369

I agree that the gun laws in New York, New Jersey, California and other places I don't frequent, have terrible gun laws. I live in Fl. and am reasonably happy with our gun laws.

That said, the people of the State have the right to govern themselves how they see fit, including writing their own gun laws...... The alternative would be all gun laws set by the Federal government. Who here would rather see that?

I don't support the Feds putting their noses into the carry issues of the individual states; what the Feds give, the Feds can take away. If the Feds get into it, guess who ends up with the most voting power? The biggest states, like California, New York, etc............

Of course, my ancestors fought, and lost, a war over states rights.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Last edited by Chainfire; 02-15-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:38 AM   #46

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire
I agree that the gun laws in New York, New Jersey, California and other places I don't frequent, have terrible gun laws. I live in Fl. and am reasonably happy with our gun laws.

That said, the people of the State have the right to govern themselves how they see fit, including writing their own gun laws...... The alternative would be all gun laws set by the Federal government. Who here would rather see that?

I don't support the Feds putting their noses into the carry issues of the individual states; what the Feds give, the Feds can take away. If the Feds get into it, guess who ends up with the most voting power? The biggest states, like California, New York, etc............

Of course, my ancestors fought, and lost, a war over states rights.
Holy cow chainfire,, we may not agree on parenting styles,, but I agree with you here 100%. Lets all remember " we the people for the people" not federalized gov. telling everybody what's good for them, like we are to stupid just because you may live in a " flyover state"....

Old 02-15-2012, 02:22 AM   #47

Liked 31 Times on 12 Posts

I think the South had the right idea in the Civil War, excluding slavery, which was Lincoln's scape goat for the war. State's rights are VERY important. Originally our government was founded solely on state's rights. After the Constitution was made the focus was still on state's rights, just like it should be. Just like different parenting styles, each state has different needs that must be met. If that parenting style works for that child then it makes that child stronger. If each state has its own laws, excluding the Constitutional rights that every state has no matter what, then the nation will be stronger than ever. A powerful national government is VERY dangerous and we have already fought a war against a country with a powerful central government, why do it again?

Old 02-15-2012, 02:24 AM   #48

Liked 31 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc

Holy cow chainfire,, we may not agree on parenting styles,, but I agree with you here 100%. Lets all remember " we the people for the people" not federalized gov. telling everybody what's good for them, like we are to stupid just because you may live in a " flyover state"....
You know, I love that flyover state song. Even though I don't live in the Midwest, I feel like Georgia is a flyover state. Sorry for going off topic.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:22 AM   #49

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Gun control like any disease spreads across state lines. There is no safe region regardless of where you are today. Gun Control started in the South following the Civil War. These laws were used to prohibit freed men from owning firearms. The gun ownership laws were later used to keep everyone under control of the state governments. I recall Alabama laws in the 1960s not good. The Southern gun laws migrated to NYC to keep the Irish and others from owning guns. The point here is regardless of where you are today, it can change. This is a National efforts we are all Brothers fighting a common enemy.

Old 02-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #50

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Lets just all move to Texas kick all the libs out and secede!

JOSHUA 24:15 As for me and my house we will serve the Lord.