The South us standing up for Americans~ - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > The South us standing up for Americans~

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2012, 01:58 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Defend the Left wing weak Democrat J. Carter? The facts are that Carter tried like hell to get "Gun Control" laws passed. The good thing was the SOB was too weak to get anything done. And what has republicans have to do with my post? If you would get off your Defend the Left and read my post. You will see I listed Bush the Elder from Txs. He was not a Dem. My point was Southern Politics have been very bad for gun owners. The people of Tenn. have elected 3 generations of Gores. As westerners we don't give a damn about about happens in NYC it is 2,000 miles away in another world. On the other hand the State of Tenn. has turned a rabid dog on the West. This low life has enforced gun control and Global Warming on the west. He has cost us freedom and jobs. If the people of Tenn. are concerned about anyones rights why are they electing these left wing low life leaders.

Old 01-29-2012, 03:26 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2237 Times on 1218 Posts
Likes Given: 3462

Yep, Durango, i agree that southern politicians have been bad for gun owners. None of them, southern or otherwise, have done a one damn thing for us.

Old 01-29-2012, 03:37 AM   #33

Yes you make a good point. I don't think easterners have any idea how hated Al Gore is in the Western States.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:07 AM   #34

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
Very true Sniper. I myself think it is a combination of stupidity, and underinformed voters. However, I have also noticed a lot of voter apathy in certain districts as well. People in general need to learn to research their choices more before they decide, it would lead to better decisions being made in the long run. I teel people that I hear in my area, that complain about how things are, to check out all of the choices before deciding, then vote for the right one. Or the lesser of the two evils.
It's easier to complain than it is to actually do anything about the problem (including a little bit of Google work). Therein lies the problem. People, in general, are lazy, content, uninterested, and generally indifferent to what happens around them in a political sense as long as they aren't bothered too much by the goings on of the political world.

How does that saying go...the people get the government they deserve?

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 01-29-2012, 04:26 AM   #35

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119

It's easier to complain than it is to actually do anything about the problem (including a little bit of Google work). Therein lies the problem. People, in general, are lazy, content, uninterested, and generally indifferent to what happens around them in a political sense as long as they aren't bothered too much by the goings on of the political world.

How does that saying go...the people get the government they deserve?
I kinda have to disagree with you on a few points. Being another westerner, most folks I know are hard working, concerned, and mostly informed. I think most the problem lies in all the damn welfare ghettos. You look at any map and you'll always see that rural areas always go red and the urban crap holes (SLC) blue. So far the rest of the state can out vote SLC.
But if you can get enough lazy-asses, illegals and dead people to vote for you (looking right at you Obama.) Look at Oklahoma. One of the few states that requires photo ID to vote, and it goes 65% head out of your ass.

Wait, was this thing on?

Old 01-29-2012, 04:40 AM   #36

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by theropinfool View Post
I kinda have to disagree with you on a few points. Being another westerner, most folks I know are hard working, concerned, and mostly informed. I think most the problem lies in all the damn welfare ghettos. You look at any map and you'll always see that rural areas always go red and the urban crap holes (SLC) blue. So far the rest of the state can out vote SLC.
But if you can get enough lazy-asses, illegals and dead people to vote for you (looking right at you Obama.) Look at Oklahoma. One of the few states that requires photo ID to vote, and it goes 65% head out of your ass.
Voter fraud is an issue, but I still maintain that a majority of people are ignorant to politics in general. It's entirely possible that those closest to you are "awake" in a political sense, but its the exception to the rule.

When you sit down and talk to your friends, what do they say their political goal(s) are for 2012? Is it to beat Obama? Is it to ensure as many republicans get into the state legislator and into congress? Is it about labels or is it about the more core issues?

75% of people don't understand terrorist attacks, they don't understand the Federal Reserve, and they don't understand what free market economics are. As I said, your friends and family may be an exception, but they are just that, an exception.

When considering the topic of more urban areas and the tendency to vote for democrats, you have to understand why they vote this way. It's a matter of dependence. While republicans (in general) demand more self reliance, the democrats (in general) push for more welfarism.

When you begin to understand the reliance upon the government (a real true reliance which is akin to slavery really) it's rather easy to see why these individuals would vote for more of the same. It's essentially institutionalization because this form of government assistance is accepted as a way of life within these communities; it doesn't just span one generation but rather multiple generations. This, of course, is vastly different than my own way of life because I was always taught to be self-reliant (as many others here have been).

There isn't a simple solution to the problem but step one is to break out of the perceived need to elect officials at all levels that are republican simply because they are republican. It's time to elect officials based on who they actually are and not the group they identify with.

I could go on but I'm gonna stop, already way off topic, apologies to the OP

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 01-29-2012, 05:12 AM   #37

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

You do have a valid point, I only deal with people as narrow minded as me.

Wait, was this thing on?

Old 01-29-2012, 05:54 AM   #38

Ropinfool, Very good I liked that post. It is so true it seems Damn few folks in the east know how their reckless politics is affecting the rest of the nation.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:57 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2237 Times on 1218 Posts
Likes Given: 3462

Look, i've worked in a few of those anti-gun states. Voters of those states buy into the entire liberal ball of tar. In MA you are not allowed to work on the plumbing or electrical wiring in your own house, unless of course, you are a certified union plumber or electrician. Never saw so many NRA stickers on vehicles in my life as MA: But those NRA members vote the way their union tells them to.

Look at the New England states (CT, MA, ME, NH, RI and VT. There is one A rated House member along with one B rated House member: That's all there are in New England. Entire delegations are F rated; MA, for example.

http://gunowners.org/112hrat.htm

Old 01-29-2012, 03:10 PM   #40
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
Yes you make a good point. I don't think easterners have any idea how hated Al Gore is in the Western States.
We really can't make generalizations about the south or the east or western states. There are idiots everywhere and good, decent Americans everywhere. Granted, there are varying concentrations in certain places. New York City is chock full of idiots, for example, even if the rest of the state is pretty good.

It would be easier if there was some kind of clear delineation where collectivists congregated on one side and Americans congregated on the other. But it's not that easy.

As for Al Gore, the folks I know here in New York understand he's an opportunistic thief using the power of government to enrich himself and position himself as one of the elite on a scam he has helped perpetrate on the world.