Sonic and Chili's Announce No Gun Policies - Page 15
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Sonic and Chili's Announce No Gun Policies

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2014, 11:34 AM   #141
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1333 Times on 902 Posts
Likes Given: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
They aren't old enough to purchase a pistol

Can't afford the pistol and ammo to train with it

Aren't old enough to buy pistol ammo

Do the words "shall not be infringed" mean anything to you?

Most "people" that do such acts are legal age
Old 06-10-2014, 02:04 PM   #142
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1275 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:

They aren't mentally "old" enough to have ANY gun.

Old 06-10-2014, 02:07 PM   #143
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 446 Times on 246 Posts
Likes Given: 901

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
They aren't mentally "old" enough to have ANY gun.
The people who aren't old enough to buy pistol ammo aren't mentally "old" enough to have any gun? Or were you referring to the open carriers?

Does "Shall not be infringed" not mean anything to you?!

Old 06-10-2014, 02:18 PM   #144
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin1995 View Post
The people who aren't old enough to buy pistol ammo aren't mentally "old" enough to have any gun? Or were you referring to the open carriers?
I'm referring to people who think the general public will be filled with admiration for some turkey who struts around in a small, crowded coffee shop showing off a long gun. Especially when the crowded conditions would not even give him/her room to deploy the gun even if it would be needed.
All that does is pi$$ people off. It doesn't evoke great respect.

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 06-10-2014 at 02:22 PM.
kfox75 Likes This 
Old 06-10-2014, 08:31 PM   #145
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

first of all, i fully support open carry along with concealed carry.

now what does bother me about some who open carry is not the fact that they are excercising their right to do so, but sometimes the way and where they choose to excecise that right.

personally, i see them doing more damage to the cause and doing all gun owners a disservice when they are alienating non-gun owners and business's against us.

what impression or what image do we the responsible gun owner want the general public to percieve us as?

there is a right way and a wrong way to approach anything in life. some of these people saying they are excercising their rights are using the wrong way to get the job done in a responsible manner.

legally i could walk into the grocery store or my local WalMart with my AR slung over my shoulder, but i can tell you right now, it ain't happening. simply because of the image or perception it would present to those around me. it's legal, and it's my right to do so. but i con't consider it to be responsible or a mature adult thing to do. i also think it sends the wrong message to the general public an is a poor representation of a responsible gun owner and a citizen who is concerned about his community.

now i live in Texas and there are groups trying to get passed the legal carrying openly of pistols here. now if they had a rally in a public place to promote this being passed, i would be there supporting it.

there are mature and responsible actions to get the message across and to change things. i would much rather approach them from that angle. like peaceable rallies, sending letters and emails to my representatives and legislators to get a law passed making open carrying of a pistol legal in the state of Texas.

Old 06-10-2014, 08:33 PM   #146
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 1333 Times on 902 Posts
Likes Given: 168

Keep the thread on topic, and free from attacking members of the forum.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:01 PM   #147
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default Sonic and Chili's Announce No Gun Policies

Quote:

TO ME you Ask that Question??? In light of the Mods request to keep it on part of the topic, I will refrain from further comment

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 06-10-2014 at 09:15 PM.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:02 PM   #148
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
first of all, i fully support open carry along with concealed carry.

now what does bother me about some who open carry is not the fact that they are excercising their right to do so, but sometimes the way and where they choose to excecise that right.

personally, i see them doing more damage to the cause and doing all gun owners a disservice when they are alienating non-gun owners and business's against us.

what impression or what image do we the responsible gun owner want the general public to percieve us as?

there is a right way and a wrong way to approach anything in life. some of these people saying they are excercising their rights are using the wrong way to get the job done in a responsible manner.

legally i could walk into the grocery store or my local WalMart with my AR slung over my shoulder, but i can tell you right now, it ain't happening. simply because of the image or perception it would present to those around me. it's legal, and it's my right to do so. but i con't consider it to be responsible or a mature adult thing to do. i also think it sends the wrong message to the general public an is a poor representation of a responsible gun owner and a citizen who is concerned about his community.

now i live in Texas and there are groups trying to get passed the legal carrying openly of pistols here. now if they had a rally in a public place to promote this being passed, i would be there supporting it.

there are mature and responsible actions to get the message across and to change things. i would much rather approach them from that angle. like peaceable rallies, sending letters and emails to my representatives and legislators to get a law passed making open carrying of a pistol legal in the state of Texas.
Amen. Just as an analogy, there are some people who own and love to play a tuba. But to go to a private business and spend the afternoon blowing their tuba might get them asked to leave. And if 2 dozen tuba tooters went to the business place day after day, loudly blowing their tubas, that might scare enough customers away so that the business would go belly up.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:05 PM   #149
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 446 Times on 246 Posts
Likes Given: 901

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
TO ME?? They Mean EVERYTHING to me , or else I'd have not put on a uniform. If they aren't old enough, then they need to wait to be 21 like everyone else.......

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
So why should I not be allowed to defend myself by carrying a firearm? What is the reasoning behind making the age 21 instead of 18? Why, as a tax paying, law abiding adult am I not granted my 2A?

Does "Shall not be infringed" not mean anything to you?!

People Like This 
Old 06-10-2014, 09:11 PM   #150
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

There is not any history in the last few years of people having a shootout in a Sonic nor a Chili's food trough. They are not generally considered to be risky environments. So maybe it would make some kinda sense to just take that awesome risk and leave the toy outside, just to avoid being a spectacle, instead of intentionally being a spectacle.